Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Much earlier in the thread we went through the extensive protections given to tenants or even house guests that have stayed long enough to establish residency. There is a process but it needs to be followed. I expect it would be relevant whether the tenant had another primary residence, or if this was the only roof they had over their heads. There are a lot of unknowns in this case.

3 Likes

Fewer than you would believe. This is why renting is such a risky move particularly for individuals without very deep pockets.

4 Likes

“Laying the smack down” generally doesn’t work with narcissists. They don’t care about other people, and attempting to let them know that you won’t stand for their BS will only feed into their narcissism and make them want revenge for you having disrespected or slighted them.

If “laying the smack down” works, they’re probably not a true narcissist, just a garden variety a-hole.

9 Likes

I found this while browsing “Eviction in NJ” and found it interesting:
[LIST=1]

• [B]3 day notice[/B] for disorderly conduct, property damage and destruction, tenancy contingent on employment that has now terminated, conviction of a drug offense, [B]conviction related to threatening or assaulting the landlord[/B], and convictions of theft or property [/LIST] Yes, I understand it says "conviction" related to threatening the landlord, but gee......I think there is plenty of evidence for that.

I am shocked at how difficult it is to evict in NJ. If someone squats for 20 years continuously, the property becomes theirs! Even taking vacations is included in the “continuous occupancy”!

• 2 Likes

Depends on the state.

3 Likes

Good. Then your comment is irrelevant to the conversation. Goodbye.

5 Likes

What is wrong with you?

33 Likes

Goodbye. :lol:

19 Likes

I fight back. So nothing wrong here. You?

6 Likes

Just curious because I’m not seeing anything to “fight back” about. You do you boo boo.

19 Likes

Let’s all try to get along, okay? Please.

5 Likes

Yep
big red flag.

5 Likes

The reason the eviction process takes so much is to prevent landlords from randomly kicking people out in the middle of a lease agreement. It’s actually not as painful as it sounds if people act like adults, set boundaries, and start the process as soon as they think they need it.

Again no one in this situation acted like an adult. Also this thread is the ultimate reminder that it is a business. Your clients are not your friends when it comes to business.

6 Likes

Since there was apparently no lease, it sounds more like house guests overstaying their welcome but it must still be called squatting in NJ and completely legal.

2 Likes

Well I know in a lot of states if the person receives mail at the residence or is there for more than 30 days you have to go through the eviction process.

Moral of the story: contracts, don’t let random clients stay in your home for more than 30 days and do not let mail get forwarded to the address. When someone becomes a problem and you ask them to leave by x date and they don’t? Start the process.

8 Likes

My point was that it is an unreasonable decision that either a US American or a Canadian could make under these particular circumstances. Not at all your point.

But the even bigger point, which you also missed, is that this thread is not an appropriate place for sanctimonious musings about US gun control.

14 Likes

Where’d Lala go?

3 Likes

Lordy me, an entire college course could be taught on this situation! Eviction, anger management, handling bullies/threats/sorry clients, ending relationships, not resorting to guns, choose your friends wisely, recognizing “crazy” and so many other sub courses!!!

8 Likes

Perhaps chatting with her new trainer? Plotting more revenge? Picking out wallpaper? Sweeping up broken glass? (yes, lots of sarcasm)

7 Likes

I am sure she is here.

5 Likes