Unlimited access >

Schooling breeches recs? Yes, another breeches thread

@Martina Mine don’t dig into my waist. The waistbands are very wide and lie flat on me. I will say I have a small waist and bigger hips/butt/thighs, I have a little “middle fluff” but it’s minimal compared to the booty/hips. The FR are definitely a little more flexible/have a little more wiggle room than my MD, but my MD are by no means tight or uncomfortable or digging.

1 Like

Welp, I just ordered two pair of the MD’s. Fingers crossed! Thank you!

1 Like

Do we have any thoughts on the Piper Fusion breeches? They seem like another tights-breeches-hybrid to try out and SP is having a sale.

I skipped to the end so I’m not sure if people have recommended the Tuffriders Minerva Equicool tights. I have had a pair for 3+ years, rode in them a tun and finally repurchased because the mesh pocket may wear out this year.

Honestly Tuffriders anything is fantastic. I love their corduroy style breeches. The only thing I dislike about all of their lines is the zipper pockets. They’re in a slightly awkward place and I tend to pop the zippers. They aren’t fancy but the brand gives a good bang for your buck.

I just ordered three pair of the Free Rides! Kinda excited about trying new breeches as I’m down to my last two pair of Kerritt full seats.

3 Likes

ok, THOSE are nice! Look good on you!

I’ve been buying the HR Farm (or whatever they’re called) on Amazon for under $50 for the full seats. Very comfortable, have ample pocket space, and run true to size. They’re silicone and the only thing I can say against them is the silicone does wear out fairly quickly. But then again, I was putting them in the drier. I still have the orginal pairs I bought a couple of years ago and they still look nice.

2 Likes

I received my Maya Delorez compression breeches. I am 5’1" and ~130#. I ordered the smalls. I have a small waist and quite large thighs.

Pros:

Sticky, without being too sticky.
Flattering.
Compressive/covering.
Love the pocket style, more like traditional breeches.

Cons:
A little thick - will be hot in sweltering summer heat/sun.
Even though I rolled them at the bottom, they kept making this little fold behind my knee which hurt after awhile (these aren’t my only breeches that do this).
Rise is just a liiiiitle high for super short/petite people.

Summary:

Very well styled and high quality breeches. A little thick.

6 Likes

I want to add one thing about the MD compression breeches fabric. I had on my beige ones last week, cut my pinky and dripped blood down the front of breeches. However, I didn’t notice the blood until 30 minutes later and thought “ugh, the stain is set”. :grimacing: I splashed some water on the blood and rubbed it around. Next time I looked the stain was gone. :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Good to know, that’s the next color I want to buy :joy:

2 Likes

It was really interesting. It almost repelled the matter and I thought “hope it does that with horse poop & mud” :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Sold! :joy:

1 Like

I found this brand last year and was skeptical because of the price. I love them. Two pairs I bought are a silky cotton blend, another pair is a heavier knit. They fit really well (very flattering) and the silicone has not worn off on any of mine. I have Pikeurs, Romfh and other high-end breeches too, and the HR Farm breeches are pretty nice compared to the more expensive brands. I wish they had more colors, though.

1 Like

Me too on the colors. I have a pair of tan, two of the navy (one has a hole), gray, black, and was able to score a dark red before they stopped making them.

Darn, missed out on the dark red. I bought navy, black, and gray.

How do you like the pull on MD breeches? I’m not a fan, but y’all have convinced me to give them a try from everyone’s feedback. I’ve always preferred zipper/ snap. I would think trying to pull your breeches back up ( say when you have to make a bathroom run) and are all sweaty during the summer would make it a pia? Does MD have the compression pants in a button/ zipper style ?

I believe they are only pull on style. I rode in mine last weekend when it was 85F and didn’t think them too hot or troublesome to pull back up after a potty break. The fabric is very nice.

1 Like

Honestly I thought I wouldn’t like pull on as much as a zipper/buttons situation, but I really like the pull on. It gives a nicer fit that’s more forgiving of different body types. I haven’t had any trouble pulling them on even while hot/sweaty.

I think MD only has pull on. FR has some button/zipper models but tbh I’m going to stick to their pull on styles in the future too.

1 Like

The pull-on breech game is pretty awesome. I always liked having the security of a belt and thought of Kerrits when I thought of pull on breeches, but there are some really good alternatives now. I’ve decided that the zipper fly is now something I will only inconvenience myself with on show days.

I’ve been eyeballing Free Ride for a bit now, so I’m glad people like them.

If you want something that will hold up to farm work, I can vouch for Sync Equestrian. I’ve beat the crap out of a few pairs of these and they still look like new when I pull them out of the wash. I do hay, I bush hog, I trip and fall over a lot. I’ve ripped holes in the knees of multiple pairs of Ariat Tri-factors in the time that I’ve owned these breeches. The material feels heavy but they are super breathable, and I’d describe the compression as moderate. I stretch the pockets out to their max pretty regularly and they haven’t gotten saggy on me yet. The stickiness is like 12/10, as in it is a little more than I want, BUT it hasn’t worn down at all. My tri factors get really smooth in areas that make a lot of contact with the saddle, and the Sync breeches have the same amount of stick across the whole surface area after all this time. The only problem I foresee people having is the length. I’m 5’10" and I think the length is perfect, so in reality they are probably a little long for most.
https://syncequestrian.com/

1 Like

I have been needing a new pair for a while now and I bought one of the Free Ride lux breeches in Charcoal. I LOVE it so much! It is thinner than what I am used to (piper breeches) but the feel, fit, and look are what have me wanting to get another pair.