Unlimited access >

Waps horses ran through Sugarcreek Auction?

I really, truly hope I’ve been told wrong and the horses have not shipped. If they are still around and get ran through the auction at least they have a chance at a soft landing.

Doesn’t the sale start at 11 with horses starting around 1 or 2? Do you know if he went through and if so what the outcome was?

2 Likes

I bred Waps Mionshine. I am trying to get more information in order that I might try and get him back before he hits Mexico. If anybody has any information at all, please call me or text me at 713-557-4277.

12 Likes

There is a rescue that pulls horses from Sugarcreek auction. it is Animal Angels maybe they can help or know someone who can. I am not on Facebook. www.animalsangels.org/contact also http://www.animalsangels.org/investi…on-ohio-4-1-16

Good Luck @Sonesta !!!

My god…these were horses i would have given my eye teeth to have owned. Please let me know if any are still available.

1 Like

Same

Below is a link to Animals Angels that contains a link to the slaughter hose website. It is in french maybe someone can translate the contact info or ‘chevals’ info?

http://www.animalsangels.org/investi…-17-15-6-18-15

Found it in english, www.vianderichelieu.com/contact.php

I just saw a post on FB that leads me to believe they are still alive and available. I am trying to confirm and will post contact info here if that is in fact the case. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

The surviving horses are the young ones, they are priced at around $650. Can be purchased by contacting Ashley Smart. This is your chance! 276-579-4215
Rugbycreeksporthorses.com

1 Like

Sonesta, try contacting Julie Copper from Copper Horse Crusade on Facebook. Her phone number should be on there. I have the contact information for a kill buyer/trader that was there and bought some foals if you want me to pm you that information. He may know something.

1 Like

Even if the horses were sold direct to a kill buyer, chances are they are still alive and waiting in holding pens until the buyer has a full load.

3 Likes

Waps Bentley is dead. Waps Moonshine is alive and his new owner is enroute to purchase him from the kill buyer as we speak.

13 Likes

Who sent these horses directly to slaughter?

Are these offspring of JG Apploosa sport horses? I thought she passed away a long time ago?

Why would a stallion like Waps Bentley get sent to slaighter? couldn’t these horses be run through an auction like New Holland or Cranbury and bring at least a little bit of money? The Waps horses are nice horses

Update??? Please? What a tragic turn of events. :frowning:

1 Like

I have passed along everything I know All the horses that are alive are now safe in the possession of rescuers. There are a lot of them and they all look good

12 Likes

Awesome!!

Amazing. Thanks for sharing the update laurie. Hope to hear more good news as (if) it becomes available. What a tragic situation. Did Waps Bently die previous to this or did he ship? What about any others?

1 Like

There are four foals they are negotiating with the kill buyer to purchase. They are the only ones not safe I believe but should be soon. They are skinny and wormy but the rest looks good. All I know Is someone named Susan is responsible for this predicament.

3 Likes

I didn’t want to “like” this post, but I suspect, depending upon individual state law, that you are likely correct

3 Likes

This is just awful. :cry: I can remember the ads for the Waps stallions in the magazines, and the generations that were bred. They were really nice, user friendly, doing horses. I sincerely hope that Bentley didn’t go to slaughter. It is great to hear that folks have stepped up to help who they can! :yes:

2 Likes