Unlimited access >

Secret Santa 2021 is there a thread?

Count me in! I’m good with the $35 limit. I never knew how much to say in the past so I like one set dollar amount.

Started back into COTH recently and would love to join! :santa:

Literally just popped in to see if it was happening, I had so much fun picking things out last year, I’m definitely in!

I’m in! I haven’t been on the forum in quite a while but popped in to see about Secret Santa. Love the idea of a one tier price category.

Count me in !

I’ve somehow unpinned this thread. Can someone help me pin it again? I thought I did but no…

Mine keeps unpinning for some reason. In the list of topics, there’s a little pin next to this one. Click on that to turn the pin right side up again instead of upside down. Repeat as necessary.

1 Like

Well, now, the little pin isn’t next to this one. Sigh. It’s always been there before, just changing from pointing down (pinned) to pointing up (unpinned). Darned electronic gremlins.

1 Like

I’d like to try it! I need someone to help me create an alter though – the one time I tried (I needed some anonymous advice) I failed and gave up. But I did the horsie Secret Santa years ago on COTH and had a blast! The photos of my retired and now passed horse Poet enjoying the cookies from his Secret Santa are treasures.

2 Likes

yes, i tried to alter and could not, too.
How do you do that?

I have never made an alter but from what I am told you simply make a new account, using a different email.

you also are not required to have an alter. Some secret santas like to create one just to playfully tease and leave clues for their giftee, but many don’t.

And another option, if you want to be playful is to simply have someone else post your teases in the thread for you.

I got tired of the alter struggle on COTH, and last year, I just teased my giftee with short texts. Not overboard, I’m talking about 1 every week or two, and if she had shown the least sign of annoyance, I would have quit. But she enjoyed it, and we even discovered after all had arrived and my ID was revealed that she had had me the year before that. :slight_smile:

I’ve made alters for years on SS. Easy peasy. What kinds of issues are people experiencing?

About making alters…what if you only have one email address and really don’t wish to make another?

I made alters on other platforms. I never since used the alters / that email address for anything else and I’m running out of platforms! I sign up to COTH with that alternative email address and only use it for SS. You can make accounts on places like google, yahoo, and other platforms.

Then you do like was suggested above and ask someone else to post to your recipient for you.

Thank you choco-mare! I’d like to be in again. It’s such a fun holiday tradition. Thank you for doing this!

Yes, @ChocoMare, thanks for making SS 2021 a real possibility.

I keep checking back to see how many COTHers have responded. I’m hoping there are enough participants. And $35 is a nice amount.