Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Just joining in - late to the party as usual - although I have slogged through the entire thread. Some of it was tedious, but a lot of it would have been funny if it weren’t all so tragic. It was kind of like reading a bad, but enthralling novel. Except for the tragic part, of course.

I don’t know either of the principals here; I had never heard of LK before the story broke and my only contact with MB is watching him teach a clinic or two. But I will say that this was not an “execution style” shooting. Execution style is when Si Jayne had his brother killed at the dinner table. Or (maybe) when a well-known BNT dove his plane straight into the side of a mountain on a cloudless afternoon. And you don’t generally heal up well enough after to do selfies within a month.

Anyway, since I don’t know much about MB’s circumstances, does anyone know what was this insurance payment that apparently didn’t come in and LK had to loan him money? I mean, insurance payments are usually for something that’s been wrecked, or a horse that died, or something like that. They don’t just happen like dividend checks, and you don’t usually count on living off them - do you? It seems kind of hand to mouth for a BNT with a barn full of horses.

Maybe that question was answered somewhere up thread and I missed it. I admit to skimming a lot, but I’m curious.

@dannyboy

Good for you for wading through it all after the fact!

The problem with doing that is that are several posts that are gone now, but I don’t recall the insurance check question was ever asked or explained.

Maybe The BlueSaddle will have some insight …

3 Likes

Holy Moly…
I need a drink.

6 Likes

Not that anyone really needs to know, but the insurance check was for burst pipes in the house during the winter, and had been received WELL before the blowup!
Yet ANOTHER of LK’s many lies!

11 Likes

I’m still wondering about the logic of someone thinking they can take a farm away.

If I go into a diner and the waitress spills hot coffee on me, I don’t think “gee, now the diner will be mine! Muah ha ha ha ha!”.

11 Likes

And another of my favorites back in the day was the long thread about Pollo de Diablo (something like that) about a crazy rooster that was controlling the barn. Wet your pants funny. :lol:

5 Likes

Which reminds me of jswan’s Chucky the rooster…also side-grabbing hilarious!

But back to this tragedy…what a disaster.

3 Likes

So it will be interesting to see how the defense uses her social media posts to illustrate her manipulative behaviour This one coming one month after the shooting.

On a side bar, LK’s social media posts are incredulous. One month later, posting pics at a depanneur looking quite healthy and coiffed. Her social media comments indicating that her breast implants saved her life.

It really doesn’t get any more cray cray than this.

Jilly Cooper, please come out of retirement 🙏🏻🐎

9 Likes

Ok! All good! Am I the only one or is there way too much distraction from/on this thread? Sorry but the blue saddle annoys and bores me to tears. If you guys are entertained, fine, but I really hope for some useful/new information or thoughts. Have a great night, everyone.

30 Likes

Social media is a controlled image. There is no way we are seeing everything. And we only see the “best” angles, anyway. But to be a fly on the wall of the house…

1 Like

If this social media presence is the “best angles”, HOOOOOOO baby…

19 Likes

You must be a certified gemologist then with nothing to learn, or maybe you are LK???

4 Likes

Yep,. Hm-hmm. Sure. Whatever. 🙄

16 Likes

That’s great! Now you will understand exactly why LK was so interested in the Tiara.

1 Like

Does anyone understand what The Blue Saddle is saying? Is the latest implying that LK wanted to steal valuable items (like the tiara) from MB? Or is the concensus that TBS is just a distraction and there has been nothing of truth in the little stories? I would welcome help from an insider for an answer so I can hopefully start skipping TBS’s posts.

12 Likes

I don’t read TBS’s posts, but I think I know who’s writing them. :cool:

10 Likes

I believe the tiara is metaphor for being the favored one, the queen bee student, the oh-ah rider. The shining jewel to MB’s eye.

5 Likes

Yeahhh, I have my suspicions too. :rolleyes:

3 Likes

@Wilbury Pie Wow, thanks for her instagram tidbit about implants saving her life. That explains a lot!

I just couldn’t understand how she survived multiple (?) shots to her chest—makes much more sense now.

3 Likes

It’s satire / humour

6 Likes