Question for Canter

Oh,that picture desn’t really show her colour that well, too dark and I can’t lighten it up. Will be taking the camera to see her today and see if we can capture the colour.

Thanks for the congrats everyone We’re really happy Galli is a little ball of energy and such a character. The went outside for a tiny bit today and she had her first run in with a snow bank! The farm manager had to dig her out We didn’t get to see it (sleeping!) but hopefully we’ll get some good pictures today.

Happy Birthday Canter!!

Tin, stay away from excessive ( sp?) amounts of protein. If you force the growth too much you will have problems. Speak to some of the successful breeding farms and ask what they are feeding?

Heidi, I used to love solving riddles. Now that I am over 40, my solving and logic programming has developed a virus!!

I remember getting up an hour early for a show (several times) to go breed a mare before we loaded Mandarin up, and off we went (being TB we only did live covers)!!! The thing with stallions is that they need to know which job, and when. I remember a woman who wanted me to leave the showgrounds, and come breed her mare at her farm. I said NO!!! I shipped him home, and she met us there, where we went through his proper “ritual”, and produced a lovely foal.

What do you call an Alabama farmer with a sheep
under each arm?
A Pimp.

your little hiney down here, the two-year-olds will be carting around short-stirrup kids, and the yearlings will have been “backed”!!!

That’s OK, mud season has arrived, and I’m afraid to even go outside right now!!!

doubletake> wow your good!

BossHoss> yep, I messed the riddle up, but that’s excatly how it was e-mails to me! Swear!! Not my fault

is a Thoroughbred. Last I heard, he was in the Ottawa area with Ellard Bandy.

and how the *&^%$ do you do those grinny smilie faces. When I try, I keep getting the word"undefined". which does not have the same effect. watchundefined

Oh my! I have so much to learn I shall try to be more Canadian from now on! I would not want to lose the honoUr of being a Canadian- how’s that??!!

how can it keep on snowing??? we got another 5 inches last night … that’s snow every day this week … and on Sunday it was 14c , rode in just a sweatshirt it was wonderful … to make it worse I get daily calls from Ocala with complaining about how hot it is and muggy …

Canter - did you know that Donna Billes is a frequent lurker on the EMG board? not sure about this one though , heard that she has her laptop in Ocala with her so she can keep on lurking!

Methinks Hans is in big trouble.

I feel like trying out my scanner. I’ll post something is a little while.

So he’s your group’s idea of a California icon? He embodies California?

Well, let’s see: he has cosmetically altered teeth, hair a bit too coiffed (IMHO) for any self-respecting man, he is bloated with illusions about his singing talent, and oh, what he “really wants to do is direct.”

Sorry, my apologies. He is indeed a Calif. representative.

I told you Alanah is a NUT. Only she would say that.

Remember Lisa Dal Bello? She does a ton of commerical work - both singing and songwriting and is the nicest person in the world.

Heidi/Worthy: CHALLENGE QUESTION FOR 10 POINTS
I’m trying to remember the name of the guy who had the Toronto band called…errr. He used to think he was David Byrne and wore those really boxy suits. What is his name? Who is the band? It’s on the tip of my tongue… no I can’t even remember the name of their hit song (maybe they had 2 or 3) I remember the video, hence the boxy suit reference. Care to take a wild guess? I’d recognise the name if I saw it!!!

Congratulations to you, Brie, and Galli! I have officially fallen in looove with the little, long-legged Galli! She is going to be TALL! OMG! She’s adorable! How’s the mare doing? Can I please be Galli’s aunt? I can be Auntie Doubletake! I LOVE her, Tin! Congratulations on such a beautiful little girl!

Darn, I wanted to get that riddle right! But I am way too lazy to try and figure it all out. Thanks, Tin, I see you’ve got the time on your hnd to do something useful! BTW, yep, I’m going to Kemptville. The show is so close to our barn that we hack over. Schooling shows are my time to shine, since I don’t yet have the money and/or skill needed to do the Trilliums. Do you know how many people are going? The last one I was at, there were three people in my class. Ick. Will you be there? I’ll look for you, you ride Tin Can Cody right? I’ll probably be riding Golden Friendship, a buckskin appy mare. Yay! I love shows!

What the heck is wrong with the EMG board!!!

Heidi, thats an awfully high studfee for a 5 year old stallion that has a) done very little competition and b) has no performing offspring

For that price you could breed to some very nice established sires in Europe via frozen semen or using fresh/cooled to the likes of Feiner Stern or Zeoliet who are in the US.

The description also did not indicate his approved status with the different registries.

But he is beautiful looking horse

“Question for Tin”…hmmm I like the sound of that! But it probably would be as significant if Tin was the one who posted “Question for Tin” perhaps one of my alters will be so thoughtful! LOL!!

I must say that this thread let me get to know all you all (notice I didn’t say y’all; personal growth) and bow down to Heidi the thread god for bringing us together.

I now turn to the thread Thread, I will miss you. You gave me an excuse to not pay attention in class and I spend coutnless hours building you up. I am proud of you. You make all of your “mothers and father” very proud. Don’t be afraid of death. Just head for the light and don’t look back (we will be there with pitforks incase you do). Know that we love you, you gave us joy and entertainment as we flung the orange thongs around and filled our toques with snow to make beer snow cones. Goodbye my beautiful, we shall miss you.

LOL!

To put your brain at ease
*The crime is suicide
*The daughter would have them trade horses so that they would want to win and have their horse come in second
*It was a coin in his pocket
*OTTFFSSE
They are the first letters of the numbers 1-8
Now you can sleep, y’alls!

well our sweetie pie mare just tried to attack our barn manager while being fed and then lunged and squeeled at a familar family walking by her stall. Maybe tonight will be the night she finally foals, or she’s just fed up… hopefully it’s the first one Well mare cam will be on all night just in case

Wingsy, is that why you snatched our thread? To somehow sustain and encourage the belief that Canadians (and by extension, their threads) are superior? Darling, I do believe you are wiley enough to be a member.