That's a twist

Several days ago and countless pages of you shut up no you shut up I wondered why anyone would seek out battles at seemingly every turn, especially with a load of strangers who should not matter a whit in her life. It appears I earned a notation in her log of people to be all stirred up about. It’s not remotely normal- maybe for a 14 YO? But this is a grown-ass woman. Whatever, it’s her complexion and her complex, her ‘battle.’ Weird.

In other news, I did correct the store clerk who told me that spaghetti squash turns into meat when you cook it. So I have that dramatic confrontation!!! to report.

27 Likes
    I believe this is LK’s parody of what you sound like to her. Note the references to “just speculating” and the accusations of hogging the limelight. 

It’s not a great parody, no. Perhaps you should dump on her for that. Oh, wait, multiple people already have!  

Are you so callous that you have never considered what it would feel like to be the target of this?

Of course you have. You must derive a sick pleasure from tormenting her, while taunting her that her torment of MB was the remote control cause of her own shooting.
4 Likes

If you bothered learning this bb’s history and culture you’d appreciate it.
Your loss.

Later today, after the sun is over the yardarm, I shall peruse the updates to this thread while sipping Spencer Trappist Quadrupel and nibbling smoked Gouda.

18 Likes

I think that the wine and dine posts happen when a poster realizes that they’ve pushed “post” on a nasty or stupid post too readily and have some regret. They are desperate to burnish their creds as having a bare minimum of humanity, but naturally cannot bring themselves to apologize or retract a post. That simply is not done. It would cause loss of (anonymous) face.

@Joanne
had a series of particularly slimy posts then pulled out some elaborate crystal stemware for her crisp white sparkling wine. Also refused to take responsibility for posts by sticking her nose in the air, gathering what shreds of dignity she could, and saying “I will not rise to the bait”. You lot seem to resort to that particular line often.

Henceforth, when someone retreats to the cutesy wine and dine section of the thread, I will interpret that poster as wishing to apologize for previously posted drivel, but being “not [human] enough” to admit it. Note use of square brackets inside a quote.

Henceforth, when someone flounces off saying.”I will not rise to the bait”, I will interpret that to mean, “I have no answer for that”, whether or not they flounce back with wine.

4 Likes

Sharing recipes is the equivalent of walking out of the room when somebody obnoxious shows up. Since you asked.

34 Likes

Indeed…lol

6 Likes

Why do I hear Sheldon’s voice when I read one poster?

Looks like we are going to be iced indoors by weather today. Ponies snug in their stalls. Anybody have some creative ideas for leftover turkey? Soup is already on. Holding out that we don’t lose power.

Good thing is we have some lovely wine and a variety of crystal stemmed and non-stemmed glasses to savour it, as it should be…slowly and with moderation ;).

9 Likes

Exactly.
So, I have an instant pot dinner planned, chicken quarters, potatoes, carrots and guacamole sauce…thanks to @BigMama1

6 Likes

Sure.

9 Likes

I found a wonderful recipe for leftover turkey. Sautee some onions and mushrooms together and remove from the pan. Then, make a roux with butter and flour, add some white wine and chicken stock to make a creamy sauce. Then, add the onions and mushrooms back in, along with seasoning, leftover turkey (shredded), and I like to add some parsley. It’s delicious.

Also pairs very well with a nice dry white.

10 Likes

Turkey soup is in the Instant Pot. Love my Instant Pot. Happy cooking.

6 Likes

Amazing. Thank you!!

4 Likes

Nope.

19 Likes

I know! I came back to look for the rib recipe and I find what seems like a couple of junk yard dogs barking at the fence.

19 Likes

I would think the equivalent of walking out of the room would be NOT POSTING.

Posting recipes is a way of not engaging in the topic of the thread, because you’ve posted something you regret or have been hammered by an obnoxious person, but you refuse to leave the room.

5 Likes

@initiate1987 And we shall call it “Turkey à la Twist.” :smiley:

16 Likes

Or it means that the thread is a dumpster fire and gotten to the point of being irrational and/or incomprehensible.

25 Likes

I’ve gone back and forth on an Instant Pot or similar device for awhile now, but I still haven’t decided if I want one or not.

6 Likes

Whoa, whoa, whoa, back that carriage up! Apple soup? Please tell me you have a recipe to share here.

9 Likes

BWHahaha

6 Likes