Way off course- NYC

I am still in the office. Can’t believe the twin towers are both gone. Thanks to all BBers who keep sending me emails – it is helping tremendously to communicate this way while I can’t make phone calls. You guys are the greatest.

Totally agree…There are crisis management/counselors available to you. Do not consider it a weakness in any way, shape, or form, to avail yourself any help out there.

Dear Lord, I cannot imagine what this workd is coming to…

8 planes hijacked, some still in the air, and one being hunted by F-16 fighter planes. Not sure if it’s hysteria or truth.

My father and brother are both on the rescue squad in St. Mary’s County, Maryland. My uncle is on the fire department. My mom has three search and rescue dogs (they are approved for local SAR use, but not FEMA). Any one of them would have been in those buildings in a flash to help out and could very easily have been among the missing if they lived in New York. They are much braver than I could ever be and I am so thankful that there are people like the brave heros in New York who are willing to risk their lives for strangers.

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

please say a pray. ABC news is saying there is a third plane to worry about

Please let it stop!!! Keep praying!

All of you guys in DC, please be check in.

I’m sorryCan you tell me more about where the Stuuyvesant HS rumor came from? I went there and recall the 1993 bombing very clearly, we felt it in the building. I’m sure they were evacuated… I hope. God, now I’m going to cry.

Peter Jennings is reporting that the capitol, state department and white house is being evacuated. They aren’t positive on what happened at the pentagon. But ALL aircraft is grounded in the US.

If Dressage is a Symphony… Eventing is Rock & Roll!

They cancelled classes at my college and are setting up support groups

We’re a good 6 hours away from the city

~Nikki and Ethan~

*Whoever said money can’t buy you happiness, never owned a horse : ) *

They just said it was a THIRD plane that just crashed into and took down the south tower

One report I heard several times states that there was a 911 call that came in from a passenger in one of the planes’ bathrooms… a passenger that stated they were hijacked. Not sure if it was one of the WTC planes or the one that crashed in PA.

Add 150 people to the death toll (the number contained in both AA flights that hit the WTC).

There is not a sentence that can be written that does justice to the pain, sorrow, shock and grief that we, as a nation, will feel in some way for a very long time. Bush called these people cowards. That doesn’t begin to cover how low of a being they are.

I am ashamed to say that when I heard about the first plane crashing into the wtc, I, and the media, stil at that point thought it was a small plane. And it barely affected me. However when it was made known that the first and then second plane was a commercial jet, I was overcome. Those flights targeted were bound to LA. A city I left only a year ago, and have been on those flights before. I can’t say if anyone I know was on those flights.

The people lost cannot be worth whatever end these madmen were after.

We don’t yet know who was lost, but this is something to consider. The big name celebrities will come first, but everyone lost was a celebrity to their circle of friends and families.

Please if you haven’t already, contact your nearest and dearest and tell them what they mean to you. You never know when the breath you take might be your last.

~Emily

Locally, I don’t know if I could get to my horse if I wanted to… she’s stabled on teh Air Force base and they have basically shut down.

Perhaps this seems trivial, but my sister just posed this question (we just watched that building collapse too, Portia): how are they going to clean that place up?

~*~
See What Mood I’m In at iMood.com!
My parents keep asking how school was. It’s like saying, “How was that drive-by shooting?” You don’t care how it was, you’re lucky to get out alive.

CNN just reported that a second plane is hijacked and headed towards Washington.

My dad works for New York magazine, which (thank god) is in midtown Manhattan. One of the editors, though, has a friend who’s a pastry chef at the restaurant at Windows on the World. She was supposed to work this morning. Since the restaurant is on one of the top floors, he’s not holding out much hope for her. How horribly sad. I wonder if the exec chef, Michael Lomonaco (sp?), was there.

I heard George Stephanopoulos say he heard from a man in the first tower who was above the crash site and made it down. Perhaps there’s hope after all. On ABC, they reported that the NYC morgue has only eight bodies so far.

My prayers for everyone in a city. Please leave NOW and go hug your horses or something.
So sad that people do so much killing in the name of GOD…

Ride it Like You Stole It…