Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Nope definitely not. I think everyone involved has a bit of blame. LK, MB, possibly even the LE that came out, maybe they didn’t take the situation as seriously as they could have (pure speculation).

10 Likes

On Facebook? Or elsewhere? I didn’t see it.

It happens also with members of the armed forces. They’ve been known to continue to pull the trigger on a weapon even though it’s empty. When your adrenalin is rushing and you squeeze off one round you’re very likely to shoot more rounds and might not even realize it. Especially with a semi automatic which has a lighter trigger pull than a revolver. This information validated by a police officer… I’m not arguing that he fired the 1st shot but just saying that the following shots could have been fired without him realizing it. And I can tell you that if I am ever threatened and needed to use a firearm ato defend myself, and someone was coming at me with a knife or any other type of weapon I wouldn’t just shoot once and then wait and see what happened.

5 Likes

You are generalizing and exaggerating, while in the process losing your argument. It has been written, over and over, that people THINK (emphasis on speculation) both sides were in the wrong. We’re just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks - but NO ONE KNOWS.

Clearly this topic is of interest to many for a wide variety of reasons. When someone goes too far in either direction, they typically get called on it. Seems to me the discussion has become less emotional and more analytical, which is a good thing.

14 Likes

Again, the poster said “accidentally” shot, as in the gun went off on its own in the struggle. Not the same at all. Althought your scenario is possible, that is not what we were talking about

@MeisterMagnolia Not exaggerating at all. Go back and read the thread and look at the way people are writing about LK. It’s a bit over the top IMO. She has been called more names than necessary.

7 Likes

It’s on her personal FB page.

1 Like

So let me see if I understand what you’re saying.

“Accidental” discharge of a firearm covers only those cases where a gun is fired without a finger pulling the trigger? That would suggest that people who shoot themselves in the leg holstering a weapon, or “over-firing” situations as described by this other poster, or even children who end up dead after finding guns and playing with them are involved in intentional firearms incidents, not unintentional discharge situations. Your definition of “accidental” seems to be reading more into the post you quoted earlier, and into all subsequent responses about unintentional discharge, than is typically understood from the words you quoted. And all so that you can characterize other posters as the kinds of monsters who condone gun violence.

It also sounds like you expect some ordinary citizen, handling a gun in unknown circumstances, with unknown firearms experience, and almost certainly in a highly emotional situation, to be capable of a higher standard of firearm safety and handling practices than members of law enforcement and military who have training and experience handling deadly weapons. Why would MB be expected to be infallable in his gun handling and only capable of firing with intent? It’s entirely possible that this was a cold blooded murder attempt, but I just don’t see how you can so easily rule out the kinds of hypotheticals other posters are musing about based on the reported information.

It just seems so silly to argue about whether it’s possible for a few pounds of pressure to be unintentionally applied to a trigger for a fraction of an inch a couple of times during the course of an unknown sequence of events without premeditation or deadly intent. You seem to think that everyone who is open to the possibility that this wasn’t a heartless, premeditated murder attempt is ignoring facts, or jumping to conclusions for nefarious reasons. But your own interpretation of the case as reported is built on just as many assumptions, omissions, and convenient interpretations.

18 Likes

In your book, not mine. You used inflammatory descriptors and generalized, which doesn’t help your argument. It’s biased - just as biased as the “offenders” you write about.

13 Likes

I don’t know any of the people involved but it’s pretty obvious from the testimony on this thread that LK is a piece of work in the SW mold, the kind of person who goes online saying they will "destroy their trainer " Plus even one arrest for internet stalking is pretty drastic. Obviously we don’t know if she’s BPD or whatever, but she clearly is trouble, and fiance has a history of drugs and assault too.

None of this makes it lawful to shoot her. It allows us to understand how the dispute escalated. I don’t know how a jury will parse out whether he intended to scare her or protect himself or actually shoot her in the 15 minutes or so leading up to this. I would not want to be on that jury.

In Canada it would not be lawful to carry that gun for either protection or threat. You basically are not allowed to carry a weapon of any sort. I can carry bear spray or a hunting knife in the back country but not walking around downtown.

Anyhow when interpersonal disputes erupt into violence, in hindsight both parties will have been seen to have made a series of bad choices. We know less about MB’s bad choices because there is silence from that side.

