That's a twist

Potatoes, peeled and sliced thin, butter, salt and pepper, more butter in a cast iron pan. Cover with foil 30 min to cook and steam, roast uncovered until GBD, about 30 min.

1 Like

If you want us to believe you never knew of this forum before this thread okay I’ll let you have it.

2 Likes

I’ve got beans soaking for traditional Boston baked beans

2 Likes

Of course I knew about the CotH forums. I never had a reason to post on them, so I never created an account.

3 Likes

So with the other three threads about this exact topic you never had a reason? :lol::lol: Okay! I totally believe you…:no::no:

5 Likes

A friend of mine called my attention to this thread.

You believe whatever you need to. No skin off my back.

4 Likes

So what made you pull the trigger and jump in halfway through the 4th MB/LK thread as opposed to some other time?

It’s just a lot more likely that you’ve been on the forum for months or years, and just morphed into a new screen name 3 days ago, than your first post was Dec 21.

3 Likes

Was the “friend” your original screen name, who was looking for a kindred spirit to agree with her?

2 Likes

If this really is a new poster, how sad that what drew them to finally engage with the community was to slag a stranger on the internet who was literally shot by, again, an out of control dude.

I mean, I have no reason not to believe them, so definitely sad.

7 Likes

Ah, but I never said she was a stranger.

And yes, he was out of control. He should not have shot her. No one should have shot her. I’m just tired of seeing her painted as some kind of model citizen when she is not. Being shot doesn’t negate being a shitty human being.

21 Likes

No, but I’m not willing to point a finger at her so you’re welcome to believe that.

1 Like

Again, because a friend drew my attention to it.

1 Like

I can see that it would be more likely. That’s not what it is, but I can understand why people would assume that.

Goodness gracious.

Merry Christmas to all,
And to all a good night. 📯

2 Likes

I don’t do the potatoes or beans for the family thing, so does making pretty powerful bourbon pecans balls with the hope of mellowing out my MIL count?

Maybe I should mail a care package of them for everyone on this thread?:smiley:

8 Likes

You put in enough bourbon to physically mellow out a MIL, or just figuratively?

2 Likes

Welcome to the COTH Forums @GiveEmEl!!! The place where everyone is ganged up on and is required to justify their every word. Perhaps a new thread could be opened titled “Is GiveEmEl truthful or not”. I’m not sure why anyone feels the need to justify when or why they joined. I’ll venture a guess that you might not be as old as some of the older folks on this forum. Perhaps your friend mentioned the other huge, now closed thread and alerted you to this one, or who knows. Better yet, WHO CARES??? It looks like those who had something to say have grown tired of repeated questions and are now bashing a newby. Hate that.

Merry Christmas everyone, and keep posting GiveEmEl. You have every right to, just as @YankeeDuchess has every right to continue to ask old questions.

PEACE TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT![/

15 Likes

I suppose a subpoena would make a nice addition to the “worst xmas present” thread. It’s right up there with “irregular” panty hose. :smiley:

16 Likes

Yes! Thank you… Exactly. Such a simple concept! Unfortunate that others are attacked just bc they disagree with the ridiculous fabrications of those with an agenda. :slight_smile:

I guarantee you do not know me. I also guarantee you, yourself are not a “model citizen.” I think you’re tired of yourself. Otherwise, you’d not be here, laser focused on me.

1 Like