That's a twist

I always thought that the murderer had to be someone the Akita knew, as I wouldn’t expect a dog like that to stand by while his mistress was being murdered by an “unknown” person.

8 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Portraying MB in your scenario as equivalent to an abused woman who took matters into her own hands would be laughable if it wasn’t such a disgusting insult to women who really are physically abused in such a serious way and get no help that their literal last option is to take matters into their own hands.

A nuisance tenant/boarder is no more responsible for being shot by her landlord/trainer than a provocatively dressed woman who dances closely all night with a man at a club is responsible for being raped at the end of the night by said man.

8 Likes

You might want to read my comment again. In NO WAY did I compare MB to the scenario I mentioned. I was indicating that all sorts of previous behavior can and will be admissible I would think by both parties.

12 Likes

And as this thread has mentioned so many times, NO ONE KNOWS THE ACTUAL FACTS on this forum (other than one person). I have no idea what the reason for the shooting was. I know we’ve been told by one person, but I will wait for collaboration before taking that as actual fact.

8 Likes

You compared this case to cases where abused women take matters into their own hands and are found not guilty. In those cases, there is a victim (the abused woman), and a perpetrator (the abuser). You stated that the MB/LK case is similar to this, indicating that either MB or LK is similar to the victim in your scenario. MB certainly did take matters into his own hands, but you say that you did not mean that? Are you saying that LK is similar to the victim in your example who took matters into her own hands? How did she do that? How can she be found not guilty if she is not the one going to trial? Is there someone else involved in this case who is the equivalent of the victim in your example of a comparable case?

6 Likes

I AM SAYING PREVIOUS BEHAVIOR CAN BE ENTERED BY EITHER PARTY TO SUBSTANTIATE THEIR CASE TO SHOW MENTAL STATE ON THE DAY OF AUGUST 7 OR EVEN THE WEEK PRECEEDING. FOR EXAMPLE: the previous behavior of an abuser toward his victim showing a pattern of behavior!!!

17 Likes

Just to be clear, YD never quoted me verbatim. She paraphrased me, and that, poorly, changing the meaning of what I said to suit her general shaming of anyone with a different opinion than her. Tra la.

17 Likes

Quoted (verbatim) in case anyone didn’t get the point, which the seem to keep not getting. Golly, what’s with these people turning other people’s words around!

Good job, GWE

15 Likes

It amazes me how many people are not taking this view. I think I posted on an earlier thread that I got off of jury duty one time when I said that I could not find someone guilty based strictly on the words of another party without any additional evidence.

5 Likes

Okay, now I see where the problem lies. You were using the word “similar” in the way that you understand it, which is not the way that it should be used. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

6 Likes

:lol::lol::lol:

3 Likes

Well sure that might be relevant, if we were talking about past behaviour involving MB, such as the months or years of torment that abuse victims typically suffer before snapping and defending themselves. And most abuse victims are very much in imminent physical danger, which is why such cases are typically seen as self defence.

But there is no suggestion MB was in imminent physical danger or was
being “abused” by LK for any significant length of time. The “bad behaviour” that other posters keep insisting might be a valid part of the defence involve other people, completely unrelated to MB, and mostly seem to revolve around her being a bey-otch or a drama queen. Annoying but hardly the stuff that justifies attempted murder.

You aren’t allowed to shoot someone because they are mean to you, or because they badmouth you, or make recordings of you, or refuse to leave your property, or file false claims with SS or CPS about you, or are generally a royal pain in the ass. It’s really not that complicated.

A lot of posters here have actually seemed to suggest that LK caused or at least somehow provoked the shooting when in fact shooting isn’t a reasonable nor predictable outcome of any of her alleged behaviour in most parts of the world.

5 Likes

Golly, what’s with these people turning their own words around when they are called out on the fact that the point they made was totally abhorrent, and instead of just admitting that they didn’t think the comparison through completely and yup, it was wrong, they pretend that they said something completely different than what they did say, even though what they did say is quoted for posterity!

There. Fixed it for you. You’re welcome.

8 Likes

Seek harder.

16 Likes

I believe she meant similar in that each case could show a pattern of behavior. Not that MB shooting LK is similar to an abuse victim shooting their abuser.

In LK/MB either side could be shown to have a pattern of behavior. LK has a history of being a bully. She has refused to leave a property before.
MB (according to LK) also has some sort of record of violence. I believe she mentioned some sort of physical altercation? I don’t have the energy to find the post or look it up.

Now, neither of those patterns of behavior justifies shooting someone. But either side could be used to persuade a jury to have trouble deciding who is the victim. (Ie-did LK bully MB and he snapped, or MB is a violent person who planned to shoot her then and there)

ETA: I’m on pain medication so I do apologize if that doesn’t make sense. My brain is fully of clouds.

14 Likes

[h=2]Definition of similar[/h] 1: having characteristics in common : strictly comparable
2: alike in substance or essentials : CORRESPONDINGno two animal habitats are exactly similar— W. H. Dowdeswell
3: not differing in shape but only in size or positionsimilar trianglessimilar polygons

She actually typed the words that the MB/LK case is SIMILAR to an abused woman shooting her abuser, and yet here you are saying she didn’t mean that. Based on the definition of the word “similar”, which I have copied and pasted above, her use of the word “similar” would mean to anyone who understands the meaning of the word “similar” that she thinks there are comparable and corresponding aspects of the subject case with respect to the example case. If she meant that there is no similarity between the MB/LK case and cases involving abused women who take justice into their own hands when it comes to their abusers, she should not have said that the MB/LK case is similar to cases in which abused women take matters into their own hands. It really shouldn’t take multiple pages on an internet forum to explain this to even one person, much less more than one, and yet here we are. Incredible.

5 Likes

I hope this is joke. Yet, it’s not really a joking a matter. Anyway, this a post I’m definitely quoting again posterity.

This is possibly the INSANE theory I have read so far. You must have missed my post about the events of that day. Clearly. But, go with that!

1 Like

What property have I refused to leave, before??? Or… EVER? You don’t get to perpetuate lies that you’ve made up in your head.

One more thing: Eggbutt must have forgotten she was using @GreenWithEnvy alter to argue the “similarity,” issue. Read below post to confirm. Interesting. Fascinating, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Yet, here we are multiple pages later. Interesting how others knews exactly what I meant but you want to continue on with it. UNCLE. You win. You get the last word. Move on, or we can continue. Your call.