Unlimited access >

That's a twist

The big question everyone should be asking.... why stay, if you knew what  they were doing/trying to do.
17 Likes

A wide variety of things. Probably best you ask USEF. Or, you can download the USEF app of Rules, Codes & Guidelines. However, I highly doubt this investigation lists any of the violations, specifically, as the seriousness of the crimes would seem to be common knowledge. For example, you don’t get to murder people. You don’t get to conspire to murder people. You don’t get to plot violent attacks, tamper with vet records, attempt to … Well, you get the idea. Those kinds of things.

2 Likes

I feel like such a slow person! I would love to hear about the exact events and sequence of such events on the day of the shooting. I feel like I have muddled this all up over the months and can’t sort it all out in my head. a comment here and there over months, I just can’t make sense of it all.

12 Likes

I guess my version of the facts could be “hilarious,” to someone such as yourself. A Grand Jury didn’t find it funny. Perhaps, you missed that?
If a case doesn’t seem strong enough, the DA must lessen the charges to try and secure a “true bill,” ruling during a GJ indictment. Here, each and every initial charge was ruled, “true bill.” Whose sworn testimony & statements do you think they reviewed? Aside from the police, ballistics & forensics? Hint: Witnesses

2 Likes

Lol, your story has indeed “varied”, here on COTH, at least.

“Don’t blame me if you can’t keep “the truth,” straight. My own admission of the facts have not varied.”

7 Likes

A.) We were never staying after we learned certain initial things & MB verbally attacked me, physically threatened me & warned me if I left, my “dressage career would be over with one phone call.” We were deciding on trainers & those with 6 available stalls for full training.
B.) We didn’t know what they were actually doing, until we did.
C.) Even after hearing that which we heard, we didn’t entirely grasp the seriousness of it all. No one would who is a rational, law abiding citizen would.
D.) That is NOT the “big question,” everyone should be asking. Two people were almost killed. Purposefully. I’d argue, the bigger question (especially compared to yours) would be, “What did the shooter believe he would gain or lose by driving to a place in which he did not live, with exact intention to murder two people?”

4 Likes

You show me screenshots of how my story has varied. The only variation whatsoever, was the amount of times I was shot. Twice. Or 3 times. No one, including thoracic, pulmonary & general trauma experts knew for sure as different medical reports stated different amounts. Till this day, some of the many, many doctors assigned to my case, are not positive the mark on my left abdomen was not caused by a grazed bullet wound. We may not know for sure until ballistics takes measurements of that specific wound and compare it to the trajectory of the bullet which was aimed at RG’s head - then compare that to where exactly I was standing in relation.

Aside from that- either show screenshots of where exactly my story has “varied,” or stop embarrassing yourself.

4 Likes

[QUOTE=Angela Freda;n10538916]

Lol, your story has indeed “varied”, here on COTH, at least.

Why would a sports governing body investigate criminal acts when we have law enforcement?

