Unlimited access >

What's the deal with "unapproved" posts?

Been on and off being able to post all week. I’m sure the webmaster is tired of getting messages from me but I’m tired of unapproved posts. I really wish someone would tell me why it’s happening to me.

@Dawn J-L and @js The tech folk have disabled the Korean spam filter they set up to filter posts to see if that’s somehow catching your posts.

js, I’m wondering if your location “Shangri-LA” might be confusing the filter. Could you please try to post without changing anything? If it’s fixed, we can turn the filter back on and change your location.

Dawn J-L, I don’t know if your hyphenated name might be triggering something, but could you try to post again, and if it goes through with the filter turned off, we can diagnose what might be triggering it.

Thanks!

Test post

Test post number 2

Still unapproved

Still not able to post

let’s see if this post makes it through the filter…

Since my last message (and presumably this one) also got caught in the unapproved limbo, the spam filer was not the issue.

Once again, worked for a day or two, now it doesn’t. This is a weekly thing for me now, approved, unapproved. No answer as to why.

Mine has become a weekly thing with unapproved posts. No answer as to why, it just a permanent way of life for me know when I am on COTH. Sometimes the posts don’t even show up.

It appears I’ve also been caught again. I tried continuing a mod/me chat from the last time this happened but it looks like even that got eaten :frowning: Hoping a mod can help me out again, please? The unapproved post was in Around The Farm. Thank you!

I’ve just had my first “unapproved” post. What gives?

The filters may have been tightened again, we had so much spam lately?

I too had one with a harmless link “unapproved” today.

The Moderator goes thru those and approves them and they will show up then.
Mine already did.

Haven’t heard anything further from the tech folks on this issue. For those with the occasional single post that is not approved, that’s a case of something innocuous in your post triggering one of the site’s spam filters.

There are maybe half a dozen users who are consistently getting quarantined for no discernible reason. We’re working to figure out why that is.

Sincere apologies for the trouble!

1 Like

I believe I will get the prize for most unapproved posts, as I am once again unapproved.

Would using a secure line VPN cause it?

I found that if I post an article with imbedded links, it will be unapproved. I discovered this yesterday when I posted excerpts from an article that had 5 or 6 imbedded links associated with “FBI.” Once I removed them, the post went through. A side affect is that it seems a bit later, the “unapproved” post finally appeared, so now I need to go back and delete 2 of the 3 posts.

Very few if any of my unapproved posts had links of any kind.

This post when through without being approved, didn’t it? So strange.

@kathy s. Yes, a bunch of links will trigger one of the spam filters. We will approve the post next time we check the moderation queue. There are a few users who are having all posts, regardless of content, sent to quarantine. Some of them consistently, others sporadically.

Actually I did have one go thru with a link this morning, so approved/unapproved seems random, though I’m guessing it is not as random as one would think. What ever the case, I’m learning to live with it.

Worked great all morning till just now