Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

I keep seeing repeated references to it being his gun that he brought there and was addressing those statements.

5 Likes

Oh and for the record: A landlord removing a tenants door to get them to move is illegal and is categorized as an Illegal Lockout.

Landlord/Tenant is one of the aspects of my job in law. Among other things, I issue eviction warrants for a living.

So donā€™t do that! Itā€™s considered naughty! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Unless he appeals the bail decision correct ? But seems like that will not happen.

the main reason she isnā€™t dead was the hospital she was transported to Morristown Medical Centerā€™s Trauma Center is verified as a Level I Regional Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons and designated a Level II by the state of New Jersey.

https://www.atlantichealth.org/conditions-treatments/trauma-critical-care.html

if she had been elsewhere I really do not believe she would be alive

6 Likes

From the Morris Co. Prosecutorā€™s website: Besides 2 counts of Attempted Murder,first degree, Barisone was charged
with ā€œ2 counts of Possession of a Weapon for Unlawful Purpose.ā€

Sounds to me like HE brought the weapon to the scene.

https://prosecutor.morriscountynj.gov/2019/08/man-charged-with-two-counts-of-attempted-murder-in-connection-with-shooting-in-washington-township/

5 Likes

Just saw a blurb somewhere that his atty. is addressing that very question.

From my understanding, the possession charge is because he had it physically in his possession to shoot it, not necessarily that itā€™s his or that he brought it. As itā€™s been said already in this thread, yes, he could have come down to the house with it, or she could have come out of the house with it and had it taken away.

19 Likes

She was alive enough to call 911 herself and was apparently speaking when the medics and police arrived. If she was intelligible on the phone, it seems likely that she escaped serious damage to heart, lungs, or throat.

itā€™s entirely possible to be shot and be basically fine, just with a serious flesh wound.

I wasnā€™t there, I donā€™t know, but while it sounds very serious indeed to require surgery and be in ā€œseriousā€Ā condition, nothing about the report says to me that anyone was in any immediate danger of dying.

10 Likes

Was not able to upload screenshot from Mary Haskins dressage Insta but thereā€™s a pic of Raquel Welch in a gaucho hat holding a gun hashtag #iloverevolvers

3 Likes

The prosecution would probably love a plea deal because if they put LK on the stand everyone will see what a whack job she is and it will not help their case.

14 Likes

Initially some media reports said she was hit in the ā€œheart and Lungā€ and she was semi-conscious when LE arrived.
Remember many times shot victims do not bleed out right away and they can speak, just like Megan Betts in the Dayton Ohio massacre told someone next to her to call police, Iā€™ve been shot. Then she died.
Also LKā€™s family confirmed she was shot in a lung and had surgery for that.
I donā€™t think thereā€™s any doubt she was seriously wounded.

5 Likes

Mine too!

4 Likes

Again, youā€™re speculating without facts. It was HIS residence, not theirs. He may or may not have been alcohol impaired, or emotionally distraught, or who knows what - but YOU donā€™t know his intent. You are inventing facts to support your ideas, and thatā€™s it.

14 Likes

Well we are only hearing one side of the story from less than credible witnessā€™.

20 Likes

So you were there? What color was his truck? What was he wearing? O yeah, thatā€™s right you werenā€™t there. Weā€™re only hearing the story from 2 people that have a less than credible background. Itā€™s not been actually said other then those 2 people but he is the one that brought the gun. He may have brought it for self defense because she certainly is scary and from her Facebook page obviously could be a threat. She could have come at him with a knife, there could have been a struggle in which case the gun would be in between them and right at her chest.

18 Likes

Sounds like smoke & mirrors.

1 Like

Because thatā€™s what the witness statements / police reports released to the media said, and because that version of events was not disputed in court by MBā€™s lawyer.

8 Likes

Ok. Letā€™s look at the theory that he wrestled the gun from her. If she had the gun then she refrained from shooting him and he was able to wrestle the gun away because she did not empty her weapon center of mass. Little woman/big man. Once he got the gun away from her, why did he put two in her chest at close range and one through the window where boyfriend was? Then wrestled with boyfriend until boyfriend got the gun away. Boyfriend does not shoot anyone even with girlfriend bleeding out on the ground. She is injured so badly, they have to do procedures to help her breathe and at some point she was in a medically induced coma, which is really confusing to me if that was before or after she could communicate. She has one in the heart and one in the lung. That tells me they are not using hollow points. A pink Ruger 9mm could belong to several women affiliated at the barn. His fianceeā€™, his ex-wife, women trainers, or him, maybe he thought it was cute to be all 6ā€™4ā€Ā and have a pink handgun. So we know neither girlfriend or boyfriend have an intent to kill or MB would have had a full load of bullets center of mass from when he walked up to her if she had the gun and wanted to kill. Some of yā€™all may not like her but one person used that weapon to try to kill and it wasnā€™t her or the boyfriend. LE arrives and finds little bitty thing bleeding out on the ground and boyfriend and MB hurt and boyfriend only holding him down. Itā€™s irrelevant whose gun it was. Only one person tried to kill with it. She isnā€™t out of the woods yet. If she dies, it changes from attempted murder to murder. They are not going to plea this one out. Itā€™s a violent crime. Also, if you kick someoneā€™s ass, unless they attack you first, itā€™s assault. Donā€™t go there. Are you living in a honky tonk? Just no. This is awful. Little kids look up to olympians and dream. This has been a bad summer for equestrian sports.

5 Likes

Was the one court hearing theyā€™ve had really a time to do that though?
It seemed it was not likely any argument was going to sway or change that he would remain in custody.

Also, though Iā€™ve not had a chance to watch it myself to judge, many have suggested his lawyer is not really up to the task. Could that be why he didnā€™t argue those facts?

4 Likes
5 Likes