16 Likes

The exact sequence of events are as follows: (There are perhaps, one or two specific details, I can’t comment on, but only bc it’s def not public info & MB has no idea it/they exist.) I was reading on my love seat on the porch. I’d been there all morning. Sometime around 2 pm I saw Michaels truck speeding down the driveway. I heard it & immediately peeked my head out from the umbrella attached to the love seat. He pulled in the driveway to the house and parked directly in front of the table set outside the porch. I immediately ran upstairs to get Rob bc I had no desire to talk to him & was afraid to be alone with him out there. Rob came down, stood on the porch (at first) and began asking Michael what he wanted. I noticed Michael was standing in a very weird position. He was behind a chair, hiding most of his body behind a bush. I could hear, but I was standing on the porch so I leaned over the handrail to hear better. Michael told/asked Rob “what can I do to make everything better? I just want to make this right and make everything good again… I honestly could not believe my ears. But, Rob told him to call his lawyer and let our lawyers talk & stormed away back to the porch. I, however, DID want to hear exactly how Michael thought he was gonna make everything alright - you’d have to know Michael to know that after the past 6-7 days of TORTURE - he might actually think there was some way to “fix everything.” Even I partially believed it. So I stupidly went outside (off the safety of the porch - to be clear) and got about 4 ft away from him, but the table and partial chair were in between us. I right away asked, “ok. How do you plan to … (or something similar)
Never finished my sentence. He immediately pulled a gun from his jeans and shot me twice in the chest right then. I ran around in a circle or something… I think I was in shock. But reality kicked in and my first thought was Rob. Michael fired another round and Rob went down. I thought he was shot in the head. Glass was everywhere from the window in the door in the laundry room which leads to the porch where rob had been standing - Michael started running to the porch & One second later Rob comes leaping out of the laundry room door (which wasn’t completely closed all the way, as we wanted to be able to go right back in if needed) and tackles Michael to the ground. I was bleeding from my chest and side so badly it was running down my arms and hands and my red shirt was (still RED &) soaking wet. I was TERRIFIED the gun would go off from somewhere under Michael and Rob was on top of him holding him down… I remember running over to them and trying to dial 911 from my phone but my hands were soaking wet with blood, it wouldn’t dial… 911 got called though. (That part I can’t disclose.) 911 was called Also by me - apparently. But I don’t remember speaking to 911. I remember vividly Rob screaming “Stop fkng trying to move Michael.” They were on the ground still & I couldn’t let the gun go off or let Michael get free. So I started hitting him in the face with my phone until it broke. Rob kept trying to push me off bc he legit thought I was about to die once the adrenaline wore off or I bled out, but I kept coming back until I thought I should try & somehow tourniquet my chest (stupid I know, but I didn’t know how else to stop the bleeding) … so I started crawling toward the table bc I guess I thought I saw a rag or small towel (they were usually always on the chair seats bc they were SO uncomfortable) but I couldn’t make it. Body gave out. I was losing consciousness and I knew that was BAD. Cops showed up exactly at that moment. 6 guys I think. But one guy was first by a matter of a nano second. He got Rob off Michael & I remember my dog was somehow outside which she’s never allowed to be unless she’s on her ground leash. She was biting Michael and even Rob, too. Anyway, the cop was then standing over Michael with a pistol aimed at his head telling him if he moved again, he would “fkng kill him so do not fkng move.” All I remember after are pieces… the 6 cops were trying to keep me conscious. They bandaged my entry wounds, located the exits, bandaged them too, cleaned blood off my face and arms. Then I remember hearing “the med evac chopper can’t fly - there is storm coming. But they did get there. I was flown to the hospital and that is all I remember. I woke up 4 days later in the ICU …

not editing this, so if there are grammar mistakes or words missing … feel free to either ask or ignore. Also, I was not “tricked,” into writing this … these facts I’m allowed to share. But ONLY these facts. There will definitely be surprises… and thank god. Once the defense figures it out I can’t imagine what defense he will POSSIBLY have to combat the “other” evidence.

5 Likes

Quoting for future reference

19 Likes

LaLa: Are you going to testify at the trial?

“911 got called though. (That part I can’t disclose.”) Siri, call 9-1-1.

2 Likes

Law school drop out here, so not an actual lawyer, but if I was, I absolutely would not take you on as a client. You are on the internet squabbling with strangers and gloating about having insider knowledge of a very serious, on-going case. “These facts I’m allowed to share. But ONLY these facts. There will definitely be surprises… and thank go.” Get out of here with this soap opera crap. You have a lot of nerve and no class.

Also, horse ownership 101: always have a back up plan for the event you feel you need to leave your current sitation in the middle of the night. If that back up doesn’t have room for 6 horses, don’t own 6 horses.

34 Likes

Maybe you should correct them if you were not employed there. I hope that you did, otherwise it is just spreading more false information.

