Court date for Michael Barisone?

https://forum.chronofhorse.com/t/thats-a-twist/464204/1629

2 Likes

Thank You

2 Likes

Parents don’t call CPS about another barn person shouting at their child who is a working student. CPS is about reporting fails in parenting, not bullying and harassment by a non family member.

As far as the kids bedrooms photos sent to CPS, my guess would be they show something in the farmhouse after MB and his family moved out to the barn apartment. Maybe kids former bedrooms, maybe something random. Or maybe LK only claimed on SM to have such photos but said something else completely different to whatever authorities she contacted.

2 Likes

Just type Barisone in the Forum search field and all of them will come up. LK first appears in the oldest thread around mid September. Some won’t make much sense now (at least less sense than they did then) because she has recently edited many, many of her posts when they were unlocked during the new platform migration. The good news is quite a few of her posts were “quoted for posterity” (QFP) and she wasn’t able to edit those. It should take you a couple of weeks to read them all. We’ll be around for questions if needed! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t know that the kid’s bedrooms were mentioned to CPS at all. She would have reported something much more sinister and serious based on her past behavior.

2 Likes

On COTH she alluded to the idea that SS was only interested in infractions towards minors, as evidenced during a call back about her self report of being bullied, and that while they didn’t care about her bullying they were of a different “opinion” about the kids.

A few threads later she said something about a picture of a litter box and the kids beds. And this from the MB/police civil suit

“39. 1. Soon after she started staying as a house guest at the Farm, Kanarek commenced
displaying behavior towards BARISONE, Gray, and/or other Farm residents and visitors, which
was increasingly threatening and/or otherwise unacceptable.” So, soon after May 2019.

3 Likes

New postings under the “Amended” thread

3 Likes

Thank you for doing that.

2 Likes

Nice article -

2 Likes

Has anyone heard anything?

3 Likes

There is a hearing for the criminal case tomorrow.

4 Likes

Should be interesting. If the crux of the argument the state is using for dismissal of the MB lawsuit against the police is that they haven’t violated his civil rights until they actually use the false police reports against him in court then this hearing could change that

5 Likes

I dare say this is about to get interesting.

There is nothing about this entire situation that is cut and dry, and/or black and white.

5 Likes

Would such a hearing be open to the public or the press? Or be a matter of public record with some sort of account posted after the fact?

2 Likes

It is open to the public and the press.

4 Likes

Anyone attending???

1 Like

If the allegations against the police in this case (Barisone case) have merit, the media attention this case has drawn, would a pattern or practice investigation be in order for this department?

1 Like

With the current media attention, it would not surprise me. That said, this is a small town with a small PD. Who knows. I do believe many questions have been raised, including past discrepancies, which need to be investigated by the NJ AG.

3 Likes

So no update on the hearing. I don’t know how we would get one, but still disappointing

There was a hearing with two cops testifying. This was focused 100% on Miranda rights. The 3rd cop is to appear 12/8 once he is back from medical leave.

Apparently there was some press there because the judge mentioned it.

A trial date was set for 2/7/22 for jury selection with the actual trial beginning the 14th.

I’m sure The Patch will provide more info.

11 Likes