Unlimited access >

Preakness 2023

Honestly, a field of “fresh” horses is a greater challenge IMO.

It’s just unfortunate that the best of the 3 year old crop are usually aiming for what are perceived to be bigger races anymore-- the Derby, the summer classics, even the Belmont. They all get a bit more stallion making clout.

2 Likes

21 Likes

The long-suffering face on the stable pony… :smile:

23 Likes

“Dam KIDS!!”

10 Likes

I also went out to celebrate a friend’s birthday on the day of Justify’s Belmont! Luckily we were at a Cheesecake Factory that had TVs showing sports. I got up and stood by the bar to watch the race (with maybe two other random people) and then had to sit through the rest of lunch silently buzzing with adrenaline lol.

3 Likes

I think I am going to keep most of my photos on FB for pretty obvious reasons. Let me know if you need a link.

2 Likes

I’m not a facebook member. I wish you’d post them here.

Sorry Skydy, I mostly take videos which are hard to post here as they have to be posted somewhere else first then the link posted here. Not to mention the cat infestation on the Derby thread. Everything I post on FB is public so you don’t have to have any account.

4 Likes

Thanks Laurierace. What is the name of your page, or would you rather PM?

I don’t mind sharing it, it’s easy to block the asshats there
11 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

@Laurierace, thank you!

1 Like

First Mission is out

4 Likes

So I have a small problem with his take on the Alibi breakfast. I agree that it is a grand tradition but I never thought it was for Derby runner’s connections to give an alibi on why they didn’t win the Derby, it was touted as Preakness connections talking their horse’s chances up in the Preakness with an explanation for why it may not work. Aka he is training great but will have to see how he handles the shorter distance, lack of speed, presence of speed, track conditions etc

Secondly the Fasig-Tipton two year olds in training under tack show started that morning at 8am. Imagine being Brad Cox for example and telling your owners who are looking to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on next year’s Mage that you can’t go watch the horses they are interested in bidding on work because you have to go eat pancakes. Being forced to choose the trainer is going to choose the sale 100 out of 100 times and rightly so.

Lastly the breakfast cost me $80 last year. I am sure they give the connections free tickets but still. I could never go when I was training because I was working so now that I am retired I went for the first time last year. I doubt I will go again.

2 Likes

Yep.
My take on the article/writer is a whinging bit of non-news.

Black Eyed Susan will go off shortly.
Anyone watching?
Favorites?

Really nice battle to the wire between Speed Bias & Rattle N Roll in the Pimlico Special, with RnR coming out on top by a slim nose.

How are we supposed to watch any races today when NBC and USA aren’t showing them?
Sigh.
I’m afraid now that NBC won’t show Royal Ascot this year either.
Shoot.

Looks like it’s being streamed on Peacock.
The least they could do, if not showing on their mainstream channel, allow FanDuel or FS2 to show it.

1 Like

Too late for today but I wasn’t about to pay for Peacock and found streaming on Pimlico’s website for free instead.

4 Likes