Unlimited access >

Riderless Horses and Horseless Riders--matchmaking service!

Horse available in so. central KY

Big TB gelding, has had lots of trail riding exp. but green as far as ring work/contact, down and round stuff goes. Ring, jumps available plus I’m willing to haul to local park for more trails.
I’m just to lazy to work 2 horses everyday!

Riderless horse in San Juan Capistrano, CA

horse available in Poolesville, MD

I have a really lovely, beautiful tobiano gelding in Poolesville, MD (Montgomery Co.) that could use another 2-3 days a week of saddle time. He is technically green but I really couldn’t say enough good things about his sweetness and his brain. 5 years old, 15.1/15.2h and fluffy enough for a taller rider (I’m 5’8). He is quiet and w/t/c with small jumps, super on trails and hacking out. He’s sweet and funny and oh so willing to please.

The barn is a fantastic, quiet place that has a lighted outdoor with jumps and no set hours. Some xc fences, access to trails. The barn owner, other boarders and myself are all very easy to get along with, fun and generous. If someone can commit to 2+ days a week, I’m happy to be flexible and offer up your choice of weekdays and 1 weekend day!

PM me for photos or videos or to talk specifics!

Opportunity for Horseless Rider Near Rochester, NY

I am looking for a part-leaser (terms negotiable) for my 7 year old 16.2 bay TB gelding. He is athletic and has a ton of potential, but he needs more work than I can manage with a full-time job, a cranky spouse and two teenagers doing non-horsey sports. He is at a small boarding stable with a great indoor arena; there is no resident trainer but there are CT, H/J and dressage trainers who come in regularly to give lessons. He is still fairly green and needs an experienced rider, but this could be a great opportunity for the right person, as I would be open to showing or other competitions. PM me for more details.

Riderless Horses for Intermediate or Better Rider - North of Atlanta, GA

Hello all,

This is my first post but I have been reading COTH for quite a while. I’m pregnant and unable to ride, as a result I have two horses that are just sitting and would LOVE to go back to work. They are both primarily English trained horses but you’re welcome to ride them in whatever discipline you wish. Would love to find free leases for them, especially to show homes.

1- 16.2hd APHA gelding. Trained through First Level Dressage, schooling some higher movements. Big mover, gorgeous gelding, has not spent much time out of the ring and can be a bit of a lookie loo but knows his job inside. Needs a confident rider with light hands. HATES having someone in his face. Scores in the high sixties.

2 - 17hd. (sticked) Andalusian X Gelding. Solid W/T/C under saddle, trail ridden alone or in groups, still a bit green, needs an experienced rider who will appreciate his willingness to work and his goofy personality. Big, and knows he’s big, so would not work well with an easily intimidated rider but has never been naughty under saddle. Beginning on leg yields when I stopped riding. Ground driven, lunged, etc.

Both boys have been on primitive pasture board for almost a year and are out of shape, lack muscling, etc. UTD on everything. Andalusian X must be in a daily grain situation while working, he’s too big to go without. The best situation would be a free lease, you choose a boarding situation convenient to you with the facilities you need, current boarding situation has small sloppy ring but it’s hard to get much work done there. Please ask questions if you have them! PMs are best as I may not be able to find my way back to this thread.

Tampa/Clearwater/St Pete

I’m moving to the Tampa/Clearwater/St Pete area and will have nothing to ride :frowning: Right now I’m riding 80s rider’s medium pony until we get him sold cross fingers Rode the NJ circuit for ten years and have been riding off and on as an adult since I moved to Orlando when I was 18. I’m 26 but only 5’3" so I fit ponies well :slight_smile:

Charlton, NY: 16.1 gelding looking for dressage job- no lease fee!

I have a 14 y/o gelding, big bodied 16.1 hh, TB (always mistaken for a Warmblood) who I would like to free-lease out to the right person. The potential candidate would not have to pay a lease-fee, just board, shoes, & routine vet-work (this is also negotiable to the right person). He is in Charlton, NY (Burnt Hills/Saratoga County) and I would prefer an on-farm lease but I would consider off-farm. E-mail me at karbocus@gmail.com if anyone is interested. I have had this horse since he was 5 years old and have taken excellent care of him. He is sound and up to date with everything.

