Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

The deed (public record) for the farm shows a purchase in 1998 by someone named John Lundberg. Then in late 1999 it is amended to say John and Bonnie Lundberg. At that same time in 1999 the property is transferred into an LLC, Sweet Grass Farm". The mailing address for the LLC on the deed is the same as the Lundberg home address. Minimal googling does not indicate that these people had any “horse involvement”.

So one would presume that at the very least this couple is the primary owner or owners, though it is entirely possible that someone else (MB) could be included as an owner. It is also sensible to assume that if one was going to lease their property to another party that movement to the LLC would be logical in order to protect their personal assets in case of a problem.

Another edit: The docs in NJ also show that Sweet Grass Farm assigns to the bank holding the mortgage all lease and rent payments.

Edited to add: property search in Florida does indicate MB as the owner of that farm which was purchased by him in early 1999

6 Likes

I think that if there is a problem between a trainer and an adult client, the client probably has to make the complaint themselves. I think the point here is that anyone can report problems suspected between a trainer and a minor, but if it’s between a trainer and an adult, then one of the involved parties has to complain.

Thus for instance, if a 25 year old working student is assaulted by her trainer/boss, I would think she has to file the complaint herself.

I think re: SS that the point is, a third party can report suspected problems with a minor.

But if the problem is between a trainer and an adult client, then one of the involved parties has to make the report. So if for instance a 25 year old working student is assaulted by her trainer/boss, then the student has to make the report herself.

1 Like

Others on this thread, who are adults and have been victims, HAVE contacted SS and told they only take reports on minors. If anything has changed I’m sure many would like to know about the change.

No, it isn’t that simple, sad to say. Once someone has established residency it is next to impossible to get them out if they refuse to go.

7 Likes

That is absolutely unreal. How on earth can that be legal anywhere in this country? Cut the utilities. All the horses in training have been moved (I believe). Turn it all off.

3 Likes

No one knows if the call to CPS was bogus or not. People who abuse children look and act like everyone else. I do t care how well you think you know someone, you can be fooled.

10 Likes

Except the children weren’t removed earlier in the day and are with their mother now (or I read that they are still with their mother).

3 Likes

The children are safe. Let’s leave it at that.

2 Likes

Sadly, it is very real and a bigger problem than many realize.

Someone can cut off the utilities but that doesn’t preclude someone else getting them restored by opening an account in their name (the squatter).

I am pretty sure one just can not disconnect the utilities in a dispute, not sure by kind of think the only one that can remove the service would be the provider for none payment

but the horses…in New Jersey the stable has an instant lien on them when they walk in the door… nothing to file, without payment for services the stable can keep the horses

[h=3]2A:44-51. Right of lien; retention of property when amount due unpaid[/h]
Every keeper of a livery stable or boarding and exchange stable, shall have a lien on all animals left with him in livery, for board, sale or exchange and upon all carriages, wagons, sleighs and harness left with him for storage, sale or exchange for the amount due such proprietor for the board and keep of such animal and also for such storage, and shall have the right, without process of law, to retain the same until the amount of such indebtedness is discharged.

https://www.animallaw.info/statute/nj-lien-horse-stable-2a44-51-right-lien-retention-property-when-amount-due-unpaid

That’s considered an illegal lockout. Can’t do it.

7 Likes

That’s also considered an illegal lockout or the tenant can bring the LL to court for violations like no electric, etc

7 Likes

the horses… they would have an instant lien on them the moment they walked on the property. New Jersey law is

[h=3]2A:44-51. Right of lien; retention of property when amount due unpaid[/h]
Every keeper of a livery stable or boarding and exchange stable, shall have a lien on all animals left with him in livery, for board, sale or exchange and upon all carriages, wagons, sleighs and harness left with him for storage, sale or exchange for the amount due such proprietor for the board and keep of such animal and also for such storage, and shall have the right, without process of law, to retain the same until the amount of such indebtedness is discharged.

As used in this section, “keeper of a livery stable” shall include, but need not be limited to, a proprietor of a stable, a trainer, a veterinarian, a farrier, or any other person who has a financial relationship with the owner of the horse.

Credits

Amended by L.1997, c. 2, § 1, eff. Jan. 24, 1997.

1 Like

So what rights do property owners have???

2 Likes

can the provider disconnect for none payment?

2 Likes

Yes I’m an adult who doesn’t take any crap.

I’ve spoken on legal issues, I’ve spoken about narcissists. I’ve given my thoughts no more than anyone else here. If anyone wants to dance have at it. I would rather not but I’ve grown tired of petty, juvenile remarks directed at me and so I answer in kind.

You won’t stop me from posting though.

Next?

8 Likes

Yes. Though it’s harder in cases of heat in the winter.

2 Likes

I wasn’t asking you.

12 Likes

Sadly, it is very real and a bigger problem than many realize.

Someone can cut off the utilities but that doesn’t preclude someone else getting them restored by opening an account in their name (the squatter).

1 Like