Unlimited access >

Username has changed since forum update

@Where_sMyWhite I will check in with them about getting characters in usernames fixed too. Thanks!

1 Like

Mod 1, thank you for the hard work. I suspect it will take a while to fix the problems and it will certainly take this old dog a while to adjust to the changes – but I will!

Please add my name to the list. I posted on another thread that I am among those with the mystery 1 added to their user names. I cannot access my normal PeteyPie account.

For what it’s worth, I logged out yesterday and logged in a short time ago on the forum site. I notice that the main magazine page has me logged in when I do that, with my real-life name listed in the upper left corner (as it used to do).

Also, a while ago (months? over a year?) I tried to change my email but I notice I still have to use my original email which is still listed. Your explanation that the forum and the magazine can allow different emails may explain the problem I’m having. I would like to have the same email account for both.

Another thing: should I log on to the main page or the forum page? Will it matter once this is fixed?

Okay, I figured out how to log in under my old name. This is definitely an issue with having two email accounts listed. For some reason, when I tried to change my email account a while back, it seems that it kept the old one AND the new one because on the main (magazine) page I can log in under email#1 and email#2, and on the forum I can log in under the name PeteyPie.

What is happening now is that if I log in to the forum under PeteyPie, the forum turns me into PeteyPie1, a new user, and it shows me to be logged in on the main magazine page under my actual real-life name linked to email#1.

I’m including this information in case it is helpful to resolve my alter ego situation.

2 Likes

Add me to the list of no access to my history and an altered username. I don’t believe I’ve ever changed my email.

I’d like access to current events please

Thanks, Mod1 and developers! I feel back to normal (and anything that gets closer to back to normal is a really good thing :wink:). Errant numbers are gone and I can get back to Current Events)

1 Like

The developers said they fixed everyone’s account in this thread and they’re working on merging remaining accounts with the issue and fixing the issue going forward.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

4 Likes

Thank you Mod, for fixing my name!!

1 Like

Yup. My old name/avatar have returned. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for fixing…yay!

1 Like

@Moderator_1

What I continue to be amazed about is how responsive you and the dev team have been to listening, researching, working on and fixing problems on a bulletin board that, for many of us is an integral part of life, but for COTH I suspect primarily a platform to help sell ads and keep a bunch of horse loving nuts happy.

TY :star_struck:

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

The development team has been really great in taking feedback during beta testing. There were still some things on our wish list we’d have liked to have implemented before we went live, but getting the new site up and hosting ads again did become a priority in recent weeks. The poor advertising department hasn’t been able to run ads on the Forums since, I think, like June!

They’re still very receptive to suggested tweaks and fixes, so I keep on passing them on to them.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Looks like I’m back to being me again!

2 Likes

Did they make us any taller?:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hope not at least on my end - I have my current rides because of my size, would hate to not fit them anymore! :smile:

If I’m not already on the list to be fixed, could I get added? Thanks!

1 Like

Bu Bluey, some of us might not want to be any taller! :rofl:

@Moderator_1, thanks for the revival!

1 Like

@Moderator_1 Is this issue considered completely resolved or is the fix still in progress?

As you can see I still have the extraneous 1 and I’m wondering if it’s because I don’t fall into the multiple login for The Chronicle vs the forums cause (I only have a forum login) that was explained in the huge issues thread. Both usernames were created with the same email.

I may not be the only one in this situation.

They are still working on the issue. I was told I’ll receive an update on Monday morning!

3 Likes

I am another one who has suffered the “1” thing at the end of my username :frowning:

2 Likes

My user name has the underscores where spaces and an apostrophe used to be. (I used to be Horsegirl’s Mom).

My techie daughter told me spaces and apostrophes are not supported in some coding languages.

Not sure if this will be fixed or if I should create a new user name??