Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

^^^ not Nicole uphoff:lol::lol::lol:
This is getting wackier for sure

17 Likes

Speculation, sure. But senseless, hardly! There was an obvious crime committed but no one knows all of the details- who was the aggressor, what were the exact circumstances that led up to the actions. All we know now are the results - the job for those in charge is to put all of the pieces together, taking everything into consideration. If one or more participants hides, or attempts to hide, information that may, or may not be relevant to a thorough investigation, I don’t think law enforcement would call it senseless to demand access to whatever has been removed - be it by removal or making it private (available to only those who the “owner” chooses).

Obviously no one here knows what is happening with the investigation. But it is human nature to want to make some kind of sense out of events around us.

4 Likes

Nicole joined today, welcome to COTH!

1 Like

Interesting video…is anyone familiar with the people who made it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGc_d4IPGzM

1 Like

I only know her as someone who called out DressageHub for her relentless bullying of certain riders, thus subjecting herself to bullying and public mocking on the DH page.

1 Like

In criminal cases, all social media sites of the people involved are closed - probably an agreement between law enforcement and facebook. Interesting that Robert Guy Goodwin’s page ( LK’s SO) is still open.

1 Like

There are lots of ridiculous things on the internet, but this one takes the cake. Congratulations.

19 Likes

Actually it has been a bit of a bun fight between her and DH with the overarching presence of legal hubby. Anyways, it is all very lawyerly, but I guess there are snippets of interest wrt the U.S. legal system. I suppose it is intended to be educational. Reality is they know nothing more than the speculation on this thread. Ho Hum…

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know the people involved but, I thought it was a bit odd to put out that sort of stream-of-consiousness- thing publicly since there didn’t seem to be any real information, only their take on what is known, which isn’t much.

Perhaps they have friends that are interested in their opinions.

3 Likes

Great post. This thread should end on this note.

5 Likes

Today I finally read the NY Times piece about George Morris. The journalist who wrote it actually read COTH posts to get a sense of what people in the horse world knew about GM’s history and the allegations against him. I trust she’ll do the same on this story.

3 Likes

Sorry, is this an actual term? Bun fight? I love it. :lol:

I couldn’t get through it…why would anyone do this type of video? I hope I am smart enough to weed through the BS

1 Like

From what I understand, Deanna has been mercilessly monstered by SW on DH, merely for standing up for herself. SW and DH have gone out of their way to try and ruin her business, so she’s got first hand knowledge of what that’s like and she seems like a decent girl. Deanna runs her own dressage page and I think she’s just trying to break down a few things that are going down in the industry at the moment, with the help of her lawyer husband. Probably way too long, but interesting nonetheless.

7 Likes

I get that…and DH is disgusting,

2 Likes

Looking just at the incident, my thought is that alcohol or drugs are likely involved. It makes no logical sense for MB to personally be in a confrontation, much less bring a gun (if he did). So it seems very likely to me that his judgement was impaired chemically.
Her actions beforehand were erratic, but less clear if chemicals might be involved.
Still not an excuse for anyone if they chose to alter their minds. Just me trying to weave a plot in which the actions make some kind of sense.

5 Likes

Good luck with that. There’s a reason “senseless” is in the dictionary.

10 Likes

Best to let Deanna weigh in if there is a backstory to this, but from an observation of events there has been a back and forth of videos and photoshopping from the two of them. It appears to have started when Deanna did a video on DH after CoTH published the article on DH, and DH responded to the video. That is how it appears on the surface. Maybe somebody else can explain it better.

Anyway, as stated earlier…the owner of DH is a nobody. She does not ride. She does not teach. She is not a member of the USEF. DH is not educational. It is a spot where the owner enjoys provoking horse people and denigrating others, photoshopping lies…why on earth does anyone even go there and get involved in that nonsense? Nobody takes her seriously and nobody cares about her opinions.

And she certainly has has no clue as to what transpired in the shooting. No insider’s track, or anything to add that we don’t already know. Stay away…clickbait.

7 Likes

So is MB “the drunk” who warned her to ‘sleep with one eye open’? May be a reason she alluded to this person on fb.

My guess is she’s had enough experience ‘pushing people’s buttons’, and she pushed him to the brink.

Are these people so numbed by substances that they don’t see the ‘red flags’? And know to get away?

There seems to be a whole lot of dressage people with middle school mentality. Emotionally and judgmentally stunted. JMO.

2 Likes

The actions d of the victim, nor the accused make sense.

[B]NJ law requires that you have a duty to retreat first. After that- the action (shooting) required the amount of force with which the shooter responded.

There are other criteria that goes in to it, as well which I am certain a NJ lawyer can attest.

So someone can push my buttons all they want. They can threaten to kick my ass- I still can’t pull out my gun and shoot them, even on my property.

And whoever made the comment about a straight man not owning a pink gun- sorry-- you are [edit]. [/B]

6 Likes