Unlimited access >

The Tale of Gary Stu -

Internet gold, right here. I feel like Christmas came early this year!

6 Likes

Ugh, no reveal, please.

9 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

There was a knock on the door. “Come in,” muttered the Great Impresario of WEG, hard at work in orchestrating the events of the week. Scratching this, adding that. The usual.

The Wee Waif cautiously opened the door and quietly shut it behind him, tiptoeing silently until the Impresario dropped his pen.

“Ahhh…it is you. Well then…did you succeed in giving the Emperor…err sorry…the Maestro that is…his new clothes? The ‘majikal’ ones of course. Invisible properties and what not.”

The Wee Waif nodded.

“Then you have done well, Cricket, and earned your crust of bread.” The Great Impresario dropped several gold coins into the waif’s outstretched hand before returning to his work. The Waif scampered off as soundlessly as he had entered. “Things should get interesting soon,” thought Great Impresario of WEG as he nibbled on his pen.

12 Likes

I’d better wear my magical underwear.

4 Likes

Gary Stu is back!

2 Likes

The Plot Twist :astonished:

3 Likes

Yeah, let’s keep this pepperoni under wraps.

But do go on! This story’s getting good!

7 Likes

Nous brilliant writing sound as though they are the day and night dreams of our favorite pretender.

5 Likes

Don’t dis L’il Smoky.

4 Likes

:rofl: So much I could say but, being close to the holidays and such, I don’t want to be on Santa’s naughty list.

6 Likes

You guys are starting to look like a pack of Betty Rizzos.

You might have to explain the context on that one for me :thinking:

I’m waiting for Dee_Vee to come back with their particular story arc, as I’m not a fan of Harry Potter I can’t progress it on that line and as it would be the second time I would bring the tale back it seems a bit discourteous if others would like it to progress in that direction.

I am in agreement however that there shouldn’t be a “reveal”.

Character from Grease, played by Stockard Channing.

I wish no one would try to horn in on your story. If someone wants to write their own story, let them have at it.

3 Likes

Gary Stu, looked at the bathrobe again. “No”, he thought, “it is better that the audience see that I am untainted by the bribery of the bogvillers, I shall not wear this”.
Just then he spotted one of the sixteen editors of his second book, Off the Fourhands: How to Evaluate the Confirmation of the Dressage Horse, lurking nearby, he beckoned her over.
“Gary Stu, Maestro, how can I assist” she said breathlessly.
“Take this bathrobe to my favourite saddlers and get them to make it into new reins for Tortillas”.
Gary Stu heard awed whispers of “He really does ride with reins of silk!”

As Gary Stu made his way to the arena, the thought crossed his mind that he should read the test and directives before judging commenced but then he dismissed it as unnecessary. Entering the judges box he was unsurprised to find it packed with onlookers, ready to hang on to his every word……

16 Likes

Whatever you’re drinking, I want some.

5 Likes

I have no problem with someone else picking up the narrative, all I’d ask is if they have a story arc in mind they should be prepared to follow it through :grinning:

Well I know I am way too invested in this. I caught myself starting to Google “Off the Fourhands…”

1 Like

Does anyone else find it funny that silk is a particularly strong fiber? Frankly, I am pretty sure that Marilyn Little could use reins of silk the way she rides.

Back to the story Nous.

2 Likes