Barisone Trial This Month

Deleted my post because I replied to the wrong person, sorry :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

RC made a plea deal with the prosecution to testify to certain things in return for dropping the gun charges against her.

I said I thought MHG would be on the prosecution’s list of witnesses simply because the prosecution will want to question her. She was an important player.

I would expect her testimony to be more favorable to the defense than to the prosecution.

I was wondering the very same thing. Good question. Hopefully someone who knows this stuff will answer.

3 Likes

Sell him down the river? That is an awful phrase. I would think it would have fallen out of use by now. It’s also so far off the mark. If MHG is called by the prosecution then it is because she has knowledge of mental status or timeline or actions that the prosecutor needs her to testify on to build his case or to corroborate another witness. The defense lawyer will cross question her and can bring out things like was MB scared, was she scared, why were y’all scared, etc.

A witness just testifies to what they saw and heard. It’s not taking a side. It’s not turning on MB.

She can only refuse to testify if it will incriminate her. She doesn’t have a choice. She will have been subpoenaed. All it would mean if the prosecution subpoenaed her is she can testify to facts in the case. Did you see MB put the gun in his pocket and get in the cart? What did he say? She isn’t betraying him to do so.

She already dumped him. Don’t make it out like she is betraying him for not going to jail for contempt of court.

Had he been successful with murdering LK and RG and returned to her with the news that he took care of the problem, my guess is she would have recoiled from him and possibly been number 3.

3 Likes

Bad analogy. I guess, by your logic, to a tiny nail, then, everything looks like a hammer.

1 Like

ROFL! You guess wrong. I’ve read some twisted nonsense on this board, but this takes the cake.

17 Likes

As far as it being weird LK’s boyfriend and father went to the farm not weird at all. I am guessing they did exactly what they knew she would have wanted, to check on the horses and dogs.
I know it would be what I would want done. I had to be rushed to hospital and my only concern was that my dog had gotten out during loading of me into the ambulance and to be sure she was ok.
And what does this has to do with the trial anyway?

6 Likes

I guess we will see.

3 Likes

And the dogs.

1 Like

My guess is, removal of illegal recording devices.

15 Likes

Or anything really, that they could have removed or relocated.

14 Likes

We will see. Have the police or anyone that was still at the farm accused them of doing that? And again, what has that to do with the trial of MB for attempted murder?
So called illegal recording have already been throughly discussed.

5 Likes

The allegation was that the recordings observed the planning of this murder plot. And also the actual altercation.

In fact there was a Comey-esque “oh you bet there are tapes!” exclamation on these threads, and by RG at the scene of the incident

So A) they may be evidence of the plot and the altercation or B) suggest that there were falsehoods stated about same.

10 Likes

Well, it seems to me, that this particular recording would have captured CPS and what was said. It also seems that any and all recordings are attributed to this particular recorder….even conversations with multiple doors between the recorder and the conversation site and locations of questionable distance from the recorder.

9 Likes

Why would RG and JK not have to check on Lauren’s 4 horses the next day? Are you suggesting they should have trusted the care of the horses to RC, who gave MB the weapon, or to MHG who wanted LK gone…by whatever means necessary?
So explain if you will…how did “that act seem illogical to most?”
What choice did they have?

5 Likes

Did MB not have a capable staff of barn workers? You may believe all sorts of things about horse people, but none that I know of would not care for all horses in the barn.

Who took care of the horses when they were away at shows?

14 Likes

Or the dogs.

4 Likes

Because I have rarely if ever wasted my time with SDEL crap let me be clear about this. There are libels and actionable libels. A libel does not have to be actionable to still be libel.
SDEL’s disgusting lie that LK or RG ever threatened MHG’s children is the worst kind of libel. That NEVER HAPPENED EVER!
So if anyone has the time or inclination to talk to SDEL please let him/her/ to cut the lying crap on these pages.

5 Likes

C’mon, you know better. Well…to be fair…I do. By the time MB tried to kill LK and RG the staff pretty much were put in the position of choosing sides…and as employees of MB who remained employed at his pleasure is it any mystery whose side they were taking?
I understand you were not there and cannot know what LK and RG knew but there is zero chance you or any horse person would have felt comfortable leaving your horses in the care of that “staff.”
Certainly you don’t believe JK and RG left the ICU knowing they might get a call at any moment to come back because LK had died from her injuries!! They went because they knew LK’s dying wish would have been “make sure my horses are ok.”

5 Likes

Hey IM, how did jury selection go today?

1 Like