Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Your posts read like you have not read the thread.

Has LK backslid or are you being dramatic about the coma?

13 Likes

Intubated because her lung was effected by surgery and bullets. That might require intubation, which restricts speaking.
Its common post surgery and would explain the communication comment.

5 Likes

The last article that was linked - the last line says she is in medically induced coma.

I donā€™t think this is insensitive. I think this is an opinion that youā€™re entitled too and may not be far from fact at all.

It reminds me of a TV drama series (Law & Order maybe?) where an individual is pushed and pushed by another manipulative party to the point that they snap and ultimately end up going to jail. Meanwhile the other person recovers, gets what they want, and continues laughing all the way to the bank. Taking everything from the person they pushed over the edge.

Now, thatā€™s no excuse for shooting someone, just the potential motive. People still need to demonstrate some self control, discretion, and not go that far. But itā€™s sad when someone loses faith in a system, or their are short comings from law enforcement leading the individual to take matters into their own hands (not saying thatā€™s the case here).

You (g) can construe whatever you want from my words, and you donā€™t have to like them. Doesnā€™t bother me.

I donā€™t know either party, nor do I want to, and I donā€™t have all the details here, so Iā€™m not sure what will actually happen with this case.

14 Likes

Since her injuries were to her chest, thereā€™s a fair chance sheā€™s still intubated, and therefore unable to talk ā€¦ but able to communicate with gestures and possibly by writing. (Speculation, of course; I have no information as to whether this is actually the case)

6 Likes

This is the second post you have made offering up false information. Guess you missed the class on reading comprehension.

4 Likes

???

As much as I think that article is inaccurate (outdated), it does say what Farmpony said it does.

15 Likes

Video; https://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/4145090-michael-barisone-appears-in-court/

Posted about 20 pages ago. But thanks for the share @Equibrit

Em

3 Likes

x

10 Likes

Since LKā€™s facebook was scrubbed of her recent posts, how will the defense be able to get copies of those posts? Will Facebook provide them?

I can 100% guarantee you that I still would not shoot the person

9 Likes

x

6 Likes

Because that matters why?
If she had a change of heartā€¦ regardless of why, to me the smart thing is to go board and train and live elsewhere, no?

Shooting a squatter, who has called ICE, CPS and Safe Sport, etcā€¦ on you is no way to handle that bologna.

The Facebook tirades, drama and calling various agencies including CPS and ICE is not the way to deal with a drunk, substance abusing trainer that isnā€™t training your horses or otherwise providing the services you agreed to at the inception of your professional relationship either.
ā€ā€¹ā€ā€¹ā€ā€¹ā€ā€¹ā€ā€¹

6 Likes

Yes. Facebook has all that in storage and they legally can provide it to law enforcement. What you put out on the Internet is always there.

6 Likes

Phones too. A local insanity plea was recently denied when the accusedā€™s very reasonable and logical texts were reviewed.

In last jury I sat on (about 3 yrs ago, time to get called againā€¦) no back history was admitted (and the plaintiffā€™s attorney tried). Of course we were asked to avoid the internet, court searches, gossip, etc. We acquitted the defendant. Afterwards, I did check social media, and OMG, the dude should be in jail for life with all the things heā€™d done for decades, even to his own sister.

Jury duty is really hard, intense work. You are just exhausted at the end of each day.

3 Likes

x

3 Likes

Wait, isnā€™t the alcohol and substance abuse all speculation? Not that most of this thread isnā€™t speculation, but I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to label MB an alcoholic druggie if that isnā€™t the case.

27 Likes

I cried I was so upset after serving this spring. I still get upset over the ordeal.

3 Likes

Oh we love our speculation.

4 Likes