Barisone KROL this Friday, 5/26

What utter BS. I have lost my father, my last aunt, my last two uncles (save one), and two horses in the past few years - and I haven’t resorted to even incidental drug usage. That Taylor excuses someone’s “substantial drug abuse” like that is pathetic. Really makes me wonder…

26 Likes

Maybe doing a delivery,

3 Likes

Too busy buying drugs for inmates to actually help a member of their community

5 Likes

No - Suboxone isn’t contraindicated for the medications used for the disease I’m thinking about. Not saying Lauren Shay Kanarek has contracted anything through previous iv heroin use, just that it would explain the need for quarterly blood draws. Suboxone very rarely damages the liver of the person who uses it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK548871/

ETA: Suboxone can’t be legally taken by anyone competing internationally.

5 Likes

Thanks for that link. I will check it out. Honestly, the more I learn about the wackos running government in New Jersey, the less I think of the folks there that elected said wackos.

3 Likes

While I think he has done a lot of good work in his career, I wonder if he has now reached the stage where it would be hard to see him as anyone other than himself on the screen.

Interesting, so does this extend to addicts in his courtroom, on the stand, lying,…?

14 Likes

They were all sheriff’s deputies. Four worked at the county jail, the fifth transferred from Corrections to Security at the County Courthouse in 2016. If he hadn’t been busted in 2020 and sentenced in 2021, he may very likely have been present in the courtroom during MB’s trial!

And since they worked at the jail, I am not sure they would have been dispatched to the crime scene. Their connection to drug traffickers does raise eyebrows though, given the drug connections of the antagonists in the LK/MB saga.

And the fact that there were five officers who were caught makes me wonder how many other officers in that sheriff’s dept. were/are involved with illicit drug usage and trafficking. And perhaps were the same inept officers who wouldn’t help MB (deliberately protecting LK/RG?), and/or were present at the Hawthorne Hill crime scene. Oooh, I wish I was an investigative reporter… :face_with_monocle:

13 Likes

He clearly has a soft spot for addicts.

23 Likes

Nailed it!

7 Likes

So, someone Taylor probably saw and interacted with on a daily basis…

6 Likes

Sorry for the aside but I didn’t watch the 48 hours episode on Saturday because my daughter got married that night. Before I pay to see it on whatever platform I need to pay for to watch it can anyone clarify if it was new info or just a re-airing of the episode before?

4 Likes

mostly the same. A few bits and pieces changed. Nagle is not on the most recent one.

5 Likes

Also it did not have anything about George Clooney in it.

:horse:

14 Likes

@erinmeri did a most excellent breakdown of the edits from the transcripts of the two version.

9 Likes

Thanks for looking into this.

I’m just speculating but it seems to me that Bruce Nagel wanted nothing to do with the Ks or the negative image associated with them as well as the civil trial as things unfolded. Scrubbing any of his involvement in the 48 Hours episodes also seems to support that opinion.

Baldwin can play RG. Neither know anything about guns.

27 Likes

Agreed. There were a few shortened video only (no dialog) shots but nothing dramatic. By far the only glaring change was the removal of all things Bruce Nagel.

3 Likes

I need to see a photo of him biting his pinky nail to make a decision.

15 Likes

We need an emoji of a horse snorting! LOL!

4 Likes

Why snort when you can

:racehorse: :wind_face:

13 Likes