Unlimited access >

The Thoroughbred Company - Beware!

Because I’m a nerd who likes to reverse image search, I also noted that this photo:

http://thethoroughbredcompany.com/images/9da81db12013d29f6f4cd2e4eafa22d2.jpg

comes up on a site about Marcus Beerbaum (though the hits I’m getting are foreign and I can’t read them, and the one bringing up his name has red x’d a bunch of pics). Either way, it’s a copyrighted photo…

Well perhaps Sandra or Churchill Hunt Club, or Horsegirl1, or one of her alters will grave us with a “valid” excuse. They are always highly entertaining to read.
Maybe she acquired them when she was trying out for the Canadian Olympic team (even though she is an American). :confused:

[QUOTE=caffeinated;7239483]
Because I’m a nerd who likes to reverse image search, I also noted that this photo:

comes up on a site about Marcus Beerbaum (though the hits I’m getting are foreign and I can’t read them, and the one bringing up his name has red x’d a bunch of pics). Either way, it’s a copyrighted photo…[/QUOTE]

Looks like Meredith Michaels Beerbaum? I don’t think she has/had any TBs jumping at that level, and if she did I have a feeling she didn’t mail order them online…

[QUOTE=caffeinated;7239483]

comes up on a site about Marcus Beerbaum (though the hits I’m getting are foreign and I can’t read them, and the one bringing up his name has red x’d a bunch of pics). Either way, it’s a copyrighted photo…[/QUOTE]

I knew I recognized this photo but couldn’t figure out why…now I know!! Crap on a cracker, this woman crazytrain has pulled out and left the station…

[QUOTE=Carolinadreamin’;7239107]
I was going to ask if this was the same person who was using various, non-related photos of horses and riders that she has found on the Internet. Apparently, it is.[/QUOTE]

Actually, no, That was HeatHer up in Indiana using well known International stars (Remember Leslie over the water)on well known horses plus a Pony owned by a Cother intimating a personal connection

Perhaps HeatHer is Churchills new web designer? In the past CH has not featured other peoples horses on their website? There is an eerie similarity.

OK, so, apparently other people who have read this thread are now taking it upon themselves to harass the website/business owner repeatedly about her use of my picture.

As far as I am concerned, she took the picture down immediately when politely asked. That’s good enough for me.

If you have your own problems with her feel free to address those but there is no reason to harass her on my account.

My issue was resolved by one 30 second phonecall wherein I behaved like a sane person and asked nicely, and she was completely normal and polite in response. Perhaps consider employing that strategy instead.

[edit] I am glad to see she is not like some others that have come up on COTH who refuse to take a photo down that is not theirs to use.

Sandra goes around and solicits for free horses at the race tracks. So she basically has no idea what she is getting. Trainers are happy to get them out of their barn. Here comes a pour TB lover who gets stuck in her trap. I am glad to see the message is getting out there to Beware of this place.

She has the BBB logo on her front page and it’s linked to her “business” page on the BBB site. People with first hand experience in her dealings should just head over there and give her a appropriately low rating.

That is false advertising that an uneducated future TB owner/looker will see. She just joined in June 2013. Its been only 4 months as a member to BBB. I give her another 3 or 4 months and the complaints will start coming in.

Can we all take a minute to recognize how drool-worthy meupatdoes’ grey is? I would like to mail order ten of him.

Mail order…interesting…does that also mean there is a one price deal no matter how many you can fit in a box? I can see more than a couple crammed in a big box stall.

[QUOTE=Feeltheride;7240821]
That is false advertising that an uneducated future TB owner/looker will see. She just joined in June 2013. Its been only 4 months as a member to BBB. I give her another 3 or 4 months and the complaints will start coming in.[/QUOTE]

and then she will change her name again to avoid the negative publicity.

Her horses previously had no price listed. Her website still does not have prices but her listings on equinenow do (the first nine listed). They may be a tad bit overpriced perhaps…
http://www.equinenow.com/hunterkentucky.htm

Well, the equinenow videos are better then the last few bunches, that’s something. Don’t know that its worth another zero on the prices.

The link from there for more information is now thoroughbredathletes.com or something like that. Takes you to the same farm site.

So she has changed it in the last week since this thread from The Thoroughbred Company to Thoroughbred Athletes but the address is still http://thethoroughbredcompany.com/.
However I don’t see her getting those prices for those horses.

O.K. Dumb Question here. I did go to the website. Who does legally ‘own’ the papers for a registered JC TB?

[QUOTE=WB Mom;7252948]
O.K. Dumb Question here. I did go to the website. Who does legally ‘own’ the papers for a registered JC TB?[/QUOTE]

Whomever the owners prior, most probably the ones who raced him. It is not common practice when giving away or rehoming an OTTB to include Jockey Club papers just to make sure that that horse is never raced again.

So the statement on the website that all papers for JC TB’s are legally owned by the JC is not correct? Sorry for the questions, just have no idea on this!

[QUOTE=WB Mom;7253712]
So the statement on the website that all papers for JC TB’s are legally owned by the JC is not correct? Sorry for the questions, just have no idea on this![/QUOTE]

It is not correct. If that was the case than the JC would own all Thoroughbreds.