Unlimited access >

Riderless Horses and Horseless Riders--matchmaking service!

Thanks Wanderluster,

Too far for me, I wish you were closer!

Hay, if you can’t find a boarder and are looking to possibly pay, I might have someone for you. She’s my volunteer, lives here in Anza (so doesn’t need boarding) and very good with horses. I’m Casey at The Golden Carrot, cocarrot@earthlink.net if you decide to go that way, I’ll put Sierra in touch with you!

8 y.o. OTTB in S.E. Michigan

I have a very nice OTTB who needs something to do! I’m very, very pregnant & can’t ride right now, and this guy is bored and lonely. He’s pretty mellow and was well-behaved the few times I’ve been able to get someone to hop on him. He needs to be started very slowly due to lack of conditioning - he hasn’t done a thing since July - and adhesions on his DDFT. Probably planning a low level dressage or pleasure horse career, no jumping in this guys future.
We are located close to Port Huron (St Clair) convenient to I-94.

Rider Seeking Horse near Denver, CO

I have recently relocated from Virginia to Colorado, and after going 4 months w/o riding, I need to find some horses! I have shown up and down the east coast in the ponies as a junior and A/A’s after that, and continued to show during and after college. I am comfortable on all levels and types, and am small enough to school larges (and mediums in a pinch!) Although my background is in hunters, eq and jumpers, I pony clubbed to C2 as a teen and am well versed in basic dressage and diligent flatwork.

I’m open to any horses that need a person- for trails, flatwork, jumping, general exercise, etc… I am confident in my abilities and have excellent references if needed. Willing to drive within an hour of Denver. Thanks!

Horseless experienced rider in Philadelphia

Hi everyone! I am a 29 year-old Philadelphia resident and long-time (20 years plus) rider, primarily hunters. I had my own horses and competed through high school. I couldn’t bring my horse to college, but rode at a local farm, including greens, sale horses, and boarder horses. I have done some teaching, too, of beginners on up. I went back to law school a few years ago and now work in the city at a nonprofit. I held a succession of half-leases over the past couple years, but my law school loan repayment kicked in and I had to let the most recent lease expire. So now I’m horseless :frowning: I’d LOVE to find something to ride but can’t afford to do any leasing and also have sorta a nutty work schedule so even finding regular lessons is a stretch. Ideally I’d love to be able to find someone who maybe has a similarly weird schedule as I do who has a horse that needs riding once or twice more a week than they currently are being ridden. I’m an experienced and capable rider who can be trusted to take care of your horse. Maybe posting here is a long shot but I thought I’d give it a try! Feel free to PM me! Thanks!!!

Horseless Rider in the Atlanta Area!

Unfortunately I lost my mare to colic recently, so I am out a horse of my own for the foreseeable future. I showed extensively in the hunter/eq rings as a junior and for a short while as an adult. I also have experience in the jumper ring, though my heart does lie in the hunter ring. I have experience working with green horses. I have been a working student in the past as well as a rider for a trainer.

Horseless in Southern California. Can go within an hour of Dana Point or Irvine. Lots of experience, have worked under trainers for 5+ years. APHA, AQHA, and rated hunter experience.

i could accually use a pal to hang in here

i have tb that need to get back on course so training is a good thing to have…a new kid starting dressage…a big gray tb thats been doing trails,another tb gelding that can jump…a paso fono that needs to be finished…and a beautul paint stallion that was trained as a reining horse needs to come out of moth balls…i run this place all by my lonesome and it would be nice to share with a friend… whinnyhill@aol.com ann:yes: oh just above south boston va

Horseless grad student in Tallahassee, available AM

Competent catch rider has been out of the saddle for a few years due to school/work/life demands. Currently taking hunt seat and dressage lessons, but husband balks at horse ownership/lease until after 2011 graduation. Would like more miles in the saddle; will trade work for suitable situation :slight_smile:

Riderless horse in south/central New Jersey

16.2h 13 year old Holsteiner mare for free lease in-barn only. Looking for help with my mare as I am traveling every week for work right now. She is schooling 3’6 and would be very competitive children’s/adult jumper.

Horseless rider in md!

