Word to the Wise: Lesson Reminder for Everyone

[QUOTE=Marla 100;8236281]
Did they also show up with an OPEN Trailer at your place??

Details, Details, we need details. lol.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I did not get to see the open trailer!
But if PO’s time with the OP was anything like my visit with the OP, I completely understand why the deal changed. Let’s just say that the OP and her family showing up HOURS late, in shorts, and without helmets were the least of my concerns!

[QUOTE=FtLauderdale;8236776]
Unfortunately, I did not get to see the open trailer!
But if PO’s time with the OP was anything like my visit with the OP, I completely understand why the deal changed. Let’s just say that the OP and her family showing up HOURS late, in shorts, and without helmets were the least of my concerns![/QUOTE]

and you leave THAT out there!!!

[QUOTE=PonyOwner;8236693]
oh. That is not a good idea. I don’t know if I should laugh or cry. Maybe cry a lot?[/QUOTE]

Laugh with tears.
those guys are doing a bang up job though, educating the people, to reduce scenes like that!
(they accept Hi-Viz and pony tack, especially bits! :slight_smile: )

My parents bought me a bench six months ago, came from a long line of imported benches from Europe, made from only the best wood. The thing is, the bench and I don’t get along. Every time I sit on it, my back and butt starting hurting after just ten minutes. My dad says I should suck it up and be grateful they got me such a nice bench, and my mom agrees. I’ve tried several pads of various firmnesses, but nothing seems to help. Am I missing something? is there a market for benches that are uncomfortable to sit in?

[QUOTE=BrookdaleBay;8237100]
My parents bought me a bench six months ago, came from a long line of imported benches from Europe, made from only the best wood. The thing is, the bench and I don’t get along. Every time I sit on it, my back and butt starting hurting after just ten minutes. My dad says I should suck it up and be grateful they got me such a nice bench, and my mom agrees. I’ve tried several pads of various firmnesses, but nothing seems to help. Am I missing something? is there a market for benches that are uncomfortable to sit in?[/QUOTE]

Try offering it as bucking stock*****, that might be your market. You know how wily those bucking benches can be. They throw everyone off!

*****refer to thread in Western forum

Oh, bucking stock, yes! that is a great idea! But, oh… will the bench be mistreated? those bucking straps look sooo uncomfortable.

1 Like

Let it go, let it go, let it goooooooooooo…

[QUOTE=nccatnip;8237260]
Let it go, let it go, let it goooooooooooo…[/QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRsy2BylRY

I had read this thread through page 3. For whatever reason, pg. 4 would not open, repeatedly. I re-started from scratch. Still no go. For whatever reason, the last page opened. I started reading in reverse. Holy bucking, pregnant benches, Batman?!?!
Pg. 4 for has since opened, but I’m opting to continue reading this thread in reverse.

Bench Seat???

WAWWs saw where a Bench entered the picture on another thread, to join the Pony and PonyOwner and Saddle and Trailer. Are you talking about a bench seat? Isn’t that not good? Does sitting on The Bench cause one to ride with a bench seat? We’ve seen 2 people, one an expert (LOL) BO who taught at a private girl’s school in Maryland for a few years, with a bench seat and it was not pretty. And saw a boarder at one barn who rode her beautiful arabian gelding with a bench seat. Didn’t see a bench on the horses but people said that was a bench seat by both riders.:confused:

Glad to see that all the gang, PonyOwner and all, are still around. Not sure that the pony, the real one, is doing OK as read on another thread that the person who had said “real” pony thinks that all warmbloods are a breed.:eek: The “real” pony needs to find a home with someone who knows what a warmblood is.

And we hope that the blue saddle will show up at a show sometime. One of us is called “blue” due to some coloration, and his Deutsch name, so he’d like to see the blue Saddle IRL. But not to wear the Saddle and not to work under it, since warmbloods feel that working is for other horses. You know, the horses who are in breeds, not in registries.:lol:

And don’t even think about putting a bench on us!:eek:

Bench seat is not good. Chair is not good either. I think bench is worse than chair.

I am almost finished with the Blue Saddle in selling shares. I will post it up for sale soon. Then I will distribute the money to all of the people who have bought shares. On this Friday I will finish selling the shares and that will be it, so people should purchase before then if they want a share.

