Time to order Chronicle caps!

So far, 77 orders placed! (Yep, the Chronicle is definitely going to hate me…)

Assuming most people only ordered one hat, there should still be some left for the people who haven’t been able to order yet. And if the hats at Rolex didn’t sell out, those will be available as well.

I’ll try to get a progress report from Tricia on Monday, and find out when we’ll be getting the second shipment of hats, so those of you who wanted more than one will be able to order again. Hopefully we’ll also be able to set up Canadian/overseas order forms next week.

Thanks for everyone’s enthusiasm!

Did you not have an official paparazzi style ETBW there to record the scene to share with us?

Thank you!!!

OK. So I ordered the first day. I bought sight-unseen, because I TRUST my cyber-friends at COTH.

Which leaves me with just one question:

Have mine been mailed yet? How did you ship them? WHEN AM I GONNA GET MINE???

Oh. So OK. That was THREE questions. Can you tell I’m anxiously awaiting my cap and Katey’s??

I’m sorry Heidi, I really tried to get the info! Gofer bought a house yesterday and is moving today, so she’s rightfully a bit distracted.

We’ll get the information just as soon as possible, I promise. Perhaps we can line the hats with flannel to assuage the wounded Canadian pride?

Don’t get too mad at us… remember, we’re new to the hat business.

Gofer just happens to be, well, how do you say it, a HYBRID JRT. Don’t tell him I revealed his secret, but his mother, bless her little soul (who had 11 puppies in his litter!) may, just may, have had some “South of the Border” blood running through her veins. Gofer claims to be a full-blooded JRT, but sometimes I wonder because he seems to have a true affinity for Taco Bell.

How soon before we see one on eBay?

Beezer, the safest thing for you to do would be just to stay out there by the mailbox until the cap arrives

Taking candy from a baby is bad enough but taking the hat off her head, allowing her to get exposed to all those nasty UV rays of the sun and the possibility of getting skin cancer… TSH TSH

I’ll make certain to remind Jaime the next time I see her that someone from the great ‘North Country’ stole her hat. May you have 3’ of snow this weekend.

Well, Ok that was a bit too severe even for hat swiping! Maybe only 2"!! LOL

msj

Wow, ETBW, I should make you a BB Guide for your efforts.

Now can you dig up the old photos too??

And for the Canadians who missed it the first time around, you CAN order hats now! Email me for more info.

I just emailed Erin to the effect that if I got 2 hats (louise emailed me that she had “test driven” the order form, and it would only allow for one hat per person—hmmmm–maybe my alter(s) should order a few–jk), I would gladly send you one.

Nothing like kissing up to the Queen(and future MIL)–Erin will validate that I did so…

now everyone promise not to whine at Erin or Gofer about how fast that they are delivered

a) they got them ready in record time

b) they are not charging us a delivery fee

Nope, we should still have lots left. At last count, there had been about 55 orders. Assuming not everyone was a HAT HOG and didn’t order 10 hats, there should still be plenty left. And more hats are coming – if you place an order, we’ll make sure to get you a hat.

Heidi and Jair… don’t make me turn a hose on you two.

Go straight North, pass Niagara Falls by 60 miles and stop. Toronto is outside the window

(One can tell reliably that you are there due to the sparkling clean streets with the flower boxes down the center and the fluffy black squirrels EVERYWHERE)

“Better you as babysitter for my precious Sumo than LearningtoLevitateJumpTheMaggotOolaBoola.”

What are you trying to say? That I am a bad influence on Sumokinns? Sorry heidi, but sumo already loves me. He has asked for me to live with him when you and Hansthing go away on trips. He even asked me to be his big sister, because i’m the only one who will gladly clean up his diapers if he eats my broccoli and tofu for me. And I clean tack, do laundry, babysit, do the dishes, walk the dog, give daily massages and bring my dear mommy breakfast in bed. But since Kelly is now your oh-so perfect daughter-to-be ( ) I will take my services elsewhere to someone who appreciates them! Watch your back when walking around at bolton heidi, I wouldn’t want anyone to accidentally run you over with their horse or anything like that…

So anyone wanna adopt a daughter?

READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE ORDERING A HAT!

We have 150 hats available in this first batch. Please be considerate of your fellow BBers who aren’t online all day, and just order one hat to start with. We have more hats on the way, and since shipping is included, it won’t cost any more to place two orders.

I have not seen the hats, and I don’t know what they look like. If you want to see a picture before you order, don’t order yet. We’ll have pictures, and more hats, soon.

If you are outside the U.S.… I’m sorry, but I’m going to suggest that you not order a hat right away. I was not able to get a definitive answer yesterday about shipping costs to Canada and overseas, and the Chronicle doesn’t want to take your order without being able to give you an accurate total cost.

If you Canadians/foreigners are desperate for a hat right away, I’d suggest calling the office and speaking to Theresa, the receptionist, who can probably work something out for you. (Call 540-687-6341.) You can also take your chances and fill out the online form – I’m sure the shipping cost will be reasonable, but I stress again that we have not decided what it will be.

Again, here are your hat choices:

A) A stonewashed hunter green hat with a tan suede bill for those who enjoy a two-tone look.

B) A solid-colored khaki hat of cotton twill, for those who want a traditional, cooler summer hat.

The Chronicle logo is embroidered on the front. The green hats have tan embroidery, and the khaki hats have green embroidery, from what I understand.

Cost is $15 apiece, and shipping is included within the U.S.

And now, without further ado, is the URL to order your hats

https://www.securehosting.com/SecureForms/sh101005/ushatform.html

Enjoy, and please say a big THANK YOU to the Chronicle and to Gofer for doing this.

If you encounter any problems with the form, let me know. You should receive a confirmation email when your order has been placed.

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 27, 2001 at 12:33 PM.]

oh ETBW beat me to it

as I recall, Erin promised us pictures long ago

surely Erin is not going back on a promise!

Poor havaklu is stuck behind a firewall…

If that happens to anyone else, you can call the Chronicle directly at 540-687-6341, or fax an order to 540-687-3937. Address faxes to Gloria Broy. If you call, Theresa the receptionist can probably help you.

Hat update!

Orders will start shipping out tomorrow via first class mail. (Which means you’ll get them faster than your Chronicles! )

Gofer says she will try to get a hat photo tomorrow. They’re busy with post-Kentucky madness in Middleburg today.

I will try to get forms for Canadian/overseas BBers online by the end of the week, once someone finally tells me what the shipping costs will be.

And for those of you who called the Chronicle or visited the Rolex booth and asked for Gofer (ahem… that would be ETBW and Portia!), here’s who would have responded…

[This message was edited by Erin on May. 01, 2001 at 04:02 PM.]

Dearest Heidi,

Move South!

Sincerely,

Alan Greenspan, Ruler of the Universe and All Things Beyond