19 Likes

Ah. Thanks.

No, I just have a 22 Rifle. I don’t know either party but what I do know I would be livid if someone would refuse to leave my property and home. Luckily I can’t remember where I stored the bullets.

7 Likes

Judging her from previous history not only from the social media but past behavior I don’t see her as a victim, more like a trouble maker.

25 Likes

LOL how many is not quite enough/just right/too many, goldilocks?

I’ll quote another poster here:

You are mistaking people pointing out that LK likely had a part in pushing him to the breaking point as people attacking her and absolving him of all blame. You can be sympathetic to a person for having to deal with a crazy person while still holding them responsible for their actions against said crazy person.

I don’t know that I would be surprised that some people are going bananas at, about, and toward LK and this event. You’re going bananas in the other direction, blanketing her in concern and empathy while rattling your finger o’ contempt and loathing at MB.

In the long run, so what?
I mean it, really, so what? This is a terrible event that occurred that nearly got a seemingly/allegedly wacky woman killed by a guy that doesn’t have an air of seemingly wacky around him. If she (LK) is running her damn mouth on Instagram, again…go for it sister, dig the crazy pit even deeper - she’s not demonstrated good social media hygiene in the past, I expect the wacky to return in full blown wack.

And by the way, a semi automatic 9MM is a very dangerous weapon once fired the first time after you cock it. Subsequent pulls are (no pun intended) dead easy, scary easy. When everyone is completed freaked out and amped up and over stimulated, terrible consequences can and often do, follow. I don’t care what you’ve ‘studied’- go to the range and shoot a few, then come back with some actual experience.

21 Likes

SW and LK are two peas in a pod.

12 Likes

This! Thank You!

6 Likes

And once again, the “it’s her fault” implication others are trying to deny exists in this thread.

In sentencing, “mitigating circumstances” could reduce his sentence if the judge believes his decision-making was affected by her behavior. If the trial allows her to be painted in the same way many on this thread have, as a trouble maker who is lucky to be alive, not a victim who was nearly killed, a jury of MB’s peers could find him not guilty as they are swayed by emotion. According to the law, though, and based on what we know - he is clearly guilty of trying to kill her, and one could say his anger and behavior showed premeditation if they were a prosecutor trying to put him away as long as possible.

8 Likes

Were you there as an eyewitness to see what happened?

If not, we don’t know anything, other than that one of them ended up getting shot. We don’t know who owned the gun, who brought the gun, or much of anything else at this point. Hopefully we will know more when some evidence comes out at the trial, if there is one.

28 Likes

As far as the character of the victim, most of the shooting victims around here are long term medium and higher level gangsters caught up in turf wars and vendettas. Quite often the victim is someone who already faced weapons charges. No one for a minute thinks they sre “innocent victims.”

But hey, guess what? If you shoot one of these gangsters you get arrested for murder (if they can catch and identify you). Even as the police do their obligatory hey kids, this is the fruits of a criminal lifestyle, they are out there finding the murderers.

Rape is really the only charge where the victims history is so crucial to the evidence in such a major way, to the extent that 50 years ago you could barely get a conviction for rape.

It has never been that way for attempted murder.

3 Likes

Every time you ie forum references her SW she cackles in glee. Evil never sleeps. She is overjoyed that she had the tiniest ! Connection to this tragedy. What a pathetic loser.

9 Likes

Wow. Justice must be a lot more blind in Canada than here in the U.S.

I don’t want to get too political, but when you’re talking about practice (vs. “in theory”), the assumptions people make about the innocence of the victim can indeed have a lot to do with how likely it is that someone will be arrested, tried, and convicted for a crime like murder. Identifying these biases was a huge part of the jury selection process for the murder trial I was in the jury pool for a few years ago, and it’s not that difficult to find examples in the news where assumptions about victims and/or the relative character of accused and victim(s) seemed to have factored into both arrests and convictions for crimes like murder/attempted murder.

In theory, the character of the victim is not relevant to the guilt of the accused (at least usually – character of the victim is admissible in some circumstances I believe). But in practice I believe it quite often impacts how justice is carried out, for a far wider swath of violent crimes than just rape.

3 Likes