I think I would like to return to Vegas, except serious question. Why do so many old singers go to sing there? Do they put the old ones to pasture there? How come only in Vegas and I do not see them in other places.

[QUOTE=WildandWickedWarmbloods;8237654]
WAWWs saw where a Bench entered the picture on another thread, to join the Pony and PonyOwner and Saddle and Trailer. Are you talking about a bench seat? Isn’t that not good? Does sitting on The Bench cause one to ride with a bench seat? We’ve seen 2 people, one an expert (LOL) BO who taught at a private girl’s school in Maryland for a few years, with a bench seat and it was not pretty. And saw a boarder at one barn who rode her beautiful arabian gelding with a bench seat. Didn’t see a bench on the horses but people said that was a bench seat by both riders.:confused:

Glad to see that all the gang, PonyOwner and all, are still around. Not sure that the pony, the real one, is doing OK as read on another thread that the person who had said “real” pony thinks that all warmbloods are a breed.:eek: The “real” pony needs to find a home with someone who knows what a warmblood is.

And we hope that the blue saddle will show up at a show sometime. One of us is called “blue” due to some coloration, and his Deutsch name, so he’d like to see the blue Saddle IRL. But not to wear the Saddle and not to work under it, since warmbloods feel that working is for other horses. You know, the horses who are in breeds, not in registries.:lol:

And don’t even think about putting a bench on us!:eek:[/QUOTE]

1 Like

The Bench seat is much wider than a chair seat.
And much more expensive according to the threads on Coth.:lol:

1 Like

I keep getting sucked into this thread thinking I will find out what actually happened.

1 Like

[QUOTE=Haybert;8238390]
I keep getting sucked into this thread thinking I will find out what actually happened.[/QUOTE]

The Bench, Saddle and Pony are pregnant, and on the Open Trailer, on their way to Vegas, for a quick Guacamole run…

Okay, the truth is, the bench owner approached me about taking the bench because she knew I was looking. Everything was well communicated but unfortunately I could not afford to fly there to make sure the bench was a good fit. That is all the owner wants and she is generously offering the bench to the perfect home

2 Likes

Okay, the truth is, the bench owner approached me about taking the bench because she knew I was looking. Everything was well communicated but unfortunately I could not afford to fly there to make sure the bench was a good fit. That is all the owner wants and she is generously offering the bench to the perfect home

My parents bought me a bench six months ago, came from a long line of imported benches from Europe, made from only the best wood. The thing is, the bench and I don’t get along. Every time I sit on it, my back and butt starting hurting after just ten minutes. My dad says I should suck it up and be grateful they got me such a nice bench, and my mom agrees. I’ve tried several pads of various firmnesses, but nothing seems to help. Am I missing something? is there a market for benches that are uncomfortable to sit in?

Quite obviously, the problem is that you are sitting incorrectly. This will cause the bench to hollow, brace, and become uncomfortable.

You need to take some lessons on other benches and then move up to your bench when you’re ready. Keep your bench in training with a professional so that it doesn’t lose condition.

1 Like

[QUOTE=Dressagelvr;8242533]
Quite obviously, the problem is that you are sitting incorrectly. This will cause the bench to hollow, brace, and become uncomfortable.

You need to take some lessons on other benches and then move up to your bench when you’re ready. Keep your bench in training with a professional so that it doesn’t lose condition.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if we combine my Bench with the dressage simulator then we can see if people are sitting incorrectly. If the pressure is more on one side or the other side then we would know from all of the electronics.

Has anyone tried the dressage simulator horse. Is it worth it to try?

1 Like

Wait just a minute. You mean there is an art to riding a bench?
What about bench warmers? Warmbloods see a lot of bench warmers during football season.

1 Like

Answer to question about old singers and Vegas:

Old singers go to Vegas because old people go to Vegas to gamble and to listen to the songs that Wayne Newton and others sang back decades ago. Lots of “Just for Men” sold in Vegas to those singers.

Didn’t Wayne Newton used to raise and show Arabians? At least some of the $$$ he made “crooning” went to good use for horses.