That's a twist

Of course they could simply delete the offending post and unless someone has quoted it the post is then gone. That is the reason some people will quote a post with a comment like “QFP”

2 Likes

I absolutely did NOT want one. Someone gave it to me as a gift. It Sat in the cupboard for months. One day, I decided to try it before I gave it away…OMG!!! Chicken is my favorite thing to cook in it, but I can make chili in under an hour, when I forgot to thaw the meat. It is a lifesaver, and I don’t know what I would do without it now.

13 Likes

Brilliant!

8 Likes

Wrong again

11 Likes

“Elaborate crystal stemware” is not a big deal. Anyone who ever had a grandma probably has a whole cupboard full of the stuff that they cannot bear to throw away, and cannot even give away as wedding presents to their daughters!

Gems vs. stems? Confused.

15 Likes

Something no one has remarked on is the purpose of MBs 911 calls. While he does refer to LK and RG in one as “squatters” in one, the reference to squatters was sort of offhand, and not the reason for the 911 call.

At the beginning of the call, MB says something about having clients who refuse to sign documents.

Who, aside from MB, calls 911 to deal with clients, or anyone, who refuses to sign documents?

LK has said that MB was trying to raise all sorts of fees. It does not surprise me at all that a BNT would attempt to further exploit a big bucks amateur client - I’ve been exploited or attempted exploited by several trainers, albeit at a much lower level.

If you as a BNT want to up the level of exploitation (financial, of course), it is not OK to put a gun to their head to force them to sign. And he didn’t.

But calling 911 because LK or LK and RG would not sign agreeing to higher fees? That is totally out of line. Sounds like heavy duty harassment to pressure them to sign. Sounds like bullying.

Doesn’t look to me that the dispute was about tenancy of the house, given that the flood damage had been repaired. Looks like the dispute was financial exploitation and possibly financial fraud.

There is a lot of financial exploitation of amateur clients of various degrees. That part is ultra plausible.

Put calling 911 because your well funded client won’t sign a piece of paper? Sounds nuts to me.

And however much you lot want/need to hate on LK, the exploited amateur rider in me has to give credit to an amateur client who, well, refused to be intimidated by a BNT who resorted to 911 to pressure her to pay EVEN MORE.

2 Likes

When I saw gems I had a mental image of someone pouring sparkling wine over a handful of loose cut sapphires, diamonds, rubies, emeralds. This thread is so off the rails on a crazy train that that is exactly what I thought was meant. It didn’t even occur to me that it might have been a typo for “stems”.

9 Likes

Love it!

6 Likes
 Junk yard dogs are guard dogs, and they’re good at what they do, no?
2 Likes

LK was parodying a post by Joanne, in which Joanne stopped bashing people momentarily in order to flounce offstage with a “a well chilled sparking white in crystal stemware”. No, it was not a great parody, but you wouldn’t get it if you hadn’t read the posts by Joanne, etc.

1 Like

Looks like our 18th century duchess is trying to force the whole thread onto the trolley headed for the Land of Make Believe.

In that case:

Henceforth, when an aspirational anachronistic noblewoman offers “analysis” of others’ personalities, psychology, or motives, I will interpret that poster as salivating over the guacamole and other food items mentioned by others.

Henceforth, when the same uses hyperbolic language to condemn others, I will interpret it to mean, “I am testy because my disdain for beverages not sealed with a plug of oak bark has brought me into contact with cork taint”.

24 Likes

Just for the record, guard dogs are generally well bred and trained.

Junk yard dogs on the other hand are of unknown lineage, are unsocialized, and often unpredictable.

On the topic of recipes, what are your favourite canine breeds, mixes, and/or rescues ?

14 Likes
 I wish to note that it is you lot who have expended trillions of electrons offering “analysis of [one] other[‘s] personality, psychology, or motives”, but then seem offended when you are the recipient. Save it. 

Did you miss my post having to do with the purported topic of the thread?
2 Likes

I understand that. I think they want to let the offensive post stand (deleting it would be admitting it was a regrettable post, and they’re not willing to admit it). They want to sort of balance out the nastiness with a veneer of “Oh, this is all in good fun. Let’s swap recipes and pretend we’re charming and clever.”

2 Likes

And henceforth, when pots call kettles black or would-be nobility engage in tit-for-tat, I shall interpret it as curiosity, tinged with a bit of jealousy, about the instant pot recipes discussed upthread.

28 Likes

So why not leave? We always come back to that one important question, don’t we? If the relationship had soured to the point of involving the police, what could be salvaged? Why stay? Did anyone think this would turn positive somehow? Honestly, I can’t imagine the circumstances I would have stayed in this situation if it was as bad as has been portrayed.

I actually use my mom’s Lismore Waterford crystal as well as my Gorham Buttercup sterling silver. Why not enjoy it like it was meant to be enjoyed.

I’m prepping black-eyed peas, collards, carrots, pork tenderloin, and a brown sugar pie for the big day Wednesday.

12 Likes

@YankeeDuchess Howabout you join the party and ante up with your very own Potatoes Anna recipe?? I will interpret any snarky remark in respect of this gesture of hospitality as meaning that you have no real idea as to what Potatoes Anna is outside of an Internet search. No other reason is plausible.

11 Likes
 Don’t you mean to accuse me of envy rather than jealousy?

It’s not that I’m curious. I have a sick fascination with you cowardly anonymous mean girls taunting and insulting and cyber bullying the victim of a shooting that nearly killed her. 

Yes, it’s a sick fascination. Yes, I probably need professional help (preempting that particular insult),

Aside from the nastiness, your posts are not even original, or clever or cute.
3 Likes

Who calls 911 for anything except for urgent situations requiring immediate assistance from fire, EMA or police? Yes, I know a lot of idiots actually waste 911 resources with frivolous, non emergency calls. Sounds like both parties here are guilty of this. Whether to create a legal trail or to intimidate the other side, who knows.

Some poster who claimed to have inside knowledge had stories of LK and her boyfriend tormenting MB and staff by screaming under their windows, coming into the barn late at night and not letting that sleep.

LaLa can you tell us if those stories are all fabricated?

6 Likes