Lovely Oldenburg Mare - CT/MA

I have an 8 yr old registered Oldenburg mare (by Contucci) who is available for a free lease. There is no fee to ride her but lessee would be responsible for board/farrier (she’s got great feet and goes barefoot!)/vet.

She is 15.3 3/4 with a permanent card but looks and ride much larger. She can take up a long-legged rider easily (right now a 5’9" girl is riding her and looks great), and with her huge stride she walks down the lines. Currently showing in adult eq and pre-greens, with the scope and athleticism to move up to the 3’6" with ease. She’s a beautiful mover - has won the hacks in very good company - and is an absolute sweetheart on the ground. Brave jump, honest and willing - always goes around the course with her ears up. She’s available on-farm in Marlborough, CT (indoor/lighted outdoor/ability to bring insured trainer onsite for lessons). Alternative locations are possible - would need to be local to me as I would still ride her 1-2 days a week.

This is a great opportunity to ride/show a top-of-the-line horse without a big investment. Finances and lack of time force me to find someone to ride her and share expenses. Terms negotiable - partial/full lease. PM for more info and photos.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/user/CaelaHorse#p/u/7/8C8di-fCSsQ

Horseless Rider near Hagerstown, MD or Mercersburg, PA

Hello!

I’m currently in between horses right now and don’t know when I’ll be able to shop again, so I figured I’d post here. I’m a junior and have been riding for a solid five years, and would love to get a few rides in this winter whether that be exercising at private farms or tuning up lesson horses. I’m very dedicated and can ride on the weekends and early mornings pretty much any day of the week. (Early morning meaning riding before 8am classes) I’m also not picky about weather, rings or lighting.

I have experience in hunters/jumpers, (3’) dressage and eventing. (to novice) My latest horse was a five year old OTTB, so I have experience with the green ones. I’m really more of a pony person though at 5’3 125lbs, and I find my enjoyment in tuning up/riding the bratty ones. I don’t mind hot or green horses in the 15h range or lower, but I’m not very comfortable riding lunatic beasts that are over 16 hands.

I have a dressage trainer in the area, so I’d like to get some lessons with her, (that I’d pay for) so your horse would get some free training as well! Please PM me if you’re interested. I could probably muster up some references if needed.

Also, I would be interested in a free lease at my current boarding barn if it were a good match. Thanks!

ponxjd

[QUOTE=Ty2003;4567501]
I have an 8 yr old registered Oldenburg mare (by Contucci) who is available for a free lease. There is no fee to ride her but lessee would be responsible for board/farrier (she’s got great feet and goes barefoot!)/vet.

She is 15.3 3/4 with a permanent card but looks and ride much larger. She can take up a long-legged rider easily (right now a 5’9" girl is riding her and looks great), and with her huge stride she walks down the lines. Currently showing in adult eq and pre-greens, with the scope and athleticism to move up to the 3’6" with ease. She’s a beautiful mover - has won the hacks in very good company - and is an absolute sweetheart on the ground. Brave jump, honest and willing - always goes around the course with her ears up. She’s available on-farm in Marlborough, CT (indoor/lighted outdoor/ability to bring insured trainer onsite for lessons). Alternative locations are possible - would need to be local to me as I would still ride her 1-2 days a week.

This is a great opportunity to ride/show a top-of-the-line horse without a big investment. Finances and lack of time force me to find someone to ride her and share expenses. Terms negotiable - partial/full lease. PM for more info and photos.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/user/CaelaHorse#p/u/7/8C8di-fCSsQ[/QUOTE]

You may have more luck with this post on the giveaways board than here.

“You may have more luck with this post on the giveaways board than here.”

Thanks, Amber_M; I thought so too. But for some reason the mods didn’t approve the post I submitted on the giveaways board (it never showed up after I submitted it). Not sure why - maybe because I mentioned sharing costs? I’m not making any money on it, but I know they are particular about how the giveaways are worded.

