Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

And on FB our real names show.

3 Likes

My time is split mostly evenly between this thread and watching the Keeneland yearlings…

1 Like

Ah. The thing I thought was potentially reasonable was interpreting someone’s public post about a personal firearm arsenal and history of volatile behavior directed at you as a very low probability, high consequence risk to your health or life.

From there I think individual variation takes over, and I think a majority of people, regardless of what side of the border they’re on, would not elect to arm themselves with a gun for the purpose of engaging with someone they view as potentially violent. Low probability high consequence risk seems to be handled very differently by different people, and while I could imagine bringing a gun as one possible response to that risk, it’s not a decision I think is particularly reasonable or common regardless of national culture.

Think about it this way. I wear a riding helmet not because I plan to become a lawn dart on any given day, but because there is a very low probability risk that any given ride could result in a devastating TBI. I still choose to ride, because riding is sufficiently important to me to engage with that risk, but I mitigate it to the extent that I’m able with the helmet. My brother in law will never, ever ride a horse due to a lower motivation to ride, and a stronger aversion to the possible negative consequence. My uncle thinks riding helmets are for sissies (his words) and his unconscious risk mitigation takes the form of riding quiet stock types in relatively tranquil environments and not being willing to touch a hot mare with a ten foot pole. Different approaches to the same confoundingly improbable risk.

Reactions to a low probability risk of armed conflict will vary based on individual personalities and priorities and fears, and those are very hard to do the calculus on, especially in a situation like this where so little is known. I believe a majority of people the world over, including in the US, would probably generally not arm themselves and engage with someone they thought was unhinged and possibly armed – self preservation is a pretty strong, universal drive. But does decision-making change if you think there’s a 1% chance of harm, vs. a 0.0001% chance? Or if your motivation for face-to-face interaction is a tenant issue vs. something you perceive (rightly or wrongly) as an immediate threat to your family? There is some set of people in some set of circumstances who will bring a gun and go over, just like I wear a riding helmet and mount up. I don’t think US Americans make up the majority of that set of hypothetical actors who would react to risk that way, necessarily, because national culture is just one, fairly abstruse component that competes with things like personality and fear and purpose in conditioning a reaction.

I can’t think of a single soul who’d think bringing a gun “just in case” in this kind of situation is smart. Maybe one person I can think of would maybe consider it. Honestly. I think this could veer very easily into politics, but for several reasons most of the people I know in the US have considerable respect for the destructive power of a high velocity projectile and do not take firearms lightly.

The facts that are out there are consistent with either villainous intent or fear-driven reaction to a certain type of risk. Regardless of one’s perspective, I think it’s smarter to remain agnostic about that until more is known. But it’s your prerogative to form your own opinions.

3 Likes

There is SO much more to this story then your made aware of by a “self made victim”. The only victims in this case are MB, MH, and their employees on the farm. Trust me when I say you have no idea the havoc this woman caused for these people. LK takes no responsibility for her actions, she never will. I can honestly say she is insane she pushes and pushes and pushes and literally drives one off their rocker. LK reiterates her damsel in distress victim claim but it is nothing like that she is the Villian. MB took the wrong approach by shooting and We are happy she survived… However this man felt threatened and scared on his own farm. If you could hear the tone in his voice via speaking with me (a stranger) a week prior to this shooting. He was begging and pleading for help. He sounded like he was ready to cry while telling me the horrific things that were happening on his farm. Mary was just as frightened by this lunatics behavior pattern. I know from 4 years of horrific abuse by this girl that she is relentless and will drive you insane . There was one day when Carmen and his friend went to a ball game that I completely lost it on her and replied to her many harassing messages I advised the detective and attorney how she pushes you until it physically causes you pain and mental anguish

5 Likes

I agree. No one deserves to get shot.

Well I take that back. Hitler deserved to be shot.

But LK? No.

3 Likes

I know quite a lot about what was going on at MB’s farm. As I spend a lot of time both in the ring and in the tack room, I hear and see everything. So ask away! I know it all !!!

5 Likes

Who are you?

3 Likes

I am The Blue Saddle !!!

2 Likes

Oh more house guests makes popcorn

23 Likes

So what happened the day LK got shot? Were you there? Inquiring minds would like to know. Please tell us what you know.

2 Likes

Is there an eyeroll emoji? Asking for a friend.

10 Likes

Wasn’t there some ancient COTH train wreck about a blue saddle?

12 Likes

Ok. I had heard that LK hardly ever showed up for her lessons and hardly ever rode her horses. Yet somehow expected to advance her riding skills and get great scores on JT. How accurate is that?

2 Likes

Start at the beginning and tell the tale. We’ve got the popcorn!

8 Likes

I concur. It’s another blue dress/gold dress scenario. And nobody is likely to have a change of view.

Plus there was the story a few pages back about the roommate who just had to show her gun to the wacky departing roommate to solve all the problems. So it’s possible there was that expectation from one of the parties involved here.

But again, it’s all conjecture at this point.

5 Likes

: rolleyes :
Without the spaces.
:rolleyes:

3 Likes

Blue Saddle??? Where did you go??? We wanna know what you know. Please tell us.

2 Likes

Interesting! I was curious about RG’s “missing” deal but couldn’t find anything online. Could you enlighten us? It is refreshing to hear from those of you who have/had first-hand experiences with either party. I wish more of you would post so we can add more pieces to the puzzle instead of going around in circles.

3 Likes

Search “Blue Saddle Inn”, IIRC. 😎

1 Like

Oh it’s definitely LK without a single doubt. Like everything else in her life if it turns out to be damaging to her in anyway it’s going to turn out someone mysteriously hacked her accounts. LK is a sociopathic narcissist who can never take responsibility for her insane actions. Just wait when I say the best is yet to come, her true colors are soon to prevail. I am just curious why a woman who had no reservation in torturing me for years has yet to comment on one of my TRUTHFUL replies? This baffles me

3 Likes