If you were saying for “months & months” that laws were not followed in the property, and you were aware of this while on the property (yes?), that would be, to me, more red flags signaling that I needes to GTFO. There appeared to be multiple people that volunteered to take in your horses, so I’d imagine it wouldn’t be an incredible feat to move. Or you could have split them temporarily. My point is, usually when such signs of danger are present, we do what we have to, and get out.

Why should I find the short span weird if you don’t? I really don’t know that this developed over 7-8 days because other posts and information indicate that this was brewing a bit longer and then came to a head. Again, if you knew of this, and that something was coming. G. T. F. O.

Now, I’m not schooled on US/NJ law, but one call by MH does bit indicate a pattern of “erroneous 911” calls. I’m guessing this “incident” is officially recorded somewhere, and not just your word, and that there were other calls.

I don’t think that I will, “solve the case on my own” because how could I? Like you said there is very little information that you can share. So how can I solve the case (not even what I’m trying to do here anyway) based off of little information? I also cannot just take your word for everything. It’s not personal, it is just the way it is. Some of it may be documented evidence but we, in general as the public, don’t have access to that, so we’re going off of a lot of “word” which can be unreliable. So can evidence in some cases. There are variables. Just because something is entered as “evidence” doesn’t mean it is legit. This goes for any case, not just this one. I mean, the one thing we do know is that MB shot you. Nothing to solve there. Just a matter to what extent he will be punished and maybe all of those extraneous details come into play here. Or are more for the civil suit.

Oh, another “weird” finding that you could perhaps shed some light on or should correct: what is with these claims that you avoid being served? As in avoid being served court notices. Not exactly related to this case, but related to your reputation…something of which someone should take great care.

I believe that the defense doesn’t have to figure out any surprises or other evidence. It’s called discovery.

26 Likes

Thanks. That’s well said. Oh, the gloating. Good grief. How much crazy is there, here. For petes sake, woman, just shut up. And I agree, there better not be any surprises, lol. And she sat in that so uncomfortable love seat from morning until two pm, but its so uncomfortable. I sure do hope she doesn’t plan to get on the stand.

16 Likes

I concur.

I think there has been some coaching here, however.

Again, US/NJ/Criminal law is not my thing, but usually rule #1 is don’t talk about it. Any of it. I am in involved in an entirely different field (and country) in respect to law, but I thought rule #1 was universal.

So, I guess I find that “weird” too. Seeing as my trend is to find things weird :lol: or maybe I’m just confused, which isn’t out of the ordinary!

9 Likes

Well, I guess LK isn’t an ammy owner after all. Apparently she was employed by MB or the farm. She wasn’t riding as an ammy owner, was she? I sure hope not.

2 Likes

I wonder if he was thinking he was handling this like a tresspass? I don’t know how legal it is to shoot a tresspasser, but if he was clawing for answers and her cray cray made him nutso, what if tresspassing was what he figured was all he had going on? There doesn’t seem to be any other kind of real or imaginary other reason. I mean, if he had evicted her, or tried to, and she literally wouldn’t leave the property, I wonder if he imagined it was now tresspassing?

Michael Barisone has been indicted on charges (yes, plural) of attempted murder, in addition to weapons charges, and yet many here are still picking on the VICTIM of the attempted murder on multiple points that have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Michael Barisone shot her more than once in the chest. Really, why all of you are so focused on whether or not the victim was his employee, where who was living at the time of the shooting, whether or not the victim was riding as an amateur at the time of the shooting, or why you all think you are entitled to know every detail of the case so that you can play judge and jury all by yourselves (you seem a lot like the “I Stand With George” crew) is weird and creepy.

It doesn’t matter how unlikable the victim is to you - she is a victim of an attempted murder. It also doesn’t matter how much you dislike her posts here - she is a victim of an attempted murder. I doubt any of the rest of us posting on this thread have experienced what it’s like to be shot in the chest at point blank range, and all of your judging this victim as though she should act the way all of you think she should is abhorrent.

This thread is reminding me of the awful tweets that a certain Washington DC resident has aimed at a certain Swedish teenage girl with a disability. It’s just not acceptable, and it needs to stop.

27 Likes