WOW! New Info in Barisone-Kanarek Saga

Oh tsk, tsk little bird. We mustn’t speak factually unless we KNOW it’s true. That’s your whole annoying mantra boiled down. Thank goodness LK is always innocent and angelic or you might come off looking like a sycophant.

7 Likes

I’m inferring that she doesn’t care whether you believe her or not and that’s why she can’t be bothered to dig up proof for you. What inference would you make?

How could I possibly be “that Shelley woman” (?) if I’m her mother/her father/her lawyer?
1 Like

hahahahaha…The Toll House where the cookie recipe originated is one town over from me. A few of years ago someone decided to do a cookie drop for New Years Eve instead of a ball drop. It did not go over well and the plan was dropped after two years LOL.

2 Likes

That makes a whole lot of sense: death by troll-spew.

BTW, I ran across a recipe for Troll House cookies but it looked too bitter.

8 Likes

[TABLE=“border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0”]
[TR]
[TD=“bgcolor: #FFFFCC”]TROLL HOUSE COOKIES[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“bgcolor: #FFFFCC, colspan: 2”]1/2 c. peanut butter
6 oz. chocolate chips
5 c. Rice Krispie cereal

Put peanut butter and chips in pan. Heat slowly and stir until melted. Mix in cereal gently. Drop cookies from spoon onto waxed paper. Chill until firm.[/TD]
	[/TR]

[/TABLE]

5 Likes

If you have a USDF membership you can look them up and see if their ownership got transferred. Whatshername still hasn’t transferred the USDF papers for the horse she bought from him, so it might not be the best or most reliable way to track them, but it’s a start. The farm appears to be off the market…?

4 Likes

That reminds me of the Thanksgiving Turkey Drop episode from the old WKRP in Cincinnati TV series.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly… "

14 Likes

We’ve stumbled on an interesting subject (at least to me) on this thread. Many of us are mothers. There is no doubt there is absolutely nothing I wouldn’t do to protect my children from harm, danger, ridicule, threats or anything unpleasant. By the same token, one of my primary jobs as a parent is to be sure my children are contributors to society, educated, kind, truthful, healthy, accountable, and the ability to know right from wrong. If a child of mine showed a habit of getting into trouble over the years (speeding tickets, auto accidents, confrontations requiring me to become involved, and any myriad of other instances) I would have sought mental help for that child. There are no boundaries that would prevent me from finding them help with their issues. Perhaps I am simply a product of my upbringing to not become an enabler and to always insist on accountability for one’s actions.

Caveat that no one deserves to be shot. It does seem Lauren has been enabled for a large portion of her life IMO. Someone always seems to bail her out of trouble or uncomfortable situations.

17 Likes

I suspect the farm is tied up in lawsuits with the LLC, but I have absolutely no idea.

When I saw “Wow” I was excited to see some new information being shared about this case. Thanks for “Wowing” your
Post as it got my attention .

3 Likes

People can delete what they want from public view, but Facebook doesn’t delete anything. They retain your images in perpetuity. The internet is forever, folks.
In this case, it seems more likely that she just restricted her audience…which is the sane, normal thing to do. But nothing about this situation is sane or normal.

4 Likes

Yeah Facebook doesn’t delete it, but you can’t see deleted posts anymore without a warrant, or unless someone has captured it. Or unless you are an internet expert who knows how to syphon off packets or break into Facebook’s back up servers.

No uninvolved person in their right mind would put that much effort into doing anything other than to store screenshots and messages.

1 Like

Enabled is the word.
some kids are a big handful. Some parents have a hard time getting a handle on even an easy kid.
But Enabling certainly seems to be an issue for too many.

9 Likes

It’s next to impossible to force an adult child to get counseling or rehab of any kind. And some personality disorders seem to be hard wired. You might be able to maintain control over a teen under the family roof. But once they are out on their own, you can’t reform their BPD or narcissism or sociopathy or whatever. Indeed these tend to become more obvious through a person’s 20s and 30s.

Since there isn’t really any treatment for personality disorders and their causes are obscure, you can’t really blame the problem adult solely on lack of effort by the parents. Nothing they could have done before the child was 21 would change the basic personality disorder.

”‹”‹”‹”‹”‹

11 Likes

Good points. What happens when people stop enabling those with personality disorders? Do they simply find new enablers?

1 Like
     I deleted my Facebook page a while back. My understanding was that everything would disappear from public view immediately but the files would be retained by Facebook for 6 months (in case I changed my mind), and that after 6 months it would genuinely be deleted. 

Given all their lies about privacy and data selling, I’ll be pretty pissed if they lied (again) and did not delete it. 

Deleting the whole account is different from deleting or restricting certain posts, of course.

An account is different than posts. Supposedly everything gets deleted from all the servers after a certain point in time. But it’s not a total purge - if you are mentioned in another post, in an uploaded photo, if you allowed an app access via Facebook they have that data, any system logs - those might-probably still exist. There will always be digital traces of you in their system.

Deletion - especially at a large scale like Facebook - isn’t necessarily deletion the way we think of it, like erasure or backspace. Even if you “delete” something on a hard-drive or server, we can find it, recover it, unscramble it.

4 Likes
   To the extent that I was mentioned in other people’s posts, my name was still there, but it went from a link to just the name, which is the same as it would be if a post mentioned the name of someone never on Facebook. My comments on other people’s pages disappeared. To outward appearances, including any comments on other pages, it is as if I was never on Facebook. 

I can see some people pretty much have to be on Facebook, but I’m a lot happier off it.

Yes, exactly. If they have the social skills to keep acquiring new friends they simply move on and burn bridges behind them.

If they lack social skills or other social assets, they can end up going down the social scale. But if you aren’t picky about who you victimize you can generally find someone more vulnerable than you are to meet your needs for a while.

Also not all people with personality disorders are incapable of finding a place in the economy.

5 Likes

Thank you!

Either this type of personality is becoming more prevalent or we are simply paying better attention. I’m assuming there is little or no cure for most personality disorders. Scary.

6 Likes