Unlimited access >

Your COTH BB Language Guide

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
Amazing how we haven’t had a new spin yet on “Rode hard and put away wet.” <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The mind boggles …

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AllWeatherGal:
The desire to do someone down, or indeed in, is the defining feature. Adverse book reviews there have always been, and probably always should be. At their best, they are written in defence of a value, and in the tacit hope that the author, having had his transgressions pointed out, might secretly agree that his book is indeed lousy. All they attack, or seem to attack, is the book. But a snark blatantly attacks the author. It isn’t just meant to retard the author’s career, it is meant to advance the reviewer’s, either by proving how clever he is or simply by injuring a competitor. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> i had no idea it was a real word! so how about:

snarky: a blatant attack on an author, often with a clever remark, to retard the author’s knowledge and promote their own

or make it shorter?

and DMK- wanna help me out on the beaver drilling definition and sentence ? don’t know if i have the energy to read the whole entire thread…

Coreene- is it okay what i put in about willem?? any additions/changes you’d like me to make?

oh Peggy, that make me wish I’d bred my mare to a W-line stallion

I always tell my trainers to say inside/outside, but they sneak the right/left thing in on me occasionally. I try to react quickly and usually fail. or should I say LMHHO! No, I don’t think I want to laugh THAT off…

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom King:
I was spectating at a show a while back and when the order of finish was called out someone in the audience was heard to say, “Where’s The Fruitbat!?!?” <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I see. Sort of a verbal version of the COTH secret handshake. You were among friends; you just didn’t know who they were!

I’m waiting for someone to have the nerve to name their horse “Where’s the Fruitbat?” Or at least suggest it on one of those endless naming threads.

So one Heidi Hoo Hoo = 6 hands ??? Which RAyers may or may not use for typing.

Or should a HHH be referenced as a metric unit in honor of a country that doesn’t use a third-world measurement system. Then we could get into miniHHH, microHHH, kiloHHH and so on.

I was thinking more along the lines of Cab Calloway’s
Heidi Heidi Heidi Hay (is that the water bucket or the manger)
Heidi Heidi Heidi Ho…

I have that left-right thing, too. When I was little, I always wanted to write backwards, and my mom developed this little mantra “from the hand with the freckle to the other hand”. Now, however, in my early 50’s, with age spots galore, I again get lost on right and left. Or I have to really study my hand to tell which is the real freckle…(actually, it’s not that bad, but I DO have to think for a second about it).

I used to tell riding instructors to say “inside” and “outside” instead of “right” and “left”.

Beaver Drilling – from the early-ish days of the boards, maybe the first Canadian Invasion [and that there’s another COTH Term in itself].

There actually is a Canadian oil and gas drilling company named Beaver Drilling Ltd. Of course, once one of the Canadians mentioned it here, it got a whole new meaning.

OMGiH!!! Lovey! How could I forget Lovey Mae, the most gorgeous red mare of all? Well, obviously it was the dranken. I think for this I’ll have to let Lovey use Dillan’s PayPal account to order herself something sweet, just make sure she understands, that he be gelded.

She’s lucky her virginia is where it is, so she doesn’t end up with Inverness problems in her marital area. Tell her to keep her mind off of the finging and numping. Summer’s right around the corner.

Tell your mom hi!

Hallo, Merry, this it be wrong! It’s not the HoHoos that are at 48th St and the Pier, it’s the HO-HOs!!! I am aghasted that you should have mixed your hoos and hos!

And then, let us all remind ourselves: the Dr. Seuss book “Horton Hears a Who” will never be the same again …

Or, how the hoohoo are ya???

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oldenburg Mom:
Who in the hell is Heidi? Is she part of the DL/LE/HT equation? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> OMGiH, don’t even think such a thing! Heidi hides out mostly on the PTs these days, but she is our favorite Korean-Canadian spitfire.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bugs-n-Frodo:
why must you all be so attackative towards people who can’t spell? (Of which, I am most definitely one) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because you DESERVE it.

Please see signature line of OMom. There is a reference to a D-I-C-T-I-O-N-A-R-Y … which you can use at ANY time … whether your hohoo, hoohoo, hohos or waterbucket(s) are frozen or not.( )

P.S. I have to give you credit, though. You DID spell attackative and definitely correctly. Here’s a gold star for you, sugar. <span class=“ev_code_YELLOW”>*</span>

I thought you would all be pleased…
Last night, my husband went out to dinner with a few individuals in the horse industry who were planning on discussing, among other things, AI breeding. My husband was only going along with a friend (and not at all interested in any aspect of the process- especially over dinner ). Regardless, I felt the need to explain “hootchie bucket” to him before he went to dinner. Even though he may never be involved in another AI discussion, I have no doubt that the term “hootchie bucket” will now be permanently in his vocabulary.

Thanks Coreen, I’ll have to go refresh my memory. I recall the phrass, just for some reason the ‘Coreen’s Digest Condensed Version’ put it all together in the funniest way I think I’ve ever seen here!!
Still ing

Works for me! (Especially since my hoo-hoo is Ox3, too!)

Just found this thread this morning . . . Thanks guys for getting my day off to a much better start now

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Irish Ei’s:
I also thought numping started as typo by a young junior whose Mom quicky self induced her own Inverness by bunching up her breeches whilst typing… <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> it is, click on the link in the dictionary for fing and nump