Unlimited access >

Preakness 2023

NYRA streams racing on you tube. “America’s Day at the Races”. You won’t get every race run everywhere but you don’t have to pay and you they concentrate more on the horses.

2 Likes

If you have the TwinSpires app, you can watch pretty much any race anywhere for free.

However, I have heard the app is not available in all states.

Here’s a screenshot of where it is available:

1 Like

A couple of stitches over his eye and he’s good to go.

2 Likes

He sounds like he is a handful–the rearing coming off the track after a workout and the self-damage over the eye. But I guess not unusual for a race-fit three-year old colt?

I was able to watch the Pimlico races yesterday shortly after they were run on YouTube. However, thanks for this link—nice thing is, I can watch it live or start from the beginning (missing the “fillers” between).

Live Stream – Pimlico

2 Likes

Havnameltdown broke down dramatically in the stretch just now in the very first race of the day that CNBC/Peacock showed live. Ugh. It was awful to watch on so many levels.

Edited to add: He was euthanized on the track. Catastrophic injury to the left front ankle. :frowning: Tragic.

2 Likes

They just said on the Preakness race day coverage (on CNBC now, moves to NBC at 4:30 EDT) Peacock will stream Ascot during the week then move to NBC on Saturday…wonder if any of the Royals will make an appearance…

1 Like

That breakdown was horrendous.

2 Likes

I immediately thought of you, @Laurierace. It gutted me just watching on television; I can’t imagine seeing it in person. :frowning:

2 Likes

I think most of the people here didn’t even notice it thankfully but I watch races with a trainer’s eye unfortunately. I was telling everyone in our group not to look and they had no idea what I was talking about.

2 Likes

I’m glad I didn’t see it. I just started watching. They did say first thing that Luis Saez is waiting on x-ray results and has leg pain, but seems OK.

1 Like

Looks like the OP’s wish to move on after the Kentucky Derby since the show must go on is not happening this week.

I don’t know that I will ever willingly watch any more racing after seeing that horrendous scene.

5 Likes

Beer Can Man has a lot of try. Nice win.

I’m having difficulty watching as well.

2 Likes

Beer Can Man and his connections added some much-needed positive energy and excitement to this day for me.

2 Likes

The news of the breakdown is featured in the digital NYT.

Straight No Chaser looked fantastic.

4 Likes

Did I hear that Straight No Chaser is owned by My Racehorse? What were those silks on the jockey, not MR silks.

He’s listed on the BloodHorse website as being owned by My Racehorse.

And on Equibase. But those were not MR silks. ?

This why I just can’t go to the track. I did it once, watched the Preakness, and left immediately thereafter. I considered myself lucky to not have seen anything so awful.

2 Likes