Hi! I would like more saddle time :smiley:
I am situated in montgomery county, please pm me for more information!
thanks

Riderless horse in Berks County, PA

I have a 15.1hh TB/QH mare that needs a rider. I’d consider a free lease on farm and off, but I’d be really picky about the home.

There is no indoor at the farm she is boarded at but there are lots of trails and a decent outdoor to take advantage of.

She is an EASY ride, I could probably hop right on her now and go on a trail or to a show (if she were in shape) and she hasn’t been ridden for over a month :slight_smile:

She has mild arthritis so the highest she jumps is 2’9"ish, and no jumping in the winter unless it is a warm day and the ground isn’t frozen.

She needs a rider who is not especially timid. Her former owner was an adult who was not the most confident so she would take advantage of that to get out of work.

Showing opportunities for the right person! If the right situation came along I’d be willing to trailer for free to shows and help out/train the person. However, the person would be responsible for class fees since Autumn doesn’t really need to be shown. Good opportunity for someone who likes to show on the local level though.

Ideally I’d like someone to start coming out while I’m on break 12/19-1/12 so that I can be around for the first few times you ride.

PM me!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs257.snc1/10421_1215791671241_1122324303_30701427_154801_n.jpg

Horseless rider in Athens, GA

Hi, I posted awhile ago but recently had some old accounts merged and now have a new username :smiley:

I have been riding h/j since I was 10 or so (currently senior in college), but lack of funds + my trainer moving further away has made it hard to ride on a consistent basis throughout school. I am a quiet, confident, and extremely capable rider, albeit out of shape.

I am a student at UGA, and hoping someone might need a horse or two hacked a couple of times during the week! I am very experienced with OTTBs and greenies and very flexible; I’m willing to do whatever you’d like me to do with your horse as long as I get to be near them! I would be very grateful to have some horse time each week. Feel free to PT me if you know of anything!

Horseless [again!] rider in MA/NH

Horseless in Ma/Southern New Hampshire. Eventing background. PMs are appreciated! Expirience with greenies/ottbs. Riding for 10 years.

Warmbloods in Lexington, KY

I have two warmbloods, a Danish 17 yr old 16.1HH dressage horse and an 18HH Holsteiner jumper. I will do an in-barn free lease on either. The Danish was regional champion at 4th level. The Holsteiner is a nice jumper. Both are sound and have been shown lots. Just PM me if you have an interest. I have an outdoor arena here 200X120.

Horseless in Central IL

I am currently horseless and going to college, I would love the opportunity to get back in the saddle. I have owned horses previously. Green horses are fine with me. I have 7 years riding experience. Primarily western riding. PM me for more information :smiley:

I have a lovely made hunter mare (16.2 hands, easy) available for two to three days of work a week in Maryland, including one day of jumping up to 2’6. Facility has an indoor and no barn hours, making it a great opportunity for a working ammy. I can only get out to ride about two days a week and I’d love to get this mare a little more fit! Please pm me for more information.

Horseless Rider in Montgomery County, MD

Hi all! I’ve been out of the saddle for over a year now, since I moved down here and DC rent has put riding a bit out of my price range for the time being.:sigh:

So about me: I’ve been riding for almost 15 years, and taught beginner and intermediate hunter lessons while I was in college. I was confident and comfortable jumping up to 2’6"-3" (showed a bit in the local Ammies) when I last rode…I’m sure my eye is gone now, but it’ll come back with a bit of saddle time, haha. I’ve got a decent seat, nice soft hands, and am happy to spend as much time feeding treats and grooming as I am riding. :slight_smile:

I’m also admittedly a bit of a weenie, so right now I’d rather not ride any greenies or “problem” horses…I’d be really excited to give your horse some extra ride time and attention, but I’d prefer to emerge in one piece…no buckers, bolters, etc. Been there, done that…I think those days are over for me, at least for now.

I’m also short and fairly light…125 lbs, and I’m totally comfortable and experienced on mediums and larges.

Shoot me a PM if you think I might be a match! :smiley:

Barb who originally started this thread was looking for a gaited horse. There is an ad on craigslist for a 1/2 lease on a gaited peruvian mare. I don’t recall her full user ID to send her a PM…

I looked it up: it was BarbaraJ11