Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

“Pwned” just made me relive my teen years.

6 Likes

On the subject of SS investigation. This is LK on the subject in June ‘21.

“I agree. Abusers/predators shouldn’t have apologists. Ever. I also wish there were more “good people,” instead of rumor starting, name calling, pot stirring, sympathizers of violent criminals- sex offenders etc, whom, despite having access to factual evidence, deny it. People whom, despite knowing the difference between right & wrong- act badly & worse, moving the goal post for the standard of “inexcusable actions,” to unreachable distances - even for, let’s say, an attempted murderer. It would be so much nicer if some the “yentas,” of Coth had friends outside the usernames of this Bb. Or, perhaps they’re all “friends,” irl … which to me, makes “hiding behind a screen name,” for them, so much worse. Upside being, some posters who practically have lived on this BB since 2003 or close - have probably also had an “ooopsie,” moment in failing to continue to keep their identities anonymous. (I’ll return to the relevance of this fact, later.)”.

This is only the first paragraph, but in light of some of Seeker1’s posts about not knowing who some of us really are….I thought I would bring it to attention. The rest is a really scathing review of SS and their political “fraud” involving their investigations….

https://forum.chronofhorse.com/t/people-attempting-to-undermine-safe-sport/463807/1142?u=sdel

9 Likes

Thank you Hoover, eh, er, @Knights_Mom!

4 Likes

Such drama! “I’ll return to the relevance of this later” always the hook so folks will follow the shiny light buried in all the verbosity! Oh, oh, oh, please tell us now!

7 Likes

Regarding the issue of Eggbutt’s daughter soliciting LK, that is false. LK was made aware of Eggbutt’s daughter and sought training, as well as boarding, at the facility where Eggbutt’s daughter was working out of.

14 Likes

Remember how much Bella hated her? I was so intimidated by that horse after watching LK ride her. And once I was on her I was obsessed! I thoroughly enjoyed the group lessons where she made me feel like a pro…bless that mare.

16 Likes

This is an interesting point. Is the constant refrain about those tapes a threat to MHG? And would that not also violate the order discussed up thread?

Anyone who seriously thinks that either a major news programme or an organisation like SS or USEF would use illegal recordings is simply not playing with a full deck. If SS or USEF banned someone citing illegally obtained recordings, the organisation would be sued faster than they could say ‘barefoot ninja’ and they’d have no defence.

Illegally gotten stuff cannot be shared/distributed. It doesn’t matter what is on it, what they think it proves: fruit of the poison tree, folks. Otherwise law enforcement would have no issues with entrapment, to give just one example.

I cannot believe they are still being bandied about after being rejected for use at the criminal trial. And I cannot believe anyone with 2 grey cells to rub together could say the prosecution ‘just didn’t need the tapes/their case was strong enough’.

A. Nope, that’s not how it works, and
B. That didn’t age well as their case demonstrably was not strong enough

23 Likes

Yep, and she couldn’t ride O at all but an 11 year old jumped on and put her through her paces.

Hopefully her seat and position has improved with the daily lessons and whatever that contraption RG designed with zip ties to keep her shoulders back. In all fairness, it is extremely difficult to change one’s position switching from hunter/jumper to dressage. IMO LK made the greatest progress on all fronts when she was with RB. RB doesn’t dish out gratuitous flattery to her students and has extremely high expectations as far as work ethic.

8 Likes

And just like that all talk about MHG ceased.

10 Likes

You’ve watched me struggle to go from H/J to dressage over the years! It’s been such a privilege to get to know you and your family over the years.

7 Likes

:heart: thank you. Good people attract good people! And, BTW, you no longer ride like a hunter!

4 Likes

I had a great trainer.

2 Likes

You know, not every trainer needs to be an Olympian or gold medalist or even an FEI level rider to be phenomenal. Thank heaven for great lower level, passionate instructors who teach the basics up through 4th and pass their goal oriented students on when ready. This sport is dominated by AA’s!

28 Likes

I just want to be clear that my services as a meat shield (whatever that is) are not on offer, nor am I in need of any kind of protector. I have a history of anxiety and depression - primarily in my teens and 20s, though off and on since (and certainly more so during the pandemic!) that I have been open about. Those conditions are terribly common, and I think it is important to demystify them. Frankly, I think everyone should see a shrink at some point in their lives… The world would probably be a better place.

That said, it’s sad that certain people might see my honestly as an opportunity or weakness. It isn’t. I’m not weak, and I fight my own battles. I don’t need anyone to do that for me - certainly not unbidden.

38 Likes

I’m surprised how she went on during the trial about the heavy painkillers she took after her surgery. Doesn’t that jeopardize sobriety? I understand many addicts deal w the pain instead of starting the cycle over. Or just do Tylenol which I realize is not much for extreme pain.

4 Likes

Thank you for speaking out about what you have experienced! The only way to conquer issues like this are to acknowledge and speak opening about them with no judgement!

I, too, have experienced depression, and am the family member of a suicide victim. No one should experience either!

May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and we need more help for those that suffer.

Here is to @erinmeri! You’ve done good!

24 Likes

Thank, you @cutter99 - you too! I think it’s super important for people to be open and honest. The more we normalize mental health issues, the more people will seek help when they need it. I am also the family member of someone who died by suicide. Even though we were estranged, it made me sad that it came to that.

And, what auspicious timing! I had no idea May was Mental Health Awareness Month… so important! :heart:

20 Likes

I just saw a TikTok of a ballistic dummy being shot close to the location LK was. Bullet passed straight through so it is possible the bullet hole in the window was from a slug that went through her.
Also it’s both terrifying and fascinating.

Edit: different gun and ammunition but the theory remains. Also looking at speed an trajectory the idea of RG being able to dodge a bullet is extra ridiculous.

6 Likes

Let me tell you, I was fortunate enough to sit directly behind home plate at a Yankees game some years back. And when a foul ball flew back and hit the net right in front of us, there was no way in a million years we could have reacted fast enough to duck that foul ball. Never mind a bullet from a gun. :roll_eyes:

17 Likes

Let me tell you, I was fortunate enough to sit directly behind home plate at a Yankees game some years back. And when a foul ball flew back and hit the net right in front of us, there was no way in a million years we could have reacted fast enough to duck that foul ball. Never mind a bullet from a gun. :roll_eyes:
[/quote]

I shouldn’t have been surprised to read that the hero in all this, RG, had raced a bullet to the window and won! Not all heroes wear capes.

13 Likes