Barisone assessment

Probably, but I would imagine those won’t happen until the judge’s timeframe for discovery is complete, and I’m pretty sure that deadline is a year away.

We may see some motions re: interrogatories and/or depositions, but until that status conference in October, I wouldn’t expect us to see much.

4 Likes

What’s stopping you?

You can post anything you like, within the boundaries of the BB guidelines.

If you stick to that system, why would you care if anyone quotes your posts?

5 Likes

No physical evidence that he did.

14 Likes

Thank you.
I am hoping that with the good news about MB’s progress that he would be released before that time. In the event he would still be in treatment do they wait on the trial or go ahead with it?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Gossip has always been a factor in the court system. That’ is baked into the part about being “judged by a jury of your peers”.

This whole “SM influencing the court” is a newly voiced concern by you, though. What has changed in the last few weeks that has you now worried about it?

16 Likes

I mean, myself and others repeatedly (and kindly) told LK to stay off the SM well before the trial, so again, this isn’t a new development in this case, that SM can impact your legal position.

21 Likes

Just a thought for the civil trial. Is it possible that LK has only recently received the entirety of the discovery from the criminal trial in order to see exactly what MB has access to from her computer?

10 Likes

Yeah, this could well be a knee-jerk reaction to that, good thought.

There is certainly a propensity to completely flip the script and accuse others of her (negative) actions while claiming the (positive) actions of others as her own.

It’s gotten to the point where I automatically assume any narrative by LK and Co is opposite to the reality.

18 Likes

I have no idea. I can see both sides of things - go forward, get it over, or hold back, don’t put anything out in the world that could hurt your treatment and possible release. I feel for him and his team, because those are heavy decisions.

3 Likes

After his wanting the criminal trial televised, I would not be surprised if he moves forward on this. It’s part of taking his life back and reasserting his agency. I’m sure his mh team will weigh in as well.

14 Likes

I’m not fully caught up yet, but I wanted to comment on this. RG testified on the stand that MB bought/paid for the building supplies himself. That would mean that the $50,000 RG wanted was for labor alone! That’s a solid year’s income for a full time, 40 hour a week job - and above minimum wage too! RG, according to his testimony, was not working 40 hours a week. How did he arrive at that $50,000 number?

22 Likes

Yeah, he never explained that and rather smugly said he’d slacked off working for weeks. He also testified he wanted to give Michael an invoice for $50,000 and LK wouldn’t let him!!! He didn’t seem too happy about her control.

Actually, RG didn’t come across as a very happy camper. He testified he really didn’t want to come when called to join her with Barisone Dressage because he liked in where he was (NC?). It seems he does all the work from grocery shopping to laundry to all groom duties to whatever else. He seems to put up with quite a lot.

7 Likes

$50K was likely just the “walk away” number cooked up by the couple. One man can’t do that degree of construction on his own and RG has neither the background or experience to do anything beyond basic pick-up/put-down labor and construction. We don’t have a master list of what he did and I don’t think the totality of his accomplished labor ever came up in trial, but it’s more likely that MB could have gotten a few thousand in work out of him, if he did anything substantial at all.

15 Likes

the downfall of not being your own man.
Just consider what he could make as shopper, driver, maid, groom, handiman…
but dang…pesky background checks…and no slacking off…
and drug tests, let’s not forget those!

This leads me to the question:
Can a boarding farm demand drug tests from boarders?
As in a contractual obligation?

7 Likes

The firm he worked for in NC had always been very pleased with his bath remodel/installation work and he received high customer reviews. They hated to lose him until he vanished a second time and they wouldn’t take him back again. He did not need to be licensed to work for this company either, BTW.

6 Likes

Sure, but it could a damper on potential boarders as being too invasive.

1 Like

the black mail amount?
(it would not pay for 6 horses and an apartment for 2 for long though…)

3 Likes

Here. I’ll help fill in some more!

MHG read several texts during her testimony.

Right at the beginning of her testimony, she does state she entered into a romantic relationship with MB in 2015.

She read one from July 13, 2019 from MB to her stating words to the effect of trust me, I’ll make it so bad they will be begging to leave. I know how and I’m good at it.

She read one from July 30, 2019 (edited to correct year from 2029 to 2019) from MB to her stating contact everyone who has ever been screwed by LK and her dad as he was going to get LK a lifetime ban from USDF.

She testified they emailed USDF and USEF on that same day.

She testified that August 3, 2019 he had her father everyone and they (LK, RG, JK) will be broken by sheer numbers. That day she also asked MB why they couldn’t just ask LK to leave because no one had.

She testified that on August 6 they mailed the 756 page report to SafeSport.

I think LK was still singing MB’s praises on the 13th. Maybe he broke her like he said he would.

She also testified as to MB’s financial position. He did have a cash flow problem he told her about and it was because he had to come up with the $965,000 for his ex. She testified that the divorce was final in December 2018 and on 3/24/2019 he texted her that after being clipped for $965,000, it was hard to feel good. She also testified he had horses worth approximately $1M and the two places were worth millions, so while he was worth millions he actually did have a cash flow problem at the time.

1 Like

part of the ‘you-know-who’ clause…

2 Likes