Unlimited access >

Smartpak Shipping

I finally got my shipment yesterday. This is after they promised it would be there last Friday.

I’m just happy I finally received it.

really the question would be What Day did they ship the order as once it is in the shipper’s hands there is little to nothing they can do. It appears that all carriers are short staffed and/or working under unusual conditions (at least that is the fall back statement when attempting to recover guaranteed shipping costs which makes the recovery excluded )

Monday. They had upgraded it to overnight shipping.

1 Like

I’m sure it was possible but it wasn’t offered those as a solution. We’ve done those in the past. Either way, My issue was resolved and I will have extra on hand in case of future mishaps. Again, I have issues with Smartpak but the customer service rep was lovely and none of this was her fault.

2 Likes

I placed an order 7/8 and it just shipped. I have another order from 7/14 that hasn’t shipped yet. I’ve chatted them a few times to check as I need something from the 7/14 order for a show next weekend. They did send me a $10 gift card, but couldn’t commit to a ship date. I live 10 miles from their distribution center and typically get my orders in 48 hours, if not next day. They told me they are understaffed in their DC right now.

My auto-ship is scheduled for tomorrow. Yesterday I added a few items to ship with it. This thread has me curious to see if they will make it out tomorrow.

In my case, even when given plenty of time the add on stuff does not typically ship with the auto-ship. Heck, sometimes it even gets here before the auto-ship.
It is random on if the treats that are on auto-ship (bag of treats) with the supplements in SmartPaks will show up in the same box, on the same day or even on the same week.

1 Like

In my case, I almost never remember in time to add anything to my auto-ship in time so it is usually my own fault that I end up with 3 boxes for 3 consecutive days from SmarPak :laughing:

Earlier this month I did have a super long shipping delay. It seems like they are accounting for delays now because my order is not expected until 8/2, which seems crazy to me.

I received an email that my autoship order was delayed and gave me $10 off my next order of $50 or more for the inconvenience. I wish they’d just apply it to my next autoship. Luckily, nothing in the autoship is going to hurt my horse if she goes a few days without.

2 Likes

Billed 7/8 for my Coolstance autoship, but it didn’t ship until yesterday. Yeesh. I’d be seriously miffed if it were a joint supplement or something.

2 Likes

I got one order yesterday (Zephyrs Garden salve, Equiderma fly spray… I just moved my horse and BO doesn’t allow artificial sprays. She let me borrow her Zephrys Garden salve as the mare’s midline mare was getting eaten by tiny blackflies. That stuff actually works.) Ordered on July 8… so 13 days.

My order of flysheets just arrived; again, 13 days. A COTHer gave me a flysheet to use in the interim, but it was well-used, and the mare is gradually destroying it. Also it was very hot. We will see what happens with these. It would be nice to have a flysheet that works but doesn’t overheat her.

We will see what happens with the hock shields I ordered on 7/19. Hock sores are a thing, when a certain mare lives outside and insists on sleeping in the stone dust. Luckily I had one for the right hock already … and unlike in the past, she’s actually keeping it on. Sadly, I suspect this is because her hocks are arthritic enough now that she can’t do any wild moves to dislodge it. (And I have realized that I need a second pair… sigh.)

I am basically spending what I save per month on board twice over to get her kitted out for her new barn – but she’s thriving.

I thought of this thread today.
I received a text from Smartpak today telling me my autoship order had shipped.
I thought it was weird and scrolled back to the last text I got from them, I have not received a text telling me my order shipped in about a year. So random that they sent one today.

That’s exactly why I ordered my next jug of Hyaluronex from Chewy and not SmartPak. I want it to actually show up–if my horse is off it for more than a day I can feel a big difference in his comfort.

I ordered yesterday, and it shipped today :smile:

My auto ship of supplements is delayed this month. I was sent and email a few days after the email for processing the order. They did not give me a date for when the supplements will arrive. In the 20 years I have been using them, this is the first time my auto ship has been delayed for no reason.

2 Likes

I also have an order that was supposed to be here yesterday. I just got a text it will arrive next Tuesday. I am also looking elsewhere…I don’t mind if it takes a week to arrive, but I need to plan.

I guess I just wonder: why are they having problems now, and why so suddenly? I order from SmartPak a lot - at least once a month besides the usual Auto-ship supplements - and this is the first time I remember their service falling to pieces.

Yes, there’s a labor shortage, but there was a labor shortage a year ago, plus a lot of demand from people new to horses. Yes, there are supply chain issues, but their website is pretty clear about when something is out of stock, and when they expect it.

Both SmartPak and Dover Saddlery are fairly local to me (and I drive past the latter’s HQ and warehouse on the way to the barn.) SmartPak has had a better reputation for customer service. Does anyone know how Dover is doing in comparison, these days?

Update: My replacement shipment was sent overnight, was promised for Tuesday - arrived Wednesday[. .Just realized my autoship, billed 7/9/22 is also on its way, It was to arrive Friday, Hoping now for Monday.

Smartpak apologized for the errors and offered $10 off a future order.

I wonder if Smartpak would notice if I cancelled all of my autoships…

sure does not speak well of SmartPacks owners since 2019, Covetrus

Covetrus has a division whose sole purpose is inventory management, it is a service they offer

from their website

Storing and tracking inventory doesn’t have to be a headache. Inventory management solutions offered by Covetrus are designed to reduce mismanagement or inventory risk, so you have what you need, when you need it.

https://covetrus.com/customer-operations/

The takeover by Covetrus is undoubtedly part of the problem. Sounds like they’re more worried about warehouse workers stealing stuff than getting orders to customers in a timely way.

I feel like customer service at all companies has tanked lately. I have had recent issues with sellers that used to be quicker to ship and more responsive like SmartPak, Amazon, and Allivet. I am trying to get one more prescription order completed with Allivet so I can use my current rewards, and then I am trying Chewy. Amazon twice sent me the wrong item and I can’t seem to talk to a human about it. I also had a bad experience with DHL this week where they updated my tracking with a delivery exception citing new delivery instructions from me (nope!), then admitted in chat that the driver had just plain run out of time / decided he couldn’t be bothered. I don’t know what is going on (labor shortage, pandemic burnout, general descent into IDGAF) but it seems pretty widespread.

2 Likes