Unlimited access >

Smartpak Shipping

I’ll chip in from the shipping/receiving side of things. I’m in outdoor retail but not anything remotely horsey.

Demand for ship to home has skyrocketed, and with supply issues still plaguing certain distributors (though most are catching up), it’s a cluster. If it’s in the warehouse, the trucks can’t get it to the DC’s in the old timeframes due to demand. If it’s in the DC, it’s buried in pallets they don’t have the staff to get unpacked on time. If it’s in transit to the customer, UPS/FEDEX/USPS are so behind (and often also understaffed) that stuff gets shoved in the corner of their hub for days, or never makes it off the truck.

From a retailer perspective, there’s only so much we can do. We warn people that their items are still taking longer to arrive, we offer expedited shipping when possible, but if the item has left us to the carrier (UPS/USPS/etc) there’s literally nothing we can do. It’s up to the carrier now and a lot of them are understaffed and raking in massive profits - so they will remain understaffed until something changes.

3 Likes

We upgraded to these this year and have been pleased. We’re in temps up to 110 here in Texas now, so they’ve been pulled for the time being.

2 Likes

Just tried her in a Turtleneck and it fits very well. But the Schneiders ones were one of the options.

I just got the same $10 offer as my smartpaks are about to ship late for the third time in a row. I’ve moved up the date repeatedly and each time they manage to delay until I am out of supplements before the new strips arrive.

I switched to buckets from Valley Vet last August due to this exact same issue. I wish they would get their act together.

1 Like

This!

They have a good product that people like. They need to fix their problems.

Totally get that once it’s handed off the carrier there isn’t anything SmartPak (or whatever retailer) can do - in my experience with SP lately, it’s not the carrier’s fault. SP (and Farmvet too) are taking over a week to even get the packages to the carrier. Once the carrier (UPS in most cases for me) has the package there are no issues getting it on time (overnight if paid for overnight, or a few days if standard ground). I’m sure everyone is overwhelmed but it’s certainly frustrating to sign up for autoship, have money taken from my account, and have SP not even drop the package off (or have it picked up, whichever) to the carrier until AFTER it was supposed to arrive.

1 Like

I took a risk and ordered this week because I wanted to pick up a few of their house brand halters and wasn’t in a rush. Placed order midday yesterday… my order is packed, label created and has been scanned in/picked up by UPS 24 hrs later. Who knows how long it will take UPS to get it to me but I am very surprised after reading this thread!

Me, too. My order from the 18th still says it “has been received but not shipped yet”.

1 Like

Much to my surprise, my mare’s Smartpaks showed up today, a few days early. And this happened even though this was the first month they were delivered to my house instead of the former barn.

My horse’s Smartpaks showed up yesterday, right on time.

Just got an email that my order has shipped

They had exactly the saddle pad I wanted in the colors I wanted. Ordered them. Then came here and read this discussion - and sure enough, got an email today that shipping has been delayed. Not a good sign, according to the above.

I jinxed myself!

My next autoship order will be billed before the prior one shows up at my door. Granted, UPS has been fumbling around with the order since their receipt of it on the 22nd.

If anyone has an online source for Copra Coolstance, I’m all ears. Chewy has been out of stock for months now.**

1 Like

Here is their Where to Buy finder, enter your zip code and range, then call those supplies to see if they have stock

Well I went to check on my non autoship order that I placed earlier this month as I still haven’t received it yet. Turns out I placed the order two whole weeks ago and they haven’t shipped it yet! I tried to Live Chat and text with customer support but both options are unavailable (it’s 5:50PM in my time zone, CST) and there is a 20 min wait when calling. I have never had these issues before but when I’m dropping a couple hundred or more a month on their site, I would like to be able to contact someone. Super unhappy with all of this.

1 Like

For those timing things, my order arrived today. So 10 days from order to door for me.

1 Like

My order placed on Monday has just arrived on Thursday afternoon, and I’m on the West Coast. No autoship or supplements, just a bunch of halters and lead ropes. Super weird!

They have a warehouse in Las Vegas. Did it ship from there? I think all supplements ship from MA.

Oh, it must have, that makes sense! The return label does have the MA address but I literally do not know how it could have gotten here so from MA fast. Is that a new warehouse? Usually my orders take way longer.

I think they’ve had the LV warehouse for a few years. I checked my last tracking, but UPS wants me to log in to see where it was picked up from. From personal experience, you can make the return address say any address. Doesn’t have to match where it was shipped from.

1 Like