Unlimited access >

Ponies of the 80's and early 90's

I think I remember Dabble Do Ya from 98/99 in the larges at culpeper, is it like a white/creamy tan colored paint?

if not which pony am i think of?

I know this was posted a long time ago, but someone asked about Polaris Masterpiece. He’s still in the Memphis area. I think he still shows in short stirrup or children’s hunter pony.

Another person asked about Giggles. If it is the small black and white paint pony, it is in memphis too.

http://community.webshots.com/user/chunkymonkey868

ok, I think I thought of her–the girl that won both the med & large o/f at Pony Finals that one year. Rebecca O’Neill?? She rode with Apple Ridge in WI? Somebody mentioned it earlier & it’s been bugging me!!

This thread IS addictive!!

Does anybody remember Tuff Competition? My friend had him late 80’s & he had come from April something in OH at the time. She then sold him to Amber Thiessen.

Yes, Unlock the Magic passed away last year.

SHINING MOMENT’s mom was a paint. That’s where she got the belly patch. Her sister I have is seriously spotted .

"Crystal Acres"

Home of Major Fox, Tribute In Light, All Dressed Up, and Foxen the Pony Princess!
www.underthepinesfarm.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RodeoGirl:
Dance on Ice–Alisson Firestone, Kendra Bullington
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dance on Ice was also done by Katie Huber.

“Some people need to buy the winners, others make them.”

I am 99.99% certain that Paige Johnson owned For Kid’s Sake. If I’m remembering correctly, Teddi Jo Mellencamp also rode For Kid’s Sake.

I don’t know if anyone has asked about Who’s Kidding Who? but this past weekend at Lexington, Katherine Newman was riding him/her-they did pretty well actually.

MaybeForever, I am so curious who you are, too. I used to ride with Rebecca and I checked your profile and noticed we are about the same age. Hmmmm.

how about-

A little Dable Do ya

Aaron vale showed this pony when he was a junior i believe. An ammy at my barn owns him now…hes VERY old…anyone know??

Ice Castle
Rosmel’s Capri Sun - i know Lindsey George had this pony

“It is the difficult horses that have the most to give you.”

G.A. Barnes

MaybeForever333…I know the Fromans - trained together and went to the same high school! Ryan is in grad school in Pittsburgh, getting his law & business degrees, and Alyssa is in college. Ryan hasn’t ridden for a long time, and Alyssa just trail rides. They still have all of their horses and ponies, most of whom are pretty old and retired now. They are doing well.

Did you show at that same time? I showed some in the ponies, but Alyssa and I mostly showed together when she did the Junior Jumpers and I did the Junior Hunters, in the mid-to-late 90s.

ice castle- ashley means

though i should say that this pony has been re-measured as a large

Sarah
-slow down, you move too fast
you’ve got to make the morning last-

wesierobb- He’s still alive! I think he’s like 31 now. I rode him about 8 years ago. I love that pony. He was the first pony I ever rode that did everything. The school horses I rode didn’t do lead changes or anything, so he taught me alot. Thanks for the info on him!

Here’s another picture of him!

http://community.webshots.com/user/chunkymonkey868

harvey.jpg

Dance on Ice was also done by Molly Ashe! His name was Film at Eleven and she did him in the pony finals for Jerry Dougherty.

April Sturm used to have Tuff Competition - she rode with the Howards.

“I have a great love of animals and laughter.”

• Walt Disney

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ryan:
indy, yeah, laurel mullen’s shining moment is the same one you are talking about. she was a cool pony, and laurel did a wonderful job on her.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shining Moment was very cool and really pretty. The last time I saw her was when Nicole Brown leased her after Michelle Harpenau had her.

Wow, I think almost everyone rode Change of Heart–Dolly, I most remember when the Herman sisters showed her.

Silver Bullet–Pistol–small white pony, I showed him about 12 years ago right before he became popular. I saw him three years ago still carting kids around the pony ring.

Silver Tide–The Ruffs had him for several years, both daughters showed him and won everything. They also had Devil’s River and Foxlair’s Fascination.

I remember showing against Chanel when she belonged to the Ziffs. I think it was 1987, I was trying to qualify for pony finals, which was held in Culpepper Va. My pony at the time looked identical to Chanel. Both mediums, flea-bitten gray and both moved great.

I remember having to ride Rosmel’s Caprisun when she refused to go through and in and out.

I used to show Strike it Rich, a large pony, barn name was Worley. She was owned by several people.

Yep, Lindners had Captain Hook and Strike It Rich. The Prentiss’ had Worley also. Very nice ponies!

“I have a great love of animals and laughter.”

• Walt Disney

Memphis Belle was at Chatham, but now belongs to some people that hunt with Bedford (Va). A picture recently came in of her and a tiny little girl who does lead line/walking type stuff. Ask tackpud for more info on her.

Almost to college!

paige johnson rode For Kid’s Sake …
she also had Himself The Elf
both ponies were listed in the VHSA results from 94 or 95?