Riderless Horses near Athens, GA

Well, they’re not really riderless, but I am always open to some experienced help with my OTTB greenies. So, if you’re an intermediate/experienced rider near the Athens, GA area, feel free to contact me. My arena is currently under construction, so until February or so, must feel confident riding in a larger, unfenced space. Can ride in one of the pastures until you get to know them though.

Current horses:

5 y/o TB gelding, very willing attitude, just a green bean. About 15.3-16hh.

11 y/o TB gelding, needs a more experienced rider than the above gelding, someone with quiet hands, but effective. He requires a bump or two on your outside rein from time to time, but all together a very nice horse. Gorgeous movement, he’s my eventing prospect.

17 y/o TB gelding, easy horse. Would pack around a beginner, but I’m looking for someone who can maintain his training. He’s coming back after an injury, so light work at the moment to build him back up, but once he’s in shape, he can do it all.

Montgomery County, MD: Pony looking for rider

14.2 Heinz57 gelding looking for an intermediate/experienced rider in Montgomery County Maryland. Pony is located on private property off of 650, within 5 miles of Waredaca. Pony is not wide but takes up leg fairly well and does not mind a tall rider.

This pony is not suitable for a child undersaddle.

Incredibly sweet, in-your-pocket guy but has a few holes in training due to inconsistent riding. When in regular work he is lazy in the ring but has lots of go outside - or when playing games. Pony is very green with jumping - but willing. Snaps knees up quite nicely!

Ideal situation would be an lightweight adult who would like to work with pony and build a partnership. Once pony is fit and rider/pony get along, off-property trail rides/shows/lessons etc would all be possible.

Please contact me through e-mail: karesa@karesa.com

Working student/rider position available in Gainesville, FL

We have an opening for a full time or part time-working student/rider. Preferably someone in the area, we can work around your course schedule.

To read more about our program, please visit: http://sakurahillfarm.com/horses.php?HOID=94

For more information, feel free to email me at m.sakurahillfarm@gmail.com

I think you’re in the right place to post about your free lease, not in giveaways.

I have 3 horses for free lease too and this is where I would post. That’s what this thread is for.

ClosingTime, You have a PM.

[QUOTE=ClosingTime;4527963]
I have recently relocated from Virginia to Colorado, and after going 4 months w/o riding, I need to find some horses! I have shown up and down the east coast in the ponies as a junior and A/A’s after that, and continued to show during and after college. I am comfortable on all levels and types, and am small enough to school larges (and mediums in a pinch!) Although my background is in hunters, eq and jumpers, I pony clubbed to C2 as a teen and am well versed in basic dressage and diligent flatwork.

I’m open to any horses that need a person- for trails, flatwork, jumping, general exercise, etc… I am confident in my abilities and have excellent references if needed. Willing to drive within an hour of Denver. Thanks![/QUOTE]

harrisburg, pa… on farm leases

7 horses to choose from
bn/n/t-level eventers, competitive horses (fit for 25’s &40’s), pleasure trail (eng/western), even competitive trail class/cowboy challenges suitable…
just off rtr. 81 between exits 72&77
always someone to ride with … or not… ;
private family barn, quiet, open country/trails

Horseless in DC?

Paint jumper for half-lease. Loves to run and jump, very nimble. Barn goes to local/rated shows. Close to DC. Pls. PM for details.

Riderless Horse - San Luis Obispo, CA

I’ve got a sweet 11 year old warmblood that could use some more rides during the week than I can currently give him. I’m looking for someone 1-3 days during the week. Needs lower-level intermediate rider who isn’t intimidated by some spooking and knows how to make a lazy horse work. :smiley:
He’s spent most of his life in hunters/eq, but could do dressage. No jumping to start, but if things work out, this may be on the table. Not really a trail type, but if you’re up for it, and not faint of heart, more power to you. :lol:

Riderless horse in NH, near UNH

I have a 5 year old Arab cross, registered AWS that I intended to event, but he’s too spirited for me! He does w/t/c, lunges, long lines and was started over cross rails last summer. He’s sensitive and needs a quiet, confident ride, but settles down well with regular work. PM me for more details, photos, videos if you are interested.