Unlimited access >

Thoroughbred Sport Horses aka Churchill Hunt Club aka many other names

Oh look it is another “random” poster lol coming to the defense of the “poor” Lattanzios bahahaha!!!
I bet it is one of the happy customers that posted on their Google page
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=thoroughbred+sport+horses&lrd=0x8842381867b8e677:0x320a489817c54a5f,1
Also I wonder if they are still at their fake “corporate office” address on Alexandria Drive. I am sure it’s all legit :lol:(insert sarcasm)

1 Like

[QUOTE=Lkegger;8204392]
I am very happy with the horse I purchased. No issues with them at all. I heard there is bad blood from year ago with some of you. If that’s true then maybe take it somewhere else.
I had a great experience working with them and would refer them to friends.:)[/QUOTE]

I don’t think its bad blood from a year ago. Its bad blood, period.

How could you refer friends to someone who’s entire business is a lie?

Also, why would we take it somewhere else? This is the perfect forum for discussing the scandal and misrepresentation that is woman. Who are you, the COTH police? lol.

Here’s the problem with these people, and why posters like you are entirely ignorant of what you are posting:

1 Like

[QUOTE=snaffle1987;8204985]
Sandra is back in CT, as far as I Know… at Westbrook.[/QUOTE]

Oh, do tell…

Okay, I’m a bit confused. What’s the difference between Jill Burnell, Geena Lattanzia, and Sandra? I am hearing things about three people, and now I’m confuzzled.

Geena is Sandra’s daughter.

Geena is Sandra’s daughter and is a “big time showjumper” :wink:
I think the only connection between Jill Burnell and the Lattanzios are that they are both frauds who pretend like they are legit horseman.

Geena is a jockey who doesn’t go by her real name in print, it’s always written as Geena Kelly.

[QUOTE=evntr5218;8208728]
Geena is Sandra’s daughter and is a “big time showjumper” :wink:
I think the only connection between Jill Burnell and the Lattanzios are that they are both frauds who pretend like they are legit horseman.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I just feel somehow dirty, knowing they, or at least Sandra, is in my old stomping ground. I didn’t have anything to do with Westbrook, but certainly showed there many times and sucked it up and under duress bought things at that tack shop. I just feel scummy coming from the same place as they hang their hats, is all…

As far as I know Sandra and her “massage therapist” husband are still in KY and renting a farm in KY. They occasionally post things on Facebook about how many “lucky” horses they have re-homed.

Geena was married to Andrew Kelly (?) who works thoroughbreds and rides h/j ? Both were riding for Jane Burt last year and Sandra and family took some of Jane’s horses to Florida, if I am not mistaken. Its a very long saga that is very hard to keep up with. yes, they are still doing their TB “rehoming” business in KY. According to their facebook page; they are rehoming as many as 10 a week. I hope they are going to decent places

OMG seriously now they have a Go Fund Me page! I am sure they are going to use it for shipping horses. Seriously!
http://www.gofundme.com/9hg8cdm5g8

OMG. Like there aren’t enough tracks, trainers and owners looking to dump or rehome in the local area. What racetrack management would contact her about taking horses they don’t own or manage in? She states the tracks are contacting her about taking horses but she can’t afford to ship them.

The GoFundMe page does not mention she is a business that already owns many horses and plans to sell for profit. They make themselves sound like a rescue…and looks like they’ve duped a few. Wonder if the donors know she’s a low end DEALER.

And instead of shipping more horses she needs to focus on the ones she has. Anyone driving past their farm can see that the horses are not in the best condition…
It kills me all the people who use Go Fund Me. I am not saying that there are not legit pages but so often anyone or their brother can go on there and ask for money.
I mean I would love a new pair of custom boots. Perhaps I should go on their and see how many people I can dupe with a fake cause!

Stop the presses - a horse dealer that is less than 100% forthright??

This operation looks hilarious and I do not condone bad advertising and/or business practices. And it’s always fun to mock people that have a well-earned bad reputation. However, unless they actually drug the horses to make them look sounder than they are (I haven’t seen this specific claim) a sketchy website would not deter me from buying a horse I really liked if the price was right. I don’t think this is much different than buying straight off the track from a trainer you don’t know - many of them don’t know a lot about their horses, and some even have poor syntax, grammar, and spelling skills. :slight_smile: And even excellent trainers that DO know their horses really well are often completely unaware of physical/soundness issues that may stand in the way of post-track training. Also, if that “exchange policy” is legit, that is better than you can get from most horse sellers/dealers.

Just offering an alternative perspective. I would definitely NOT recommend such an outfit to inexperienced horse/OTTB buyers, however.

Someone with more cajones than me should kinds link this thread in the comments section on her Go Fund Me page… :lol:

[QUOTE=visorvet;8248003]
Stop the presses - a horse dealer that is less than 100% forthright??

This operation looks hilarious and I do not condone bad advertising and/or business practices. And it’s always fun to mock people that have a well-earned bad reputation. However, unless they actually drug the horses to make them look sounder than they are (I haven’t seen this specific claim) a sketchy website would not deter me from buying a horse I really liked if the price was right. I don’t think this is much different than buying straight off the track from a trainer you don’t know - many of them don’t know a lot about their horses, and some even have poor syntax, grammar, and spelling skills. :slight_smile: And even excellent trainers that DO know their horses really well are often completely unaware of physical/soundness issues that may stand in the way of post-track training. Also, if that “exchange policy” is legit, that is better than you can get from most horse sellers/dealers.

Just offering an alternative perspective. I would definitely NOT recommend such an outfit to inexperienced horse/OTTB buyers, however.[/QUOTE]

Its not as much a sketchy website as the fact they have misrepresented horses, had some unusual PPE restrictions, skipped out on rent, been involved in legal actions, not kept up their property, used photos of other places instead of the actual place etc. plus locals know they don’t take any better care of the horses then whatever property they are actually working out of as opposed to some of the pictures on the website,

Leaving the detail she is aquiring cheap horses to flip ASAP off the GoFundMe page is business as usual. She’s not interested in dealing with you as an experienced buyer, she’s after the uninitiated who buy without trying or any experienced help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ETCRqm0R0

First ride off the track and first jump all in one day… Sounds LEGIT!

Nice rider…

findeight - totally get you and not in any way defending fraudulent or simply skeevy business practices. The practice of requiring PPEs to be performed by their own vet was particularly laughable, though I gather from an earlier comment here that they may have rejoined reality on that score.

jrw4477 - are you suggesting the claim is false (the horse has in fact been worked and jumped more than this single ride as stated) or that it is inappropriate to send an OTTB over a jump in its first ride? I disagree on both points - I don’t see anything unrealistic in the video and it’s not unusual for a good rider to be able to pop a TB over a small jump in the first post-track ride. A good experienced rider that knows TBs will give the horse confidence, and also read its responses well enough to know what is possible before even asking. So for me this is no damning indictment.

Let me be clear that the Lattanzio’s have a very, very long history of baggage behind them including taking money from an organization they helped to run; most of it is in New England where they originally lived. it does not take long to do some research.