Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

It’s really gotten a little out of control. This woman is batshit crazy.

15 Likes

Don’t worry, we all know what a whackadoodle she is! lol

27 Likes

Maybe use the acronym BSC? :kissing_heart:

Or, you can use the COTH emoji function. Like this…

:bat: :poop: :crazy_face:

21 Likes

We are intelligent people with good memories, and don’t fall for Kate Shearer’s garbage.

You are the person who kindly picked up your friends emaciated weanling that was under Kate Shearer’s “care”. You need not defend yourself, or your friend, here.

36 Likes

If you want to be a successful, respected breeder you are there for foaling season! :clap: :clap::clap:
It’s like a baseball manager taking off the first 8 games of the season and leaving the players to fend for themselves. It wouldn’t happen or you’d be fired. Unfortunately, your horses can’t fire you. So here we are hoping we can make a difference for any animal you own or may own in the future.

16 Likes

Does the poor filly still have the halter mark embedded in her face? What’s Kate’s excuse for that?

12 Likes

I’ve noticed, looking back on Shearer’s photos today that that filly isn’t the only one with halter marks.

That sort of neglect is a hallmark of the backyard breeder. Leaving snug halters on growing babies is asinine.

24 Likes

The other interesting aspect of COTH is that there are quite a few participants on these forums who have a knack for finding out background information when it comes to threads like this.

KS has a very long strange history involving lawsuits. And legal controversy.

I think I declared on this thread a few days ago that no one needs to worry, she isn’t actually going to try and sue anyone, because she never passed the bar.

Whoa Nelly. I was wrong about that.

But regardless… I still don’t think you need to worry @FionaESmith . All you did was pick up a seriously neglected filly, and make statements about her condition, that were substantiated by photographs, and are entirely consistent with many other statements made by many other people about the condition of this person’s horses.

25 Likes

Are you saying that she has passed the bar, or that she is suing someone without hiring an attorney?

She didn’t pass the bar.

But she has made a habit of filing nutty lawsuits. Apparently with the assistance of attorneys.

15 Likes

Ah. Well, no one here has anything to be worried about.

Kate may have need of an attorney if the veterinarian and/or vet hospital that she has accused of negligence/incompetence and dubious semen dealings, decide to sue her.

17 Likes

I don’t know. She has threatened the owner of the foal claiming I am her employee so she is liable… she is sue happy.

8 Likes

Agreed.

But I did want to correct my earlier statement, cause she DEFINITELY is a litigious person. Not just someone who barks about filing lawsuits (cough cough LOLLYPOP).

19 Likes

Bring it on. Photos tell a story, not gossip and excuses.

11 Likes

Oh, bull.

Are there W-2s from your friend proving your employment? Anything more and longer standing than maybe gas money and money for the board and feeding of the weanling?

I wouldn’t worry about it. We have some attorneys here who won’t give legal advice (and so they shouldn’t) but maybe some can weigh in on if you should be worried about it (you shouldn’t.)

12 Likes

Just such a headache. But the foal is thriving. That’s what counts.

24 Likes

She has to prove you all harmed her in some way.

That typically means proving she suffered a financial loss because of reputational harm to her business.

Or proving defamation.

But… the truth is always a defense to defamation.

Also, she admitted on this thread that her breeding is just a hobby, not a business.

Also, she already had a terrible reputation in multiple states going back years. There’s a lot of stuff on the internet about her and even a terrible Yelp review. Seriously.

Soooo… she didn’t have a good reputation to begin with.

Also, she’s currently involved in a lawsuit with a person in Arizona because of stuff said in a different horse related social media group. And it’s scheduled to go to trial this spring. And the suit looks positively nutty. And she no doubt will continue to be busy with that for awhile.

Anyways, long story short, you and the filly’s owner should be just fine.

14 Likes

Meanwhile, do stop responding to Shearer’s baiting. We know who the unscrupulous person (IMHO) is.

It’s not you, and it’s not your friend, who was unlucky enough to have paid Kate Shearer for a foal and then trust Shearer to take care of it.

24 Likes

That is what counts.

And, you all going public might have spared other people from falling into a trap as well.

It’s really hard to go public with bad experiences when it comes to buying and selling horses, or dealing with any number of horse people. There’s a whole lot of nutty vindictive people out there. But if everyone stays silent over these situations, then the nutty people just keep going and going, and many more good people and horses suffer as a result.

Keep your chin up.

9 Likes

Yes, and it’s just another low for Shearer, threatening an active service member with a lawsuit, because Shearer sold her an emaciated foal and the buyer was concerned enough to send a kind friend to pick it up because buyer is an active duty member of the U.S. Military and couldn’t pick it up herself.

New low, Kate Shearer.

26 Likes