Question for Canter

Will Definelty be back tommorow… after all, can’t let those CA people win, now can we? YAY! We made our goal!

What?!? It’s been half an hour and nobody has posted anything, so I decided to do it myself. That’s a big deal for a lazy 16 year old like myself. The beer topic didn’t work out too well, so I’m starting another little something to talk about. What are your favourite song lyrics? Who is your fave band/singer? Do any songs/lyrics describe you or your horsie? Will this topic occupy you for the next page or so or will I have to come up with something else equally lame?

Hmmm, I’m thinking I’ll answer my own questions.

Favourite lyrics of the moment:
“If loving you makes a slave of me then I’ll spend my whole life in chains” from Lose Your Way by Sophie B. Hawkins.

Favourite band: Our Lady Peace! They’re Canadian, and they know how to make music. Maybe we should send them a shipment of thongs to wear on tour…

Now to describe my horse (okay, she’s not mine, but you get the idea…): You’d have to listen to the whole song, but it’s “Beautiful Like Me” by Joydrop. The chorus goes “I’m not beautiful like you, I’m beautiful like me.” It totally describes Abby because she’s amazing but not in the way you’d think or expect a horse to be. I know this is kinda confusing, but it does make sense to me!

Talk to all you Canadian gals (where are all the guys?) later…much later, as I actually have to go to school tomorrow. Ugh.

MissD

Wingsy, is that why you snatched our thread? To somehow sustain and encourage the belief that Canadians (and by extension, their threads) were superior? Darling, I do believe you are wiley enough to be a member.

Eating leftover eggs bene and drinking my Blue/OJ “Mimosa of sortss”…

BossHoss–just wait til the pup is full grown, and leaving landmines"!!!

Has Tin’s mare popped yet???

Tin and LCR, I swear I’m gonna let down! Wyahhhh, I want a baby (horse, that is)! In the aid of self preservation, I’d like all to note that I’m now going gaga over foals (and not those of the human variety).

a corgi pup, trying to poop in 6 inches of fresh snow—trying not to dip it’s stub of a tail in the snow??? Funny!!!

#2 writes like heidi but I have no clue lol.

LOL Fred. But did “Sue Pritchard” have a herd of goats with her? LOL!!
To do the smilies, just click on the face that you want whenever you need one and it automatically inserts itself

It is raining, so not too happy, haha

Diane,
Wow you must have been busy at the Royal! I only had two horses down there and I was extremely busy.

That is so sad about your mare. That was my biggest fear when breeding because Edwyn’s mom is my old hunter that I showed for years. When she went lame I was supposed to sell her and continue showing but I just love her way too much and couldn’t part with my best friend. That is the story how I got into the wonderful world of breeding.

BTW, I looooove your baby’s name. Too cute.

So what kind of things are you doing with her right now? I board at Susan Wood’s farm and we don’t have an arena. I have been sooo lazy this winter. I absolutley despise the cold and I took off to Florida to visit my sister for a while( she is showing in West Palm). When I came back I found myself itching to do something with my horses and there is just nothing for me to do besides groom. As soon as I can get into the sand ring I will be working with him again but he really hasn’t done anything this winter besides grow and become a man!! That is another thing that I must get around to, I am just going to feel really guilty when he has to have that done!

Who is your filly’s dad? That is too funny about her being afraid of the snores!!!

Doubletake, thanks for the link. Checked it out, drooled, and I’m machinating. Poor Hans, while he’s at work, darling wife sits, surfs and books frozen semen. Lankonig’s now on my list.

Jamie Lynn, sweetness, not only will you have to wear an orange toque but Sorel boots and thong panties under your Vera Wang Mother-of-the-Bride gown. BTW, think I’m gonna stop by for a visit on our next trip to New York to check out your mares of the equine and human variety - not to mention the dowry zamboni.

OOPS!

[This message was edited by JumpTheMoon on Mar. 23, 2001 at 05:23 PM.]

Quite probably Lizzie.

Tin, the picture’s kinda dark, and the oxer may be small but Tates seems to think he’s jumping 4’6.

Sorry BossHoss, you were out of the running on the 17th. Your colour/sex/markings guess still stands unless you want to change it

Here’s who’s left in the poll for dates:

Flash- March, 2nd; bay filly with star, 1 sock and little bit of white on the other

fernie fox- March 9th; bay colt with star, stripe and 4 white socks

TeriKessler- April 1st and a zebra

tecumsea- last week feb./first week march; bay colt with star, 3 white socks

Chanda- March 11th (Chanda’s b-day); bay with one white hind, one front and star

Bumpkin> nah, I’ll just hide in heidi’s truck as they drive through But hey if I start right now, I could probably ride Tin to Calgary for… say… this time 2003. I’ll met everyone then k?

Well, mare is down and sleeping. Not very exciting

glad that was just a false alarm with your mare. but I bet I can beat EVERYBODY with the longest gestation: 12 months and 10 days … bred the mare April 10, His Majesty was born April 20. talk about being tired (me and the mare)
Now one of my my mares, Cricket - who is less than a month from foaling (she is bred to a Holsteiner) is acting in HEAT!!! ( her own gestation was 2 days short of a year!!) they do this to test your love and devotion. I bought a barn video camera finally.
and TIN :KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THAT PONY!! I saw her. I want her . I need her!!

[This message was edited by Fred on Feb. 28, 2001 at 06:24 PM.]

I’m with Boss Hoss on the first sign of spring.
Ground Hog Day is a big celebration for us.
Shadow or not does not matter. The days are getting longer and the sparrows are up when I go to chore.
However next year we go south for Dec- March.

I mean Anne. Shouldn’t you be at the Juno’s?

I’ll play, I’ll play!!!

Number 2 does sound like Heidi, but since they guessed wrong on Incubus, I’ll have to say it’s not… perhaps LCR Scott has come out to play again???

Hopefully our mare will emulate Tin’s Brie and go 2 weeks over! she’s due on Monday and is the size of a round bale, the baby’s dropped already to the point that her legs only look around a foot long! I know she’s ready but I’m not!!! my partner doesn’t arrive home from 6 weeks in Ocala until Tuesday and I told him there is no way I am dealing with the birth by myself … her last year’s foal was born dumb and died after a few days (with her previous owner) … I keep telling her wait a little longer, and she just keeps looking at me with the smuggest look on her face!