Unlimited access >

Most Bizarre gone wrong thread?

The irony is not lost on me.

3 Likes

I can understand people not being happy with it! There are always people upset with any change to the status-quo (good or bad). I’ve watched threads go off the rails over all sorts of non-important details that had nothing to do with welfare or training methods, let alone ones actually about welfare or training methods. My two favorites were people getting upset about the color piping allowed on jackets during hunter classes and the ugliness of non-braided hair for showing.

O man I saw the eventing one and… OOF. A lot of bad takes in there.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Eventing Nation booted from covering Event in Unionville, PA

So now the “Most Bizarre gone wrong thread” about train wrecks has turned into a train wreck. The irony is so thick around here. :laughing:

13 Likes

truth, makes me sad. wish they would have begun their own, and then joined the top 10 here. was meant to share specific threads that fit that criterion…not infuse one within it. :frowning:

This one went weird, with the OP deleting posts, but they had been quoted for the most part. The end was really bizarre. Would anyone?

1 Like

@skydy — which OP?

1 Like

Are you serious? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m sorry, but honestly yes! my laptop died and I haven’t been back on this thread for ages…but I began it…so am I the OP you meant? :frowning:

I believe they meant the OP of the thread they linked in that comment!

ok, didn’t see a thread link…operating on an old tablet until new laptop is received and charged/set up.

The OP of the thread “Would Anyone” that I linked to in my post. Nothing to do with you. Sorry my post was unclear.

no…I"m sorry! I just didn’t realize the link. mea culpa

THAT was great, thanks! I needed something to cheer me up while I’m sitting here sick.

For a bit, though, that thread reminded me of a girl I knew when I was a working student. She did 3rd level, thought she was The Bomb, and finally our instructor had enough of the attitude and had a friend bring her Grand Prix horse over one day for a clinic. Miss Third Level never did figure out how to get the horse to stop piaffing. Man, I wish I had that on video . . .

My sincere apologies to all for being the first to mention that thread.

There are forums that have a rule that an argument cannot be dragged to another thread. Hopefully COTH is one of them.

1 Like

Honesty, I found it slightly sad that a young person would feel it so difficult to tell the truth and would go to such lengths to lie. That, I believe, is the downside of allowing young teenagers on BBs that are comprised mainly of adults.

There are many ways of being young and stupid.We oldies did it on horses, as we were not of the internet age.
Hopefully this young person learned from the experience and is well and happy today. :hugs:

1 Like

We removed a tangent getting more into personal commentary between a couple of posters and continuing discussion from another thread. If anyone would like their posts moved over to the whisker thread, we’re happy to do that, but it sounds like the points were already being made on that thread.

7 Likes

I dunno. She was caught lying on multiple threads about multiple things, created 2 different accounts, couldn’t afford a horse yet owned a $4,000 saddle (still unsure of the brand), and disparaged those jumping 3’ while she herself was only at 2’6" … I had the feeling she’d just read one too many issues of Practical Horseman and didn’t ride at all.

IMO that was an adult troll entertaining themselves by baiting COTH posters, and not the horse-crazy youngster the person was claiming to be. Someone who had some past contact with the world of lesson barns and showing.

Someone who knew COTH well enough to know what the reaction would be.

In those days, trolling COTH was more easily done, as enough people hadn’t yet tired of engaging with probable trolls. COTH has had several lengthy turns around the trolling block, IMO. Some epic meltdowns that moderating no longer tolerates, thankfully.

1 Like

I don’t think so. There were several PM’s and issues surrounding that poster that made it clear